Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN makes hilarious video of Boulware "Suplex City"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN makes hilarious video of Boulware "Suplex City"

Nov 6, 2016, 9:35 AM

ESPN makes hilarious video of Boulware "Suplex City"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Boulware's aggression...

Nov 6, 2016, 10:55 AM

This might have been a little much.(but still awesome) Thought I was watching Brian Boswell for a moment. Lol!

i know, he should've just let him go

Nov 6, 2016, 11:38 AM

Boulware is so mean picking on these boys. Good thing they invented the 'tackling too hard" penalty to try and curb his behavior.

I blame the officials

Nov 6, 2016, 7:01 PM

The whistle didn't blow until he was in the air, it's too late at that point to put him down easy.

lol boswell***

Nov 6, 2016, 11:54 AM [ in reply to I love Boulware's aggression... ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love Boulware's aggression...

Nov 6, 2016, 12:54 PM [ in reply to I love Boulware's aggression... ]

Not sure how this is too much. He played to the whistle. The ref didn't blow his until Boulware was already about to drop him. The kid just got his feelings hurt in national TV and the ref felt bad for him.

Nov 6, 2016, 1:19 PM [ in reply to I love Boulware's aggression... ]

The jerks over on Looserville's are going crazy---they cannot believe he was not tossed. I don't really believe a flag should have been thrown---its football.

Dino came running looking for...

Nov 7, 2016, 6:04 AM [ in reply to I love Boulware's aggression... ]

The tag so he could come in and start wrasslin' Ben. Probably wanted to give Ben a DDT or sumpthin.

~JKB

Nov 7, 2016, 10:49 PM [ in reply to I love Boulware's aggression... ]

If he would have tackled that dude to hard, he wouldn't have almost beat Ben to his feet walking him down talking chit and acting like he wanted some more of Boulware. He was not tackled to hard, and the refs make up the rules and calls as they go along. The dude jumping up as fast as he did proves without a doubt that the tackle didn't hurt him in any way. So what was the flag really about, bc he saw that the player wasn't hurt like a to hard of a tackle would have rendered some kind of evidence of an injury in some way. I call a super load of bull sh!t on the refs call. Plus I didn't know there was rule against hurting another players pride and embarrassing them, and that is the only injury in that play!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: ESPN makes hilarious video of Boulware "Suplex City"

Nov 6, 2016, 10:59 AM

I want all our players to have his desire to win.

Go Tigers!!!

I'll say this...if you're fighting for that extra yard and

Nov 6, 2016, 11:10 AM

Boulware has you wrapped up, this will probably be in your head.

null

Totally clean tackle

Nov 6, 2016, 11:43 AM

It was still a live play until the whistle blew... which was after action of the throw down. Great play by Boulware!

Re: Totally clean tackle

Nov 6, 2016, 1:51 PM

Not clean at all. It is illegal to pick somebody up and slam them. It is called a rule and he broke it. Stupid play and good call. I love him but we gotta know the rules.

Nov 6, 2016, 2:28 PM

Illegal? Ok.show the rule and I will stand corrected. I have watched the NFL for over 40 years and I can tell you I have seen receivers body slammed, suplexed, pile driven, and used as a hockey puck. No whistle blown. Mr. Madden used to have a term for it....slobberknockered
Of course, as we become a more politically correct society, and don't want to see our widdle babies get howwt, maybe we should just change it all to flag football.

Nov 6, 2016, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Totally clean tackle ]

Cite the rule you're referring to, please.

For the record - I don't think there is one.

What rule is this?***

Nov 6, 2016, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Totally clean tackle ]

still waiting on you to come up with that rule. Watch the play.

Nov 7, 2016, 12:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Totally clean tackle ]

Clearly whistle didn't blow til the tackle was almost complete. Never heard of a rule that you can't pick up a player when tackling, go ahead and find that one for me. Tia

Nov 7, 2016, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Totally clean tackle ]

I'd like to see that rule. Not saying it doesn't exist, but I've never seen it written anywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2016, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Totally clean tackle ]

I bet you were getting you A$S kicked a lot coming up wasn't you. Can tell it in your words that you felt the guy needed someone to take up for him, like no one ever done with you;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have found to reports so far that say that it is not

Nov 10, 2016, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Totally clean tackle ]

illegal. You have said it twice and have yet to show any rule whatsoever.

The Clemson linebacker received a penalty for doing a “suplex” tackle against Syracuse on Saturday (video here). There is no specific rule against such a tackle, but officials frown upon it and gave Boulware a penalty. All Clemson was told was the tackle was too hard.

We shoulda been awarded 2 points for the takedown.***

Nov 6, 2016, 12:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Nov 6, 2016, 1:34 PM

I don't care for "Howdy Doody" (Greg McElroy) but he was right on that one. Forward progress was stopped and it was unnecessary roughness. He would be fined in the NFL for those antics. Attack me if you must but quit looking at it with orange-coated glasses. If one of their players had tacked Watson the same way, would you have been going bananas? If you say no, then you'd be lying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2016, 1:51 PM

Tell em! Prob get called a coot but it was illegal

Nov 6, 2016, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN makes hilarious video of Boulware "Suplex City" ]

Ok I will attack you, and provide visual evidence why you are wrong. Picture was taken when the whistle blew. If forward progress had been stopped the whistle would have been blown BEFORE Boulware wrapped up and "suflexed". The kid would not go down, that's not Ben's fault, it is the referee's fault if anyones for waiting so long to blow the whistle. And the ref's response? He tackled him too hard??? ###?

So, using your logic, should Ben have let the guy go? The whistle had not blown. Guy would have scored. Or maybe Ben should have reversed his tackle in mid air? Both options sound silly, eh? Point proven.

Play until the whistle...

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Nov 6, 2016, 2:06 PM

Has nothing to do with before or after the whistle. It is illegal to pick a player up and slam them. I have seen it called before.

You are wrong.

Nov 10, 2016, 9:18 PM

There is no such penalty. The refs were wrong.

Nov 7, 2016, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN makes hilarious video of Boulware "Suplex City" ]

To your point, I remember a time in the Orange Bowl against WVU where we had the guy stopped, we let him go, and he ran 98 yds for a TD. The whistle should have been blown then, too, but it wasn't (just like Saturday).

Watson? Probably, since he's the QB

Nov 6, 2016, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN makes hilarious video of Boulware "Suplex City" ]

Mike WIlliams or Tay? Not if the whistle hadn't gone off

Clemson

Re: Watson? Probably, since he's the QB

Nov 6, 2016, 2:02 PM

Exactly

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Nov 6, 2016, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN makes hilarious video of Boulware "Suplex City" ]

First of all..it's football. If you dont want your bell rung, dont play. Btw, the receiver was fine. He probably should have gotten a flag for taunting
Is there a penalty for "too much roughness"? No. He wasn't defenseless. There was no cheap shot. He was tackled.plain and simple.
If the receiver had broken free, it would have been a touchdown. There was NO whistle until he was in the air.
If Deshaun had been in that position, I would have been screaming and holding my breath all at the same time. But I would not have cried like a little baby about it. It is football.
Too many pansies and possies out there trying to ruin the game.if you don't want to get hurt, don't play

Nov 7, 2016, 12:06 PM

Yep!

Hello from Ron Cherry...

Nov 6, 2016, 2:10 PM

Ben "Givin Him Da Business"... :)

Re: Hello from Ron Cherry...

Nov 6, 2016, 2:27 PM

Man i will forever like ron cherry because of that call. "Personal foul, number 88(i think), he was giving him the buisness". Haha

Re: Hello from Ron Cherry...

Nov 6, 2016, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Hello from Ron Cherry... ]

I remember that call. Too funny.

Also, reminded me of the "excessive blocking" flag from blindside

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2016, 2:39 PM

Note to other players that are trying to get that extra yard and Boulware has you - just go down as quickly as you can. You're gonna get hurt.

McElroys comments: what a pvss

Nov 6, 2016, 4:04 PM

Whistle did not happen until Ben was shaped like a small letter, n. If forward progress had been truly stopped that whistle should have been sooner. Insidious misinformation campaign, McElroy.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: McElroys comments: what a pvss

Nov 6, 2016, 5:23 PM

Yes, definitely the whistle wasn't blown until the downward motion of the suplex. Prior to that the officials did not blow the whistle while the RB was in the grasp, still churning his legs trying to break free. This was not only a legal play, and should not have been flagged, it was wimpish on the officials.

Nov 7, 2016, 11:59 AM

This one was on the officials. If they wanted the play to stop, then they should have blown the whistle sooner, and it would have stopped (and I do think they should have blown the play dead sooner, but they didn't, and their player didn't seem to submit).

Best. GIF. Ever.***

Nov 7, 2016, 12:23 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic