Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jack seems to coach so much better when....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Jack seems to coach so much better when....

Mar 21, 2015, 9:52 PM

....there are no errors....amazing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you implying that fielding has no relationship to

Mar 21, 2015, 10:43 PM

coaching?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Are you implying that fielding has no relationship to

Mar 22, 2015, 9:56 AM

I am implying that when these players were offered scholarships to Clemson and / or other schools it was because they could field without making an abundance of errors.

Re: Are you implying that fielding has no relationship to

Mar 22, 2015, 10:02 AM

what people dont realize is with travel ball these days all people are working on and looking for are people that can hit. fundamentals are hardly ever worked on. errors are up all over. check the coot stats. much like basketball, fundamentals be ######. travel ball is killing every sport and the sooner people realize it the better every game will be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe where you are

Mar 22, 2015, 1:26 PM

but having gone to watch my Godson play a bunch of travel ball games over the past two years and having coached travel ball myself previously my experience is the opposite. In fact last summer my Godson's team was what Clemson is supposed to be, a small ball team, because they didn't have the power hitters they usually have.

Are there travel teams built like you say? Yes, and typically they don't bring home a whole lot of hardware and typically don't last long.

Great comparison between baseball and basketball.

Mar 23, 2015, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you implying that fielding has no relationship to ]

AAU basketball usually finds one superstar, and run picks/screens for him the entire game. Then letting him take the vast majority of shots. They don't learn the art of passing, much less team play when they get to the level; be it collegiate or NBA; where everyone was the superstar on their respective AAU team.

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jack seems to coach so much better when....

Mar 22, 2015, 9:58 AM

LOL we have a Jack groupie.

Mar 22, 2015, 10:03 AM

what do you call your group

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2015, 11:08 AM

I am not sure what the 'Jack groupie' relates to...I have voiced concerns about aspects of the game.

isn't the coach responsible for teaching fielding?

Mar 22, 2015, 2:05 PM

And base running?

Re: isn't the coach responsible for teaching fielding?

Mar 23, 2015, 8:37 AM

Tis true

Mar 23, 2015, 8:43 AM [ in reply to isn't the coach responsible for teaching fielding? ]

Yes but they should have been taught how to run the bases in little league. AAU has killed baseball just like basketball

Mar 23, 2015, 4:54 PM

I disagree...to me basketball is as fun to watch on the college level as ever before. The game evolves, no more chest passes and 4 corners. I feel the same about baseball...you look at what these young guys are doing today as compared to 10 years ago and it is amazing. I am sure the dyed in the wool high school baseball coaches do not like it much, but playing against the best competition in the country, and not the best in your zip code, pays off.

Mar 24, 2015, 9:21 AM

If you like watching a game where the players can't shoot and the rules are not called then have at it

We win?***

Mar 23, 2015, 5:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We win?***

Mar 23, 2015, 7:26 PM

:)

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic