Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson ticket sales update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson ticket sales update

Dec 16, 2011, 3:33 PM

Clemson ticket sales update

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Clemson ticket sales update- Good

Dec 16, 2011, 3:48 PM

looks like they donate some to military families in the area

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2011, 4:24 PM

Glad to see the Ticket Office is going to donate them to Military families. Give them some orange pom poms or tiger rags, maybe we'll pick up some new Tiger fans.

Dec 16, 2011, 5:31 PM

And some recruits from those families....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$75 dollars for an upper deck endzone ticket...I think this

Dec 16, 2011, 3:49 PM

mystery has been solved...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Clemson ticket sales update

Dec 16, 2011, 3:49 PM

Thanks ABC/SECSPN Thanks a lot.

Dec 16, 2011, 3:50 PM

So.....we have almost sold 9,000 of our allotment with almost a month to go before the game.

Exactly what am I missing here? It isn't that bad.

Less than 3 weeks to go, and the seats that are left suck!***

Dec 16, 2011, 3:54 PM

Re: Less than 3 weeks to go, and the seats that are left suck!***

Dec 16, 2011, 5:36 PM

A long with the price. I'm all for donating to our men and women that risk their lives for our country. But, they could also lower the price for those SH!TTY tickets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe...that it's closer to 2 weeks to gametime than 1 month***

Dec 16, 2011, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson ticket sales update ]

Re: Maybe...that it's closer to 2 weeks to gametime than 1 month***

Dec 16, 2011, 3:56 PM

Ok. 2 weeks. The ACC Championship didn't sell out until less than 1 week.

The ACCCG was in Charlotte though. This is in Miami, lol***

Dec 17, 2011, 4:23 AM

Dec 16, 2011, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson ticket sales update ]

The big catch, is that the school can't discount their price. Brokers do discount them. The tickets are available for half face on reputable web sites. I have 4 that were bought through the university. The others that are going are going with us have picked up better seats for a lot less bucks.

I understand the dynamics, but Clemson and WVU should be allowed to sell at market rate, even if that meant we had to pay the difference to the OB. That would allow the school to mitigate the impact of the shortfall.

Dec 16, 2011, 5:42 PM

Agree! The two schools didn't set that sorry A$$ date and time for the game. The group that set this BS time and date, should have to eat most of that cost. After all, the date and time was set to appease the TV turds anyway....

yep..what esso2 said.***

Dec 17, 2011, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson ticket sales update ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Dec 18, 2011, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson ticket sales update ]

Agree...

GO Tigers!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or, Clemson

Dec 16, 2011, 4:01 PM

could put lower the prices for upper deck tickets so they'd would be worth buying.

They are going to half to eat money either way, lowering the price might lessen the blow.

Re: Or, Clemson

Dec 16, 2011, 4:04 PM

Clemsn is not allowed to lower the prices. That is the issue.

Dec 16, 2011, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Or, Clemson ]

How could Clemson lower the prices now? What about the 8500 that already bought? No can do. I'm going down to the local recruiting office and enlisting. Then I'm sending in my ticket Ap.

Dec 16, 2011, 5:23 PM

Uhmmm... that's supply and demand works ... that's how! Too bad if someone overpaid!

Stubhub says:

Dec 16, 2011, 4:04 PM

did the big IPTAY donors buy their 6?

Dec 16, 2011, 4:14 PM

or do they get 6 for ACC champ game and 12 for Bowl games?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: did the big IPTAY donors buy their 6?

Dec 16, 2011, 4:16 PM

Yep, got my 6 tickets through IPYAT

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so they didnt up it to 12?***

Dec 16, 2011, 4:20 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Welcome to the wonderful world of ....

Dec 16, 2011, 4:15 PM

TV ruining college football. Remember when New Years Day was such a great day for college football? Now because of TV, games are spread out over a week past New Years. Thank goodness BCS pays well, we will need it to buy remaining tickets.

Dec 16, 2011, 4:30 PM

Miami Herald is reporting that there has been a rush of Cuban national enlistees @ local military recruitment offices carrying banners saying "Ir Tigres" with a tiny disclosure @ the bottom Tank U Cleemson

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2011, 4:49 PM

Here is another reason our ticket sales are so low through IPTAY. If I am a Clemson fan, I am looking to get a ticket through non-Clemson channels based on previous allotment of tickets. Not saying it is wrong, but those of us that don't have 190+ points get tired of being told our requests can't be filled. It makes you look to other avenues to get tickets that are usually better seats.

