Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
McShay thinks Beasley's 220 lbs. This is why I hate this guy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

McShay thinks Beasley's 220 lbs. This is why I hate this guy

Jan 9, 2015, 5:23 PM

“Beasley is much smaller, 6-2 220ish."
http://www.independentmail.com/orange-and-white/vic-beasley-a-hometown-falcons-fit

This is the kind of crap these draft analyst idiots spread in the pre-draft process in the media to knowingly or unknowingly create a negative vibe about a player. Vic played at 235 lbs. He's one of the more highly known prospects in the draft. How could he not accurately know a guy of Vic's accomplishments actual playing weight for the year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cut him some slack ESecPN on let's him watch our games VS the SEC***

Jan 9, 2015, 5:26 PM

What incentive does he have to say inaccurate stuff?

Jan 9, 2015, 5:28 PM

Unlike commentators who give opinion and can spin their SEC stuff this way to Sunday, McShay is paid to be very knowledgeable about these guys. Reporting bad stats just makes him look bad. Don't see why he would do that on purpose.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: McShay thinks Beasley's 220 lbs. This is why I hate this guy

Jan 9, 2015, 5:30 PM

Yeah I've seen the same thing on other mock drafts . I read scouts put him on the scale and was 220 but that was last December or January . Now that he is out of batson reach he will put some weight on. Just look at his lower body he will have no problem putting weight on . Think he will show up at the combine at 248-253 pounds

Cocklover***

Jan 9, 2015, 5:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Cocklover***

Jan 9, 2015, 5:37 PM

Somebody named The Clash calling somebody cocklover haha . Point out what I said that makes me a gamecock fan

Jan 9, 2015, 5:39 PM

McShay can be a doucher at times...and is ALWAYS wrong...Thats why I never read or pay attention to those ridiculous opinionated MOCK Drafts..they are ALWAYS wrong...

But on the flip side of that...Sadly enough, Vic is going to have to put on some more pounds if he is going to be playing DE in the NFL...There are Tackles in the league like Jake Matthews from the Falcons or Bryan Bulaga from Green Bay who stand at 6'5 340 pounds, easily....No doubt though that Vic will get it done

Message was edited by: jsebe10®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 9, 2015, 5:41 PM

Or maybe, just maybe--our coaches inflate the stats. McShay and others have said he weighed 220 in the spring. He weighed in before fall camp much higher but I think todd is saying that he lost weight during the season, couldnt keep it on.

At the combine the numbers will come out. He will probably be 6'2 and a half or something and hopefully close to 240 with his same speed. Dont assume an ESPN conspiracy or that McShay is flat out wrong unless you know for a fact (and don't trust coaches, its like a high school coach and every player they coach running a 4.4).

Jan 9, 2015, 5:43 PM

Sorry it was in the spring as said above . Here is a tweet also stating that

Daniel Jeremiah ? @MoveTheSticks
Follow
Yes…scouts weighed him at 220 in the spring RT @sgray1989: you think Beasley will have to move to olb?

Vic didn't look 220 in this picture a year and a half ago

Jan 9, 2015, 5:56 PM

At the big weigh-in, unless the scales Clemson uses are inaccurate he weighed 235. I saw the video with my own eyes. Vic generally seemed pretty honest when it came to his weight. When reporters would ask him what it was during the season he would always say 235.

Here's Vic at the big weigh-in on July 2013
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1251187

I saw the video of that one too. This image has not been altered. His upper body was literally thicker than G. Jarrett's.

Re: Vic didn't look 220 in this picture a year and a half ago

Jan 9, 2015, 6:01 PM

"His upper body was literally thicker than G. Jarrett's."
Look at his lower body

Jan 9, 2015, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: McShay thinks Beasley's 220 lbs. This is why I hate this guy ]

http://bustedcoverage.com/2014/05/06/mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-draft-prediction-disasters/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic