Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Steve Spurrier, in his response to Dabo's did, could not
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Steve Spurrier, in his response to Dabo's did, could not

Jan 9, 2014, 11:41 PM

have painted a clearer picture of South Carolina's football destiny. He said, "we can't get to a BCS bowl because we're in the SEC". That is the absolute truth. Now think about that. He is saying that while Scar is at its peak. It is true they can't get to a BCS bowl because they are in the SEC and it will remain true as they come down from their peak. It simply won't matter as much once Scar is back to 6-6 to 8-4 and running behind Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and Missouri in the SEC East, let alone Bama, LSU and Auburn.

Another Scar fan came on here and said that he guessed by Dabo's remark that Clemson was no longer counting the 1981 Orange Bowl. No, Dabo simply said we're the first team from South CArolina to win a BCS game. And the fact that we have played in what were previously known as the majors such as Sugar, Cotton, Orange Bowl (five times) is still fact.

Spurrier reminded everyone that we have been to multiple Orange Bowls and he admitted to everyone that Scar will never go to a BCS level bowl due to being a member of the SEC. Small fish, big pond.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

-

Jan 10, 2014, 6:19 AM

But he keeps on beating Clemson.

And that is ALL he has so far ... except his liquor bottle***

Jan 10, 2014, 6:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I honestly believe that our Orange Bowl Win

Jan 10, 2014, 9:00 AM [ in reply to - ]

versus your Rivalry streak helps us recruit more than your streak helps you and the fact that your coach publicly admitted "we can't get there" didn't help you out any.

Be glad you have your little streak, that will end someday. Our trophy will stay in the case forever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Yep, hope Dabo uses that in instate recruiting and tells

Jan 10, 2014, 3:20 PM

these kids that Slurrier clearly believes they've achieved about as much as they are ever going to. Wonder if that'd sway a few our way...

AND at a time when UGA, UF and UT have been as bad as

Jan 10, 2014, 6:22 AM

they have ever been and sc STILL can't win their division. All they have to brag about is beating a team out of the ACC.....coot logic

AND at a time when UGA, UF and UT have been as bad as

Jan 10, 2014, 6:24 AM

You mean, Clemson. Right?

FSU?***

Jan 10, 2014, 6:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Tell'em Coot

Jan 10, 2014, 6:52 AM

All 3 teams lost to the coots but can you really compare Florida who lost to an FCS team or TN who lost 7 games, to Clemson who won 11 games and beat 2 top 10 ranked teams, won the OB, and our worst loss was to the national champions? Plus Coots say OSU is overrated but your precious ESecPN already has them in the top 10 preseason next year. No, come on, I know your a coot but get real.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6 Turnovers and sqeeked by us late in the 4th quarter....

Jan 10, 2014, 7:04 AM

powerhouse chickens

Clemson should have and could have won the game this year.

Jan 10, 2014, 7:42 AM

Clearly the better team. The game would have been different if not for the two fumbled punts, first drive int. and Boyd fumbling on the drive to tie the game. I know turnovers are part of the game but Clemson handed the game to USC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

disagree... polls, stats, opinion, records, and all the other

Jan 10, 2014, 9:27 AM

Nonsense goes out the window when teams step on the field. The winner at the end of the game IS the better team and there is nothing the other team can do about it. Utah proved it was the better team matter what Stanford did after that game. 6 turnovers? Well, the better team does not turn the ball over 6 teams. If we played 10 tiMes, sure maybe CLemson would win 9. However, we don't play 9 times. You get one shot to prove who is the better team. USuC took advantage of that and as fans there is nothing we can do about it. Yipin and yapin about how the loss wasn't a loss is cootish. SMile at all the hi fives, keep your head up, and Just walk on.
Losing 5 in a row is bad enough, don't let it turn you into a coot too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

As Grandma use to say, "Can't Never Could !"***

Jan 10, 2014, 7:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina Sucks

Jan 10, 2014, 7:48 AM

Beats Clemson by double digits 5 years in a row. Something ain't right.

Is your handle "Spook" because you are so ugly you spook

Jan 10, 2014, 7:50 AM

people?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spur has gotten Coots up high but he's got to go soon @ 68 &

Jan 10, 2014, 8:21 AM

then the real test will be to see whom they hire to replace him..probably a big name, high costing HC who will either keep them at same level..or even higher. Time will tell, while Clemson has Dabo growing older & wiser & richer (more money to pay good assistants). Should be interesting times ahead for both schools/teams.

Congrats TiGER TEAM for great OB win over very good Buckeyes!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and afterward we get invited to a BCS bowl, that speaks

Jan 10, 2014, 10:54 AM [ in reply to South Carolina Sucks ]

volumes about the difference between the two programs

So then, you agree that's the pinnacle of your achievements

Jan 10, 2014, 12:08 PM [ in reply to South Carolina Sucks ]

in 115 years of college football, and now your own coach has realized it will never be better?

"We don't care about Clemson; we're worried about SEC championships!"
--Steve Spurrier, circa 2005

True comedy.

Can't get to BCS... yadda yadda.. SEC 0-2 in BCS bowls

Jan 10, 2014, 8:44 AM

Was the goal to be 0-3? 0-4 ??

LOL. Butthurt much?***

Jan 10, 2014, 12:04 PM

Re: Can't get to BCS... yadda yadda.. SEC 0-2 in BCS bowls

Jan 10, 2014, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Can't get to BCS... yadda yadda.. SEC 0-2 in BCS bowls ]

that is rich, lol :)

KABLEWIE!!!

Curious....other than Aub vs. Fla St , where there any

Jan 10, 2014, 10:39 AM

bowl games where the SEC team was lower ranked , or had a worse record than who they paired them up with ?

Or were they the favored, higher ranked, more wins team by coincidence or to keep the E$ECPN thing going ?

good point sc/wisconsin was #9 vs #19 and if the badgers

Jan 10, 2014, 10:56 AM

had not gone away from the run (which was punishing sc's defense) would have won that game.

Yet , 8 SEC teams have been to BCS Bowls.***

Jan 10, 2014, 10:54 AM

im missing one. .. what is the eighth?

Jan 10, 2014, 1:01 PM

Lsu, bama, uf, ut, tam, uga, aub
??

And do you really count tam's one showing in 1999?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Arkansas 2011 Sugar Bowl***

Jan 10, 2014, 1:09 PM

Now that you bring it up

Jan 10, 2014, 12:27 PM

I think we were the first team from SC to win on Orange Bowl also! LOL

Silly Coots

Maybe the Gamecocks and Tigers can settle it on the field.

Jan 10, 2014, 2:49 PM

Oh wait, they already did.

Re: Maybe the Gamecocks and Tigers can settle it on the field.

Jan 10, 2014, 2:56 PM

And you still have nothing to show for it.

Congrats on still being a nobody.

Yes they did, not a single Clemson fan on the planet

Jan 10, 2014, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Maybe the Gamecocks and Tigers can settle it on the field. ]

likes the little streak. We just laugh that because your coach couldn't achieve what he promised when he was hired, no conference championships, only one appearance in the SECCG that resulted ion the biggest margin of victory ever in that game(larger than our OD debacle)and not a single BCS bowl appearance,all you all have is your 5 in Row, which doesn't matter when compared to conference championships and BCS appearances nationwide.

What's in YOUR trophy case?***

Jan 10, 2014, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Maybe the Gamecocks and Tigers can settle it on the field. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Next year

Jan 10, 2014, 3:17 PM

The longer this streak goes, the less Clemson fans seem to care. Reminds me of college baseball. Clemson fans used to care about that sport too.

We care

Jan 10, 2014, 10:15 PM

But we care about the overall picture.

Nobody outside the state of SC cares about the rivalry, but everyone knows that CLEMSON beat OSU in a BCS bowl.

Your recruiting shows the decline that you are headed to. I think you are ranked 30th or something. Strong work!

Re: We care

Jan 10, 2014, 10:17 PM

And ranked 33rd in the country.... AWESOME!

Re: We care

Jan 10, 2014, 10:28 PM

Recruiting class rankings are made by adding up the score of all the recruits in a class. SC's class is smaller this year, but have a higher average than many other teams ranked higher with larger recruiting classes. If you do the rankings by average player score and not size of the class, then SC's class is top 15.

Recruiting

Jan 11, 2014, 8:01 AM

So, Clemson's hopes of beating Carolina are based upon a drop off in recruiting by Spurrier?

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic