Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2010 Football Season Preview: North Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,070

Jul 20, 2010, 12:21 AM

This game concludes a three-game stretch of Auburn, Miami and the Heels for the Tigers and should give an indication of exactly what kind of team Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney has in his second full season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2010 Football Season Preview: North Carolina

Jul 20, 2010, 8:34 AM

I am betting that UNC looks totaly different by the start of the season. The defense that has garnered so much media love may be descimated by the start of the season due to NCAA suspensions that are looming. I think it would be great if the NCAA came down on them similiar to Southern Cal, the only question is whether or not Swofford would then add additional penalties to his beloved Tar Holes.

Regardless of how we do vs Mimi, Auburn and North Carolina

Jul 20, 2010, 12:01 PM

we will likely be in the ACC-CG if we win our next 6 vs Maryland, GT, BC, NCST, FSU, and WF.

6-2 will likely win the division assuming we have the tie breaker over Maryland, BC, NCST, FSU, and WF.

Trust me, we can take Mimi......throws like a girl......:~)***

Jul 20, 2010, 12:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has anyone noticed?

Jul 20, 2010, 6:18 PM

This is the third straight year of the ACC/SEC game in the Georgia Dome to start the season. What is it called? The chic-fil-a classic or something?

Anyway, each year the ACC team that is playing in that game gets a lot of love from the media. Clemson in 2008, Va Tech in 2009, and UNC in 2010.

I could see Va Tech last year, but I did not really think we were a top ten team coming into 2008, nor do I think UNC is going to be great, despite of what happens with the NCAA thing. I just wonder if the media intentionally 'hypes up' every ACC team playing in that game in the preseason, to get more ratings for that game? Who knows.....

It's a coincidence. ESPN isn't buying off Phil Steele, et al***

Jul 20, 2010, 7:52 PM

Media hyped '08 Clemson & '09 Oklahoma despite weak O-lines

Jul 20, 2010, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Has anyone noticed? ]

And both were miserable letdowns.

For the most part the mainstream media doesn't dig into the details, and everybody undervalues the O-line.

You've got that right

Jul 20, 2010, 8:21 PM

I saw Danny Ford speak in Greenville a few years ago. Someone asked him what he did to be so successful in his years at Clemson. His answer was "I always made sure I had a good set of offensive linemen, and made sure I was deep at that position."

It is amazing how people disregard offensive linemen. All of these flashy five star running backs, receivers, and quarterbacks are the ones that always get the attention. I would rather have a recruiting class with five 5 star offensive linemen any day, than ten five star skill position players. It is the linemen that make many of those skill position players shine. See the Dallas Cowboys offensive line in the nineties.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,070
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic