Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Tougher Test
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Tougher Test

Sep 10, 2015, 8:19 AM

Tougher Test

Tougher Test
When the schedule came out this year, I heard a few friends, fans and listeners of my radio show lump Wofford and Appalachian State together as if they were the same.

I can understand why some would feel this way. Yes, they were both in the Southern Conference a couple of y

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My first thought and quick fix before reading this is,

Sep 10, 2015, 8:23 AM

keep DW in the game for two more minutes a quarter and call two more deep passes to Peake in each half.

Now I'll go read it to see if I made a good call.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

App State is not better than Boston College ...

Sep 10, 2015, 8:33 AM

lol just lol, at Mackey.

Well this week

Sep 10, 2015, 8:35 AM

"Clemson will beat Appalachian State this week, but heading into the game, this is a completely different test this week."

So this week we football App State this week which is a different game this week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: So what you're saying is BC can win the Sun Belt

Sep 10, 2015, 8:35 AM [ in reply to App State is not better than Boston College ... ]

just l out loud

Re: App State is not better than Boston College ...

Sep 10, 2015, 8:49 AM [ in reply to App State is not better than Boston College ... ]

This is my opinion and it is shared by some close to the program. I just looked it up and BC is ranked 63rd by CBS Sports while APP ST is 66th. That is not laughable. Phil Steele has App State at 45th and BC not in the top 50. I am not alone in thinking APP St is better than BC.
Mackey

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you Mickey.***

Sep 10, 2015, 8:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

^^ Mackey Ballwasher ^^

Sep 10, 2015, 12:40 PM

We got us a ballwasher, here.

drop kick that junger mackey, maybe you two can

Sep 10, 2015, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: App State is not better than Boston College ... ]

meat up gaffney way?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe they can find some common ground by

Sep 10, 2015, 9:41 AM

putting their heads together.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

groce. i hope they don't put that on a teeshirt.***

Sep 10, 2015, 9:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nobody knows we put our heads together***

Sep 10, 2015, 9:49 AM

Sorry I'm late, I just heard the good news about putting

Sep 10, 2015, 2:53 PM

our heads together.

I'm really excited.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

When you say "some close to the program" I truly hope you

Sep 10, 2015, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: App State is not better than Boston College ... ]

don't mean any of our coaches. Because if so, I am concerned that they don't meet the basic college football knowledge to be coaches at this level. Over the summer Phil Steele had VT ranked ahead of Clemson. As of right now, he has UVA ahead of Clemson in the ACC Power Rankings. To rely on anything he says seems stupid.

As for CBS Sports, 63 is better than 66. If BC played App St, BC would win by at least 10 pts.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

And my opinion is that your opinion is

Sep 10, 2015, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: App State is not better than Boston College ... ]

par for the course.

Good day, sir!

I laughed out loud, really.

Sep 10, 2015, 8:52 AM [ in reply to App State is not better than Boston College ... ]

The two of you arguing over Apps Tate and BC about which team has the best football is priceless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what about the 10s of hundreds of BC fans...

Sep 10, 2015, 9:04 AM

they might care and maybe you should too?

But this game is at Clemson.

Sep 10, 2015, 9:14 AM

BC can't bring their dome to Clemson, it's too big to fit into our tiny venue.

the lack of humility before nature that's diplayed here

Sep 10, 2015, 9:18 AM

staggers me.

I usually ignore physics and geometry while...

Sep 10, 2015, 11:21 AM

sunshine pumping, but:

Don't pay attention to him Mickey, he's just looking to

Sep 10, 2015, 9:40 AM [ in reply to App State is not better than Boston College ... ]

start a fight.

The following is a list of reasons why I think Clemson will beat App State.

The name "Clemson" starts with a "C."

I graduate from Clemson in the early 2000's.

Like many other teams, Clemson plays with 11 men (Not women) on the field at all times. This is traditionally how the sport is played.

The sky is blue, not green, as some have speculated.

George Washington was our first president

Look left then right, then left again, when crossing the street

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: App State is not better than Boston College ...

Sep 10, 2015, 10:02 AM [ in reply to App State is not better than Boston College ... ]

> lol just lol, at Mackey.

I'm delighted to think you can "laugh out loud" at Mickey Plyler, who has been a part of the Clemson community since time out of mind and a part of this board since before any of us...when I joined in 2002, he was literally one of the few advocates for Clemson anywhere, in any form of media.

Courtesy, guy. Save the juvie mean-tweet posts for somebody who doesn't warrant your respect, or turn in your orange shirt...if you actually have one. Especially when he's right.

BC is not a strong football team this year. They lost their transfer QB, Tyler Murphy, and their entire OL - like, all five starters, all of whom were graduate students - and they had absolutely zero playmakers on the perimeter. When the strength of their team was their ability to run the football and those experienced monsters they had up front, that's a huge, huge loss.

App State, on the other hand, has some game. Like Mickey, I'd take money they'd beat BC - or Wake - straight up and they're probably going to win the Sun Belt this year.

His name is "Mickey", by the way.

it's delightful watching you try to tell others how you feel

Sep 10, 2015, 10:08 AM

they should act.

Re: it's delightful watching you try to tell others how you feel

Sep 10, 2015, 11:04 AM

> they should act.

My logo is the wagging tongue from Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy...read it sometime. Douglas Adams wrote it after an inspiration he had while lying drunk in a cornfield back when. Adherence to polite society and restraint are just not My Thing.

But even though I've lived my life with both middle fingers pretty much permanently extended, I just don't see the point in lighting up Mickey Plyler, who is, was, and always has been good people. I'd hate it - a lot - if he stopped posting here because swarms of snarky Millennials - who all in all, seem to be collectively angling for the Most Hated Generation since Hitler Youth - made life unbearable for him.

When even I consider something crass, you're probably being a pretty stupendous jerk. Just saying.

when you consider something crass i find you delightful...

Sep 10, 2015, 11:19 AM

i know your logo, i know the book & i know yours would not remotely be an opinion i'd value or share after telling folks to turn in their orange because they might exceed quozzel's personal threshold for being an ahole.

i'm not sure how serious any of them are in any event.

If Mackey stopped posting because "millenials" hurt his

Sep 10, 2015, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: it's delightful watching you try to tell others how you feel ]

feelings, then that's on him. Furthermore, if Mackey stopped posting because he published a blog with a statement about how App is better than BC, and some people disagreed with it, then he should find a new profession where his thin skin fits in a little better.

However, according to his response, I'm thinking he's not the fragile little boy your post would seem to point towards.

Ok, good talk. Ready...break.

Re: Social media today isn't what it was in the early 2000s

Sep 10, 2015, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: App State is not better than Boston College ... ]

today you can say mean things about anyone anywhere at anytime. he doesn't have to save his mean-tweets for someone that doesn't deserve his respect. He can disrespect dippin dots and there's nothing we can do about it but gasp and RA his post.

Hay quizell, seems like

Sep 10, 2015, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: App State is not better than Boston College ... ]

"juvie mean-tweet posts" and "turn in your orange shirt...if you actually have one" are quite the ironic phrases to follow one another.

Re: Hay quizell, seems like

Sep 10, 2015, 10:27 AM

Mackey, serious question:

Sep 10, 2015, 8:54 AM

Do you honestly believed that App St would do better than 1-3 if they played a 4 game set v Wofford, BC, Wake, and Syracuse?

Wanna know how spreads work? It's to entice 50/50 betting, which is the ideal action on any game for bookies. The perceptions of Wofford and App St by bettors are different and rightfully so.

Much driving the difference in perception are a)App St's win at Michigan-the betting community remembers this well and b)App St is much better on paper with all the returning starters and pre-season predictions to win their conference.

Stop fooling yourself. Clemson will win by 30+ and we will see 20-40 minutes of garbage time after the game is in-hand. App St could beat Wofford, MAY have an outside chance against Wake if played in Boone, and would have 0 chance v BC or Syracuse.

Re: Mackey, serious question:

Sep 10, 2015, 1:34 PM

Syracuse lost their QB, I will give the edge to Wake in their game this week.
I do not think AppState will beat BC 1 out of 4 games. BC has talent and is well coached.
Jury is still out on Syracuse....

Re: Plyler's Blog: Tougher Test

Sep 10, 2015, 9:12 AM

They have won 7 games in a row but the sun belt is not the ACC. If App st was in the ACC they might win 1 game.

Re: 3 accroding to Mackey***

Sep 10, 2015, 9:17 AM

Using Mackie's guide (cbssports rankings), App St would also

Sep 10, 2015, 9:48 AM

beat the following teams "ranked" below them:

Texas Tech
Virginia
Washington
Oregon St
SMU
Colorado
South Florida
Washington St

And possibly Kentucky and Maryland, who are ranked just above them.

Looks like we will see 12-0 App St (unless Clemson can find a way to beat them) in the CFB playoffs.

I don't care how many starters App St returns

Sep 10, 2015, 10:13 AM

The talent gap is still HUGE. The only reason we won't steamroll them is Dabo getting the 2nd and 3rd teams some quality PT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Agreed....

Sep 10, 2015, 10:22 AM

It has never been Dabo's style to run-it-up on an inferior opponent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They are bringing 20 Saturday...

Sep 10, 2015, 11:23 AM [ in reply to I don't care how many starters App St returns ]

some folks are talking as if all twenty will play at once.

Plyler is an idiot. App St better than Wake, BC and Cuse LOL

Sep 10, 2015, 10:29 AM

App St is coming for an #### whooping and a paycheck. There is no test. If we can not destroy App St then we don't deserve to be in a bowl this year and don't deserve a top 25 rating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The loss of fan focus is why we don't have nice things!***

Sep 10, 2015, 11:24 AM

Re: I think App St. would beat Cuse...BC and Wake? No. But

Sep 10, 2015, 11:44 AM

I say this only because 'Cuse lost Terrel Hunt for the season to injury.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic