Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some observations from my trip
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,025

Some observations from my trip

Jan 15, 2020, 8:07 AM

Got in after 10 pm last night. Driving conditions going down were dangerous, to say the least. Coming back, the same. Very stressful trip all the way around.

The French Quarter has seen better days. It had been 30 years since I had been there. The many warnings people had given about safety I thought were exaggerated. After getting a taste of the current conditions, however, I realized the danger is real. Since there is safety in numbers, having so many football fans milling around provided a sense of security, but I would never go back unless the city hosts Clemson in another natty. To put it mildly, conditions are appalling. It's clear the area has never recovered from Katrina. If the French Quarter is that bad, the rest of the city must be unlivable. We took in Cafe Du Monde and the Acme Oyster House. Decent experience but not worth going there if not for the game.

As for the game, there were a lot of positives in spite of the Secret Service protocol. Getting in wasn't nearly as big a deal as I imagined. We could have played better, obviously, and taking the TD off the board was an absolute JOKE, but our A game would have meant no better than a 50/50 chance of winning.

Burrow was as advertised. Chase pwned Terrell. Our D was overmatched. Our passing game was off, mostly due to Trevor never feeling comfortable.

The way we started the second half made me think, OK, we got this. Not so much.

We'll be back though. They likely won't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I had a different take away......

Jan 15, 2020, 8:32 AM

I went to Phoenix and Tampa. IMO New Orleans was BY FAR the best place, honestly i wish the title was there every year (drive able and reasonable). I'd rather go back for a semi final game since the tix will be a little cheaper, but we needed another day or two to take in some activities and restaurants that we didn't get a chance to do. Sure Bourbon Street and some areas were sketchy, but you take that for what it is.....there's definitely more to New Orleans than just Bourbon Street.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had a different take away......

Jan 15, 2020, 10:53 AM

I had a great stay in NOLA. I was surprised to how clean the city was. Also had no issues with LSU fans or in Biurbon Street, I will admit I wasmnitnthese past 1130pm. Good was great and atmosphere was great. Last year Santa Clara had noe of this and Tampa didn’t match up to NOLA. I would definitely go back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree our d was out matched BUT

Jan 15, 2020, 8:32 AM

All we ever needed them to do was have a few stops and some slowing down. They for the most part did what we should have expected them to do. Although I agree I didn’t think our dbs would be that easily exposed. Really our defense imo was one td less than what they needed to do meaning they should have scored one less td. But, our offense put them in a bad spot by not taking advantage of stops, good field position, etc. if our defense hold one more and our offense scored one more now all of a sudden we are in the game

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you cant

Jan 15, 2020, 9:01 AM

Convert third downs you better be good on first and second. The Tigers could do neither.

We weren't bad on 1st down generally

Jan 15, 2020, 10:00 AM

ETN got positive yards as long as we went at them. The pitches and sweeps put us behind the chains several times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We weren't bad on 1st down generally

Jan 15, 2020, 10:00 AM [ in reply to If you cant ]

ETN got positive yards as long as we went at them. The pitches and sweeps put us behind the chains several times.

Question about Hurricane Katrina/Superdome...

Jan 15, 2020, 1:08 PM

when looking up into the top of the dome you obviously saw the big Mercedes emblem but it was also clear and obvious that some of the metal rings all around the dome had pieces missing and bent. I assume this is damage caused by Katrina when the Dome's roof was wind damaged and they decided not to repair it for the sake of what?

Memory of the storm and that the Dome was a last shelter?

Too hard to get too to repair?

Other?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Re: Some observations from my trip

Jan 15, 2020, 3:08 PM

I bet you’re fun at parties.

hmm still smells like corn dogs in here

Jan 15, 2020, 3:10 PM

How long is it going to take that smell to go away?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe some of OBJ's "fake" c-notes

Jan 15, 2020, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Some observations from my trip ]

would encourage you to go away sooner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some observations from my trip

Jan 15, 2020, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Some observations from my trip ]

My takeaway. Clemson definitely better than LSU. We know you guys stole our signs from the sideline. If TL was on, the score is reversed, and I'll even give you the TD that was stolen by the SEC refs. No. 1 is not a good receiver. He'll not play long in the NFL. NFL doesn't like problems in the locker room. Your team colors are stupid, and your cheerleaders are fat and ugly. Clemson's are hotter than hell. We don't eat things out of creeks. At Clemson life is good! Your own newspaper said Clemson dominates in academics. Nuff said, and it's all factual and true.

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,025
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic