Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So who won tonight?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

So who won tonight?

Aug 6, 2015, 11:09 PM

Who were you most impressed with?

Kasich for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Christie or Bush

Aug 6, 2015, 11:18 PM

Not my favorites, but they knew their stuff

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Christie or Bush

Aug 7, 2015, 1:16 AM

In my opinion they were the two worst. Rand got the best of Christie and Jeb wasn't very persuasive throughout the evening

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BUSH? really?

Aug 7, 2015, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Christie or Bush ]

I think he's got one foot out and the other is on a banana peal or Trump's wig

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So who won tonight?

Aug 6, 2015, 11:30 PM

I didn't see jv players at 5pm ET but hearing Fiorina crushed it.

I came into it as a Kasich supporter and the twitterverse is expressing their approval. Disappointed he wasn't able to discuss foreign policy but the good news for me is that I think he will poll higher.

This moderate thought Rubio and Christie had very good nights and Jeb had his momments. Then again we all see what we want to see.

Trump was the most entertaining and I thought he did a great job being Trump.

Did you hear that Kasich's dad was a mailman? I think I heard it several times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2015, 11:38 PM

Yeah, Kasich did point out his dad was a mailman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump

Aug 6, 2015, 11:51 PM

101!84!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kasich definitely improved his lot more than anybody. I also

Aug 6, 2015, 11:52 PM

think some of the shine wore off of Trump tonight. Walker was solid and may have helped himself, Paul tried too hard, Christie may have helped himself marginally, Carson was solid, Bush had some great moments and really looked like the best of the lot at times, but at other times he stammered and stumbled and looked scared. Good old Huckabee had some great moments and was entertaining, and Cruz and Rubio were solid.

My guess - Kasich up significantly, Walker and Christie up some, Bush maybe up some or stays the same, Carson, Cruz, Huckabee, Paul and Rubio stay about the same, and Trump goes down some.

Given the fact that Florida and Ohio are critical and the election may hinge on those states, a ticket with some combination of Walker/Bush/Kasich/Rubio is likely.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Christie would smoke any of those fools in a 1 on 1 debate.

Aug 7, 2015, 2:07 AM

It's unfortunate he's so fat.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'Merica.***

Aug 6, 2015, 11:59 PM

null

I did.

Aug 7, 2015, 8:31 AM

I read a book and didn't waste a minute on politics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we're on the same ticket.***

Aug 7, 2015, 8:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I did.

Aug 7, 2015, 8:39 AM [ in reply to I did. ]

LOL

First time I've actually sat down to watch tv in months. I doubt I'll watch all of the debates but was really interested in a couple of the candidates.

Still don't know a whole lot about where each stands tho.

What book? ******

Aug 7, 2015, 9:56 AM [ in reply to I did. ]

null

A cheesee Sci Fy Doctor Who.

Aug 7, 2015, 10:24 AM

Highly entertaining. Not to the point that I can't read it again in two years and revive the same entertainment.

I'm working on the new Harper Lee book (~100 pages) but it's appearing to become a political statement. If that turns out to be the case I'll probably trash it. I enjoy the writing and ability to present old fashioned southern style diction but I'm not exposing myself to a bunch of horsechit nonsense. I don't find politics entertaining anymore. Actually, that's all politics has ever been to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too. Also watched the end of "This Is The End",

Aug 7, 2015, 10:27 AM [ in reply to I did. ]

which I thought was pretty funny.

Saturday Night Live

Aug 7, 2015, 9:03 AM

I'm not sure they'll have to do much to make that #### show any funnier.

From Donald's frown and hair to Megyn Kelly's eyelashes and weave to Kasich's weird facial tics (WTH is up with that?) that was a steaming hot mess.

The only one that seemed the least bit genuine was Carson, and that's why he doesn't have a chance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2015, 2:41 PM

You know who won? the people who watched Sports Center. The debates have long since become a circus. Minus the tent, and the popcorn. But there is plenty of manure from the elephants and donkeys.

Overall Carly

Aug 10, 2015, 9:25 PM

Kasick, Ben, Huck, Rubio

Thought they all did well, except trump. Trump sucked! But I'll take him over hillary or saunders.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic