Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson and LSU to face off for Death Valley bragging rights? It could happen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson and LSU to face off for Death Valley bragging rights? It could happen

Aug 4, 2018, 10:25 AM

Clemson and LSU to face off for Death Valley bragging rights? It could happen

Which school has the real Death Valley? Clemson and LSU might be able to settle that on the field in the near future. Clemson Athletic Director Dan Radakovich told the media Friday that he and Assistant AD Kyle Young are working on future series with both LSU and Georgia. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shouldn't we be doing an away game with Wyoming?

Aug 4, 2018, 10:34 AM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shouldn't we be doing an away game with Wyoming?

Aug 4, 2018, 12:43 PM

I'd love to see my tigers play in Laramie! Only a 5 hour drive! Never gonna happen though, I'm reduced to flying back for 1 or 2 games a year.

Message was edited by: OONegtive®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Schedule UGA. kthxbye***

Aug 4, 2018, 10:37 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson and LSU to face off for Death Valley bragging rights? It could happen

Aug 4, 2018, 10:42 AM

Why is it even a QUESTION of what stadium is the real DV? Clemson University had the FIRST stadium named Death Valley, and no other stadium naming DV after Clemson should ever come into question of who is the real DV bc the answer is and WILL always be Clemson University, PERIOD! ! ! ! ! !

Also teams through the years have stated that they understood why Clemson stadium was called Death Valley, and it was bc they felt lucky if they left there alive!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sure, I'm always for kicking an $ec team while they're down***

Aug 4, 2018, 10:48 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson and LSU to face off for Death Valley bragging rights? It could happen

Aug 4, 2018, 10:49 AM

Is this gonna be a regular Series???

...like “Celebrity Death Match”!?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last time I checked, we already owned bragging rights

Aug 4, 2018, 10:50 AM

LSWho???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last time I checked, we already owned bragging rights

Aug 4, 2018, 10:54 AM

And we owned the DV stadium name before we ever played LSWho!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's as outrageous and saying let's fight over whether...

Aug 4, 2018, 10:53 AM

water is wet. The name Death Valley isn't up to be contested, it isn't anyone's to gamble away including Tnet or we Clemson fans. We could play them for whether water is wet or not and it wouldn't matter who won. Water will still going to be wet.

Whether people know water is wet or not in more a measure of their integrity and honesty than their perception. If the LSU people want to deny truth it's not my responsibility to help them regain their integrity and honestly. Thieves steal and liars lie. LSU fans and anyone who claims LSU's stadium is death valley is both.

This is not open for discussion but we can discuss water being wet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!

Aug 4, 2018, 11:28 AM

I'd love to play them.

I just do NOT want it to be a game to settle which "Death Valley" is real or original. That is already settled.

It really isn't the job of Clemson fans to educate lswho?? fans and the rest of the college football world.

Shame on Tigernet for Legitimizing LSU's Claim

Aug 4, 2018, 11:10 AM

LSU is Deaf Valley
Clemson is Death Valley

Any reporting indicating anything else is by people who don't understand the confusion with the words "Death" and "Deaf"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 11:46 AM

I personally would love to see them schedule one of the service academies (Army, Navy, Air Force) on a rotating basis. Play them on Military Appreciation Day.

As far as LSU goes, it would be a great game for television. The commentators would eat up the "real Death Valley" angle. It would make a great ESPN gameday with Lee Corso choosing which Tiger head to wear.

Aug 4, 2018, 11:54 AM

I record every game on television on any given college football saturday and there's a world of difference between Clemson and LSU. The LSU fans often leave at halftime and go get drunk. You won't ever see that happening at Clemson. LSU is a freaking joke.
Not that long ago, Miss State was beating LSU badly and all the stupid coon ### fans left. LSU came back and almost won the game in what was a very exciting game, but none of those morons were even there to witness it. The stadium was 90% empty in the second half. That's the example of loser fans. No real fan ever quits on his team.

Aug 4, 2018, 4:13 PM

Actually, the LSU fans arrive drunk, sneak handles into the stadium and leave at half time to go eat. And get more drunk. You were close though.

Honestly though, Clemson fans leave at half time to go reup too, the difference is at tiger stadium, there no pass outs. Once you leave, you have to present another ticket to return.

Message was edited by: mattcah®

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 12:50 PM

O YES....THIS MUST GO DOWN......There can be, and there only is ONE.........DEATH VALLEY and that's in Clemson SC..ALL IN!!...GO TIGERS!!

Aug 4, 2018, 1:01 PM

There are no valleys in Louisiana! Maybe a gulley!

Aug 4, 2018, 1:02 PM

We already own those rights.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A crevice?***

Aug 4, 2018, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson and LSU to face off for Death Valley bragging rights? It could happen ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All in. To be the best. Beat the best.

Aug 4, 2018, 1:12 PM

Still would like a series with Ole Miss and road trip to The Grove. Thanks for the great scheduling work Mr. Rad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All in. To be the best. Beat the best.

Aug 4, 2018, 2:50 PM

He sure screwed up that coot neutral site with the coots. He had to, have had a serious brain Fart with that one!!!

Aug 4, 2018, 1:47 PM

Would LOVE home-and-homes vs. Georgia and LSU. One of my best memories as a Tiger was the 2013 game vs. Georgia. Game day returning, the hype, the tailgating, the game, its truly been my standard of game day experiences. Heading down to Baton Rouge to see a game would be awesome, too. I would also like to see us schedule some other powerhouses from the around the country, like Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, Oregon, Southern Cal, even Alabama. Can you imagine Alabama visiting Clemson for a prime time showdown in the Valley? That gives me chills lol

Aug 4, 2018, 4:11 PM

As a Clemson and LSU grad, I personally am a bit torn about this. Don't get me wrong, I'm always going to root for Clemson over everybody, but I still isn't exactly fun to watch my other schools lose.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AWWWWYYYYEEEAH!!! CORNDOGS!!!!!!***

Aug 4, 2018, 6:13 PM

We already beat them, let’s play someone different like ...

Aug 4, 2018, 11:57 PM

Washington or Stanford or Wisconsin or ...

We ever play Washington or Stanford or Wisconsin ?

Oregon ?

Maybe it's time to consider another conference affiliation..

Aug 5, 2018, 2:05 AM

....of course this is specifically about football but looking at our home season this year......Furman, GA Southern, Duke, Syracuse aren't very interesting.....NC State, Louisville, coots maybe a little more interesting......Sure would be fun if some of those were LSU, GA, Stanford, Purdue...the possibilities are endless. Furman and GA Southern in the same year? UGH

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 11:11 AM

Valley much??? From what I have seen, LSU should start using the name Death flat land, or maybe Death flood plain.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic