Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Five years ago, did it even seem possible
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 380

Five years ago, did it even seem possible

Aug 22, 2018, 12:08 PM

that supporters of a Republican sitting president would be on Tigernet arguing that paying off strippers and #### stars you screwed who were threatening your political career might not even be a crime?

I guess with Ted Cruz maybe, but he seemed like a long shot back then.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that part isn't surprising....back it up a little though

Aug 22, 2018, 12:12 PM

Having social conservatives gloss over what a philanderer he is surprises me more.

I can't decide if it's a shift in moral compasses or desperate times calling for desperate measures.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that part isn't surprising....back it up a little though

Aug 22, 2018, 12:19 PM

I think the needle on our "moral compass" fell out and went down the drain years ago

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I listened to a podcast about a greenville evangelical

Aug 22, 2018, 12:30 PM [ in reply to that part isn't surprising....back it up a little though ]

who was on his radio show freaking out about how his base was ignoring so much baggage with Trump when there were so many other good candidates available.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no it didnt

Aug 22, 2018, 12:13 PM

nor did it seem possible that the "its just sex" Clinton Democrats would be so outraged by Trump's womanizing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are there lots of those people out there?

Aug 22, 2018, 12:18 PM

I haven't heard much, if any, of that. Marital infidelity isn't a crime. Wasn't when Clinton did it, wasn't when Trump did it. If somebody believes that makes a person unfit to be POTUS, then at least be consistent about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are there lots of those people out there?

Aug 22, 2018, 12:21 PM

JFK did it too. And did it. And did it. And did it. And did it. And did it. And did it........ No one noticed. Well they did but it didnt fit the agenda or narrative

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are there lots of those people out there?

Aug 22, 2018, 12:23 PM

But JFK was a garbage president who is overrated because he got shot.

He also didn't have to deal with media at the level of modern presidents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's like I said before the last election....I pray to God

Aug 22, 2018, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Are there lots of those people out there? ]

that no child of mine is ever a candidate for high office, because it means they will have violated more ethical (if not legal) standards that I taught them over the years than I care to acknowledge. I can't picture a scenario where you could be the last man standing anymore and do it completely clean.

Future candidates aren't going to be the biggest boy scouts, they're going to be the ones with the best skeleton burying crews.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t necesssrily agree:

Aug 22, 2018, 1:21 PM

I think both Bushes, Reagan, Carter, Ford, and Obama were pretty clean. Now, Obama being in Chicago, he probably broke bread with a lot of characters on the fringe of bad ethics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As well as LBJ.***

Aug 22, 2018, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Are there lots of those people out there? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not just infidelity

Aug 22, 2018, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Are there lots of those people out there? ]

sexual harassment and rape among others. Those do constitute illegal conduct but it was, nonetheless, written off as "just sex."

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about perjury over lying about a blowie is uncovered

Aug 22, 2018, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Are there lots of those people out there? ]

from an investigation of a real estate deal? For the record I never thought Clinton should have been impeached, even over lying about a blowie. ####. He's married to Hillary. Got to give him a break on that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no it didnt

Aug 22, 2018, 12:22 PM [ in reply to no it didnt ]

I haven't seen any liberals who care about the affair.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no it didnt

Aug 22, 2018, 12:24 PM

bet they would if he did it with a confederate statue

Oh you liberals care deeply about it

Aug 22, 2018, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: no it didnt ]

Because the payoff could have been a campaign finance crime, so there's your in to go seize all of Trump's personal lawyers' records and then go fishing for some crime to use to extort trash on Trump.

Pfft. Libs cared a great deal about Trump's hooker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lulz. Mueller ain’t no liberal.***

Aug 22, 2018, 1:41 PM

Me personally, I don't care about his infidelity

Aug 22, 2018, 12:27 PM

but what entertains me to no end is the crowd that has promoted themselves as the religious morality police of the country unashamedly defending an adulterer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Some of us understand those who take public office are...

Aug 22, 2018, 1:29 PM

all POS who would sell their mothers to a french hoarhouse for a vote and a buck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not true.***

Aug 22, 2018, 1:42 PM

Trump has been a public figure for years.

Aug 22, 2018, 1:28 PM

I doubt many people didn't know his moral attitude when they voted for him. He's everything I figured he was. A loudmouth who can't handle any form of criticism even if it's constructive and listening would be of great benefit to him.

A real POS when it comes to being in a monogamous marriage and a brute when it comes to getting his way. I think all Trump supporters are glad he was elected because by most accounts he has kept his word on his promises.

I didn't vote for him but if he's running in 2020 and I'm alive I shall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 380
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic