Topic: Maybe now the narrative will start to change
Replies: 5   Last Post: Oct 27, 2019 8:11 AM by: CitadelDawg84
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Maybe now the narrative will start to change

[1]
Posted: Oct 27, 2019 8:01 AM

I was on a hike in the North Georgia mountains this past week and wearing my Clemson baseball cap. At least two people said, "oh, you are a Cubs fan..." In my mind I'm thinking, "do you have any idea what a Cub's logo looks like?" but instead just say, "no, Clemson!"

One of the guys says, "I like Clemson. Anyone that can beat Alabama is good team in my book." To which I said, "maybe we will get another chance this year..." Guy replies, "that would be great but will you even get in the playoffs with your one loss?" I"m like, "we are undefeated..." He goes, "I thought you had a loss."

Now I'm getting a little upset inside because our close game with UNC has now turned into a loss via the national media. What came out of my mouth next was probably more testing that I had planned, but said something along the lines of, "no, we had a close game with North Carolina but we won...I can assure you we are undefeated...."

Now that we are back to crushing opponents, and Trevor looking lights out, maybe the narrative will start to change.

But Brice didn't look that sharp yesterday...overthrew a bunch of receivers. Maybe we aren't that good...

Re: Maybe now the narrative will start to change

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 8:04 AM

I think a couple of weeks before Brice was hitting and the other guy wasn’t.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 8:08 AM

The other guy is probably getting more practice reps now since he was so shaky the first 7 games. Brice isn't getting as many reps so he is not as sharp.

Hopefully you guys hear the sarcasm in my post.

I just hope that random person isn't on the playoff committee.***

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 8:05 AM

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 8:07 AM

Seems everyone or most everyone is talking about a good 1 loss team, so is our bad 1 win even a consideration?

[1]
Posted: Oct 27, 2019 8:11 AM

A win against BC will stop the scrutiny from the polls - just don’t have any more brain fart games like the 1 point win over NC. Hey, Clemson will make the playoffs unless lightning strikes. Can’t expect every article to be “Clemson is the GOAT”. Not enough clicks for all the news outlets.

If one expects every article to praise CU, one will be very disgruntled while supporting the reining national champions and the team most likely to make the playoffs this year.

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Fiesta Bowl
FOR SALE: Selling two tickets in section 106, lower level, Clemson sideline. Ordered through Iptay and will be...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
692 people have read this post