»
Topic: Truly serious question: How can the NCAA and ACC say the
Replies: 22   Last Post: Sep 15, 2016 2:29 PM by: Ranger
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 22  

Truly serious question: How can the NCAA and ACC say the

[2]
Posted: Sep 14, 2016 7:01 PM
 

bathroom issue is discrimination, but it is not discrimination to forbid Jarone Blossingame to play for the women's basketball team if he identifies as a woman? What is the difference? I truly can't comprehend it.


Re: Truly serious question: How can the NCAA and ACC say the

[3]
Posted: Sep 14, 2016 7:02 PM
 

go read the HB2 bill in full and get back to me

no point in even responding when you are not educated enough to form an opinion


I read enough statutes. Enlighten me on this one. I had


Posted: Sep 14, 2016 7:06 PM
 

assumed the bill forbid local governments from enacting ordinances forcing local businesses to allow patrons to use any bathroom of their choosing.


Re: I read enough statutes. Enlighten me on this one. I had


Posted: Sep 14, 2016 7:18 PM
 

The bill is messed up for multiple reasons

1. there is no longer any state law claim for discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex (biological or otherwise) or handicap

2. Local governments are not allowed to change the minimum wage in their city. They have to abide by the state minimum wage


So why didn't the ACC and NCAA state that their problem

[1]
Posted: Sep 14, 2016 7:40 PM
 

with HB2 is on the loss of recourse against the state of NC for civil rights violations? Don't you think the public would be more supportive of their boycott than based on what the media has said is a transgender affront?


Meant "in" not "against"***


Posted: Sep 14, 2016 7:41 PM
 




Re: So why didn't the ACC and NCAA state that their problem


Posted: Sep 14, 2016 7:42 PM
 

The transgender issue was obviously the main reason the ACC pulled the championship games, but I'm just pointing out there are other issues with the bill besides the obviously transgender discrimination that is pointed out.


Okay, so back to my original question which was serious. I


Posted: Sep 14, 2016 7:46 PM
 

didn't denigrate you or anyone else. I didn't mean to offend anyone with the way I worded the question. I truly just see hypocrisy with the ACC and NCAA's stance unless someone can point to the logical difference which, so far, the responses have just been derogatory.


Re: I read enough statutes. Enlighten me on this one. I had

[1]
Posted: Sep 15, 2016 9:05 AM
 

> The bill is messed up for multiple reasons
>
> 1. there is no longer any state law claim for
> discrimination based on race, religion, color,
> national origin, age, sex (biological or otherwise)
> or handicap
>
> 2. Local governments are not allowed to change the
> minimum wage in their city. They have to abide by the
> state minimum wage

The original bill was amended, it does not take away the option of filing a state law employment discrimination claim. Usually the only reason to file a state law claim is if you miss the 6 month deadline for filing a federal claim with the EEOC.

I don't believe any cities in NC had been considering raising the minimum wage above the federally mandated level.


Re: I read enough statutes. Enlighten me on this one. I had


Posted: Sep 15, 2016 9:10 AM
 

I was trying to post a link about the amendment but can't figure out how.

Regardless, it was reckless on the part of both Charlotte in making a non issue an issue and NC is overreacting. Can't believe how much time has been wasted on this.


Re: Truly serious question: How can the NCAA and ACC say the

[2]
Posted: Sep 14, 2016 7:10 PM
 

Wow. What do you know another a s s hole on tigernet. He has a great point. But since you are a simple minded liberal you couldn't possibly understand what he's saying.

military_donation.jpg

Re: Truly serious question: How can the NCAA and ACC say the


Posted: Sep 14, 2016 7:31 PM
 

> go read the HB2 bill in full and get back to me
>
> no point in even responding when you are not educated
> enough to form an opinion

Thank you! Tnet is full of uneducated nuts


Re: Truly serious question: How can the NCAA and ACC say the


Posted: Sep 14, 2016 7:33 PM
 

Another a s s hole.

military_donation.jpg

Re: Truly serious question: How can the NCAA and ACC say the

[1]
Posted: Sep 14, 2016 7:43 PM
 

Nice rebuttals


Gee, that wasn't insensitive or hateful, huh? Good job

[1]
Posted: Sep 14, 2016 7:43 PM
 

representing your side of the argument.


oh for feck's sake. how many times do we have to go

[1]
Posted: Sep 14, 2016 7:50 PM
 

over this.Blossingame is not TRANSGENDER. Are you able to grasp this? Do we need to write more slowly? He has a man's equipment. Transvestites aren't protected by any law anywhere. Men who like to play dress up aren't part of this. TRANSGENDER people are people who for whatever reason, either through surgery and hormone therapy as an adult, or surgery and hormone therapy as children due to some condition warranting it, are WOMEN or MEN, not because they say so or want to pretend so, but because THEY ARE.


Re: oh for feck's sake. how many times do we have to go

[1]
Posted: Sep 14, 2016 7:52 PM
 

Wait, but I don't know any of these people. How can I be sure if they exist?


Re: oh for feck's sake. how many times do we have to go


Posted: Sep 14, 2016 8:06 PM
 

I feel like we are probably on the same side of this issue, but you are incorrect. There is no surgery or hormone therapy requirement to be considered transgender. One must simply identify as such, nothing more.

2019 white level member

Re: oh for feck's sake. how many times do we have to go

[1]
Posted: Sep 14, 2016 8:09 PM
 

You are wrong. You are considered Transgender in this country whenever you wake up and chose to be. You can wake up one morning and play dress up and whammy you are Transgender for the day.

military_donation.jpg

Re: oh for feck's sake. how many times do we have to go


Posted: Sep 14, 2016 8:10 PM
 

I hadn't considered that someone would go through all that trouble to be ridiculed incessantly by society at large. You may have a point here.


Re: Truly serious question: How can the NCAA and ACC say the

[1]
Posted: Sep 14, 2016 8:02 PM
 

just more foolishness from a group that has to stick their noses into everything!

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg


By law in NC..


Posted: Sep 15, 2016 8:32 AM
 

even if a player has had the surgery, they must play on the team of the sex assigned on their birth certificate if you follow this law to its conclusion. Therefore, even if a baby had a sex change in infancy due to dangerously infected sexual organs(rare but it does happen), they would be forced to play on the team of their originally assigned sex. So you could possibly have a male on the women's team.


Re: By law in NC..


Posted: Sep 15, 2016 2:29 PM
 

Thanks, walrus, for the answer of sorts. I imagine, then, this will end up like the route marijuana is going in the NFL. Some states legalize the issue while others don't forcing the ACC/NCAA to modify its stance either by its own will or by court order.


Replies: 22  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: South Carolina
FOR SALE: 2 tickets on 50 yard line. section 505 row 39 seats 9 & 10 IPTAY tickets with Clemson fans. $110...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1205 people have read this post