Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What I can't understand is how the coot fans are talking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 3,151

What I can't understand is how the coot fans are talking

Jan 26, 2014, 11:47 AM

Trash about Boyd bc one tweet said he was undraftable. They bash him saying he isn't very good but in the same breath say we struggle due to not having him at qb. Which one is it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have they EVER

Jan 26, 2014, 11:51 AM

Had a QB drafted ? Ever ? Honestly , concern yourself with global warming or quantum physics theory ...those two topics make more sense than listening to Dirtpeckers. They are on the Lego and juice box level my friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

which one gets under your skin the most? that's the one...

Jan 26, 2014, 11:51 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What I can't understand is how the coot fans are talking

Jan 26, 2014, 11:52 AM

It blows my mind because they can't seem to see the catch-22 in all their arguing.

First, Dabo is selfish and kept Boyd from earning more money last year. But if Boyd is so terrible, then Dabo was spot on that he could use extra work. Plus, he would have been subjected to the same pre draft scrutiny last year so would be going though exact same problems he is now. Plus, I thought it was supposed to be Boyd who was carrying Dabo, the terrible coach. If Dabo can manage to hold a team together and win as many games as he did with a bad quarterback then what does the future hold in store? Just stick to one storyline coots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

I personally was hoping that Boyd would have an excellent senior bowl and combine to make it seem like he made Morris look better than Morris made him look better.

Turns out it might just be a good system to rack up stats.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

My advice

Would