I paid $300 for 2...

Dec 16, 2011, 5:54 PM

Club Level tickets to the ACC CG,Have been an Iptay donor for many years and my seats were in the End Zone.Don't think I'll do that again.

Dec 17, 2011, 8:39 AM

What # of tickets do the Tigers have to sell to qualify for the ACC to pay the balance, I have seen somewhere on the net the # was 9,000. Can someone find & post the accrual agreement between the ACC & Clemson on Orange Bowl ticket sales. People being misinformed or not informed only hurts Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the ticket office were being honest, in addition to the

Dec 17, 2011, 8:44 AM

timing of the game, they'd also say, "We also think people aren't buying tickets because Dabo alienated a lot of fans with his rhetoric." Like it or not, Dabo is partly responsible for the poor ticket sales.

LOL....keep on reaching.***

Dec 17, 2011, 9:11 AM

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

You disagree? You need to talk to some of the folks I'm

Dec 17, 2011, 9:18 AM

talking to, then. You'd see that a large part of their decision not to go is based on Dabo's words, which were basically that all the fans could take a hike.

No, the only ones that were affected by his statements are

Dec 17, 2011, 12:33 PM

the idiots like you. I didn't even give his comments a second thought as I wasn't even close to his target.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: No, the only ones that were affected by his statements are

Dec 18, 2011, 12:07 AM

I agree...the ones insulted know who they are.

Go Tigers!!!

Uh-huh. I totally believe that***

Dec 18, 2011, 12:16 AM [ in reply to You disagree? You need to talk to some of the folks I'm ]

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

That's odd....

Dec 18, 2011, 12:15 AM [ in reply to If the ticket office were being honest, in addition to the ]

you were all for Dabo when he made the statements...

TigerPulse Data
Votes: 130
TigerPulse: 21%

Thank you, Dabo! Thank you for doing something that no [2]
Posted: Dec 5, 2011 9:13 PM Reply

coach has been able to do since Danny. You were right to call out the quitters, but now it's time to unite, not divide. Extend the olive branch to the quitters, so we can bring them back into the fold and redouble our strengths.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=1055777&messageID=11597863#11597863

Are you going to the Orange bowl?

^^^ Gold-plated idiocy ^^^***

Dec 18, 2011, 12:15 AM [ in reply to If the ticket office were being honest, in addition to the ]

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

I still believe Clemson will wind up selling...

Dec 17, 2011, 9:09 AM

10,000 - 11,000 tickets, while, perhaps, another 3000 - 5000 will have purchased them from other outlets. I like the idea of donating a certain amount to the military, of course, but I, also, think a certain amount should be offered to the student body even though I realize some students have already purchased and there would arise questions about fairness. To me the objective is to have the Orange in force at the OB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There will be 25k+ Clemson fans in the stands.

Dec 17, 2011, 9:13 AM

Many are buying better tix and better prices from the secondary outlets. The days of caring about what our fans buy from the Clemson allotment are over. These games being mid week and not during a holiday travel time has made how schools support it a mute point.

Kids are back in school, folks have already taken a good bit of vacation - it's tough to get to (economy isn't as much a factor imo, there were bad economies before and folks traveled...the date has much more to do w/ it).

I may go, but it will be a last minute decision, and will just be me - and I guarantee you I'll have a great seat at a big discount.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

A good friend of mine said the same thing...I hope we

Dec 17, 2011, 9:42 AM

have that many, and you are right, there will be a lot of folks buying tickets at the last moment after working out schedules, etc.

Dec 17, 2011, 12:09 PM

We got 6 tickets for 45 a piece off stubhub. As a student, it doesn't make sense to pay $30 more dollars for worse seats. That cash alone will pay for our car getting down there.

Dec 17, 2011, 2:53 PM

We bought 8 from the orange bowl website after ACC CG for $55.00 each

sorry Clemson gets stuck with the bad seats

Dec 17, 2011, 2:56 PM

but I couldn't pass up club level seats for nearly the same price iptay is selling upper deck seats.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic