Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The 2016 Schedule: Friday, Thursday and more
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: The 2016 Schedule: Friday, Thursday and more

Jan 26, 2016, 9:33 PM

The 2016 Schedule: Friday, Thursday and more

The Atlantic Coast Conference released the 2016 football schedule Tuesday afternoon, and while many fans will look at the Florida St. game or the opener at Auburn, it’s a four-game stretch starting in September that caught my attention.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The 2016 Schedule: Friday, Thursday and more

Jan 26, 2016, 10:22 PM

I don't like playing on a Friday night but other than that I like the schedule. That gt on Thursday night and fsu game will be tough but I see Tampa in our future with this offense!! Go Tigers!!!!

Jan 27, 2016, 12:48 AM

Not crazy about a Thursday and Friday game, feel that needs to go away. Those nights should be AAC and Mountain West games. If you want to say your conference is big ti e, you play on Saturday. Looking at you Swoffie! But yeah, the schedule looks decent overall by the way it is laid out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a #### person has noted this. But I did..

Jan 26, 2016, 11:36 PM

6 games in the first 34 days
Last six happen over the last 59 days.

ACC has set us up to fail, counting on injuries to exacerbate...

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Not a #### person has noted this. But I did..

Jan 27, 2016, 12:40 AM

Actually it's a great schedule. SC State before GA Tech so starters can work on option and rest. Open date before FSU. Wake before USC, Syracuse before Pitt. Early game wit BC so we can travel back and be ready for NC State. Also extra days for Louisville. Not sure what else we could ask for. Spot the ball and let's play! Go Tigers!

Jan 27, 2016, 12:46 PM

I agree. Couldn't ask for much more. We knew this year's schedule would be tough after getting all of our hard games at home last year. No problem though. We are champions. Spot the ball. We can beat them all.

Jan 27, 2016, 12:44 AM [ in reply to Not a #### person has noted this. But I did.. ]

I disagree. 2 of those first 6 games are Troy and SC State. The short week against GT is the toughest spot the ACC set up and it's a short week following 2 cupcake games so in effect they should be ready for it and 1st team well rested. Having the bye before FSU is perfect and actually in the middle of the season which is even better. Last years early bye really took a toll on our defense from the looks of the late season games. I actually like this schedule more than last year as far as when we match up with ACC teams. A nice schedule to have a run at repeating last years run. Go TIGERS!

Maybe the most perfect schedule of all time.***

Jan 26, 2016, 11:46 PM

nm

Jan 27, 2016, 1:49 AM

I really think that Clemson can win those away games, especially at Florida State. This year will be a high offensive scoring year, Deshaun's already mentioned it. With that being said, The schedule looks tough ( Georgia Tech ?) but I think with a good defensive set up by Venables, we'll be all set. He hasn't failed us yet. Superior Offense, Re-built/Re-loaded defense. Keeping Deshaun Healthy & protected when He needs it - I think The Tigers can take it back to Championship this year. He's already shown we He can do against a pro-style defense. Knowing spread up tempo offense is his wheel house and it prepares Venables for conference foes that use a mobile quarterback ( NC ). Having a Watson #4 Healthy, and we'll be set.

Friday night game

Jan 27, 2016, 10:50 AM

I hate those, years ago the ACC said they would not play on Friday nights because that is when the HS play ball - at least in the South, I know some friends in NJ whose games are on Saturday mornings- I guess ESPN money came calling and they caved on the games. A Friday night Clemson game ranks right up there with watching the NFL play in London.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Friday night game

Jan 29, 2016, 10:44 AM

Right!? Saturday is college football day. Stop trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

###?!?!?!

Jan 27, 2016, 3:02 PM

Why on earth are we playing on Friday night? Enough of the non-Saturday games. ENOUGH!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2016, 8:28 PM

I am totally against Friday night games. Friday nights are for HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. What's next? Is ESPN going to come up and say, let's play on Monday and you don't have a choice. Play, or we don't give you money. Thursday is bad enough, but Friday is not right. GO TIGERS!!!

Jan 29, 2016, 2:57 PM

One game at a time...Beat Auburn...Go Tigers!!!!!!! All you defensive guys we need you to step it up and practice as if you are playing for your life...Go Tigers. BE the team. Believe and Execute!!!!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!

It's a simple minded person who can ONLY

Jan 29, 2016, 5:44 PM

take one game at a time! ??

Besides, the issue is BS NON Saturday college football games!

....and ef the NFL! Per DHood's source's 'logic', once they discover 'how swell' Friday night games are, they're gonna start scheduling NFL games on Friday, too!

And while they're at it, why don't they start scheduling a 'businessman's special' game on Wednesdays at noon - ala MLB - now there's ANOTHER 'new and innovative idea'!!!!!

patooey!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic