Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Swinney says ACC must 'produce dominant teams'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Football Update: Swinney says ACC must 'produce dominant teams'

May 15, 2013, 2:22 PM

Swinney says ACC must 'produce dominant teams'

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo gets it

May 15, 2013, 2:24 PM

SEC SEC SEC....
it's not just the fans.

Didn't the SEC

May 15, 2013, 2:51 PM

get in trouble a few years ago because they were watching #### during work?

Re: Dabo gets it

May 15, 2013, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Dabo gets it ]

His last line sums it up best, we are playing another team, not another conference. Let the idiots group them all together. The bottom line is we play UGA next, let's go out and handle business. Let the morons that are called experts make it what they want. I love how he convinced the team that they are playing a team that puts the pads on the same way we do.

he really couldn't have said it any better***

May 15, 2013, 2:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get it done Dabo!!

May 15, 2013, 2:33 PM

See Y'all in Pasadena!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we need to shut down the "SEC Dominance" talk

May 15, 2013, 3:22 PM

when it's been 1 team from the conference 3 of the last 4 years and 1 STATE 4 in a row you start to sound dumb.

Did the PAC-10 crow when UCLA was so dominate in basketball?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Four schools have won NCs in the last 10 years.

May 15, 2013, 4:06 PM

That's kind of hard to argue with. Plus, you have schools with programs like UGA, SCU, and A&M who haven't won one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you have 1 division and mostly 1 team dominating the

May 15, 2013, 4:14 PM

last 4 years though, how far back are you allowed to reach to crow about the conference? I say 4 years is enough--no one at any SEC school who wasn't redshirted was even around last time a Non-Alabama school wan the MNC.

4 years? Can you pick another number to go with?***

May 15, 2013, 4:43 PM

How is that any more arbitrary than picking 10 and that

May 15, 2013, 6:30 PM

conveniently being then last ones the SEC won period?

Media has always been behind the conference vs.

May 15, 2013, 4:13 PM

conference bs because it creates more ratings.

They have the whole country tuning in to pull against the SEC when they play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson needs to be the one...

May 15, 2013, 6:45 PM

To end this SEC run. If for no other reason: To see Michael Carvell and Phil Korncoot both SUCK IT!!!

Go Tigers!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been saying this for years

May 16, 2013, 12:53 AM

The ACC needs 4 teams that dominate the other teams. Preferably 2 in the Atlantic and 2 in the Coastal. Then you have a ACCCG with two teams that are undefeated or only have one loss.

No more of this 8-4 team vs a 9-3 team. Last year we had a lame @$$ GT team in the ACCCG that no one watched. No more "beating up on each other". No more dreaded "ACC Wheel....Of.....Destiny" on College Football Live. More importantly, we need the ACC schools to win the OOC games against foes in AQ conferences.

Of course we'll hear from people that don't care what the other teams in the ACC are doing. Meanwhile, these are the same people that are complaining about the media kissing up to the SEC. If you want that to stop then another conference has to knock them off and I'd prefer that it be the ACC.

Just Clemson

May 16, 2013, 1:02 AM

That is all. If it isnt Clemsonwinning a championship then I dont and wont ever care who it actually is...or was.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

All members of any organization have to lend support

May 16, 2013, 7:34 AM

for its overall success, although it's usually a select few who contribute the most. Dabo has it correct: there has to be several ACC members step to the front in leadership in football. There is no reason to exclude but a few possibilities, most notably Duke, Wake, BC.

Then there is a second tier of dark horses: UVA, Cuse, Pitt. That brings us to the members with the greatest potential: Clemson, FSU, VT, Miami, LV, UNC, NC State and GT. Think how perception of the ACC would change dramatically if only four of the latter were to have highly successful seasons being ranked in the top 10 or 15. Think of the perception were there to be a battle royal for the conference crown.

While we will promote and cheer on The Tigers, it serves our purposes well for our conference to be respectable in football. It promotes our level of play...strength of schedule, it's called. It draws greater national attention to our conference games, for audiences will gravitate to superior levels of play. And that forces greater media attention, demand for broadcasts...and money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good morning my friend! Yes, a rising tide lifts all boats.

May 16, 2013, 7:55 AM

I just made that up. Pretty good huh?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Your alacrity and sheer genius is only surpassed by

May 16, 2013, 8:07 AM

your wittiness and general good humor. I am in awe of your highly refinded meanness...er, I mean: mightiness. Good day, my Friend. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why thank you sir. You are sharp as ever, quite impressive

May 16, 2013, 8:11 AM

given your advanced, umm, time on earth.

Tis better to be older and wiser, than younger and a

May 16, 2013, 8:23 AM

wiseacre. Ever heard that one? lol

i find smarter & better looking has worked for me.

May 16, 2013, 8:28 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smarter & better looking than whom? dsp? big whoop,

May 16, 2013, 8:31 AM

he's an attorney smh

Meant gwp obviously haha***

May 16, 2013, 8:39 AM

who?***

May 16, 2013, 8:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, the younger version of Hartins. Just finished

May 16, 2013, 8:49 AM

law school, and now has an ego bigger than Jupiter. Oh, and with a strong urge to stop at traffic accidents. Ring a bell?

john marshall's a younger version of hartins, but i'm not

May 16, 2013, 8:57 AM

sure he's chasing ambulances.

In fact, the only problem I had tutoring the distinguished

May 16, 2013, 9:08 AM

Justice Marshall was his temptation to rationality and reasonability...skills that seemed to evade me on the original TigerNet of the 18th Century: TigerNetus Maximus.

Speaking of traffic accidents, years ago a good buddy

May 16, 2013, 9:00 AM [ in reply to You know, the younger version of Hartins. Just finished ]

and I were on a trip out west with me driving and him asleep on the back seat. Speeding up a hill, I saw a truck barrelling down the same at breakneck speed IN OUR LANE! I yelled, "Wake up...wake up!" Startled, he answered, "Why? Why?" I replied, "'Cause I want you to see the d@mndest wreck you'll ever see!"

AND?? You just gonna leave us hanging here or what?

May 16, 2013, 9:06 AM

Did you crash? You weren't killed, were you?

Of course not...Both of us had taken a few swigs of

May 16, 2013, 9:11 AM

Metamucil...we passed the truck.

Message was edited by: hartins®

Ouch! Bet that hurt.***

May 16, 2013, 9:13 AM

Careful...Don't insult GWP like that!***

May 16, 2013, 9:04 AM [ in reply to You know, the younger version of Hartins. Just finished ]

Modesty and respect are virtues, but why bother with

May 16, 2013, 8:34 AM [ in reply to i find smarter & better looking has worked for me. ]

such trifling matters on TNet. Good morning, Mr. America.

honesty was always pretty high on the best policy list...

May 16, 2013, 8:38 AM

yep, comes in right there at numero uno.

;)

and good morning to you fine sir!

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic