Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
McDaniels, Filer, and Hall are going
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,411

McDaniels, Filer, and Hall are going

Jan 16, 2013, 9:29 AM

to be a great nucleus to build a team around over the next couple of years. I can't believe how young this Clemson BB team is (14 players, 12 of which are freshman or sophomores) but they seem like they're beginning to forge an identity. It may not show in the win/loss column at the end of this year, but Brownell is doing some great things right now with this team. I just wish the "fans" there gave a #### about it. A half empty Littlejohn for an ACC game looked pathetic on TV last night. I understand that there are going to be some empty seats during the pre-ACC schedule, but the entire upper arena was empty last night. That's sad, and it's probably going to cost us another excellent coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: McDaniels, Filer, and Hall are going

Jan 16, 2013, 9:31 AM

KJ McDaniels is a special player. I've heard people saying that if he stays 4 years and works on his jumper and polishes the rest of his game he will play in the NBA. If he was like 6'9" and a true PF ESPN would be projecting him as like a first rounder RIGHT NOW. He's an amazing defender and his ability to block shots and run the floor is fun to watch as a fan.

Jan 16, 2013, 9:35 AM

yeah the crowd disappointed me. I thought it would fill in later and it didnt. need to let students or staff fill in behinfd our bench if people dont show. the empties there were embarrassing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fans will come as the product improves.***

Jan 16, 2013, 9:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Season ticket prices were too high for me.***

Jan 16, 2013, 10:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 16, 2013, 10:52 AM

I disagree about hall. His ball handling skills for a PG are not impressive at all. With the addition of the BE teams we have to really step up the recruiting in basketball or we are going to be really hurting. McDaniels seems pretty good, but the others are pretty average.

Re We have definitely got to improve. We have some good

Jan 16, 2013, 10:57 AM

athletes but not good all around basketball players.

Rod hall is 5th in the ACC in Assist/TO ratio

Jan 16, 2013, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: McDaniels, Filer, and Hall are going ]

please know what the hell you are talking about before you criticize someone

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Rod hall is 5th in the ACC in Assist/TO ratio

Jan 16, 2013, 4:03 PM

He's also 200th in assists per game...

guess he doesn't have many TOs***

Jan 16, 2013, 4:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: guess he doesn't have many TOs***

Jan 16, 2013, 5:56 PM

I guess not...as I said he's pretty average. He doesn't do a whole lot in assists or scoring. Watching the Wake Forest game you could see that he wasn't a great ball handler. He had 4 turnovers, but also a bunch of botches that could have been turnovers (if we weren't playing Wake Forest).

These guys are OK, but with Louisville, Syracuse, Notre Dame, and Pitt joining the league that already has Duke and UNC we are giong to have to be really good just to be in the top half of the league. McDaniels asside, I don't see it with the players we are bringing in.

we got him as a 2 gaurd, he's playing the point out of need.

Jan 16, 2013, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Re: McDaniels, Filer, and Hall are going ]

to me, that is an unselfish ballplayer. he is doing a decent job,imo, and he is getting better by the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is different now? I can remember the days when

Jan 16, 2013, 11:12 AM

LJ was packed out for conference games. I see 2 differences.

1. The ACC was THE premier basketball league, or at least still carried the mystique that came from being the best for many years. The league seemed better from top to bottom.

2. It seemed that we had more of a chance at actually beating one of the highly ranked big boys (UNC/Dook/UVA/GT/NCST/WF). The cumulative effect of years of coming up short is taking its toll.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Well now let's not blame the fans

Jan 16, 2013, 11:16 AM

not showing up. Here we go again.

I assure you, when the team puts a good, competitive product out there, the fans will come on out. It's that way at all times all sports, all places.

Jan 16, 2013, 4:17 PM

Filer and Hall really stepped it up last night. Still wish Hall would play CB for the football team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went to the UVA game on Saturday. Bought tickets for

Jan 16, 2013, 4:18 PM

the lower bowl for $10 each outside. (I live 3 hours away, by the way.)

I felt bad for BB. With about 5 minutes to go, with The Tigers in position to almost put the Cavs away with a defensive stop, BB and one of his coaches started waving for the fans to stand up and yell.

Nothing.

He finally turned around to the people right behind the bench and yelled for them to stand up and yell. They finally did, which got some of the smallish crowd on their feet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2013, 4:23 PM

sure agree.. add Roper to that list also.. he can SHOOT

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2013, 6:48 PM

Don't forget Blossomgame and Coleman are big-time players sitting out with injury this year.

We're going to need to recruit some big men, but we have a great nucleus of guards and small forwards heading into the future.

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,411
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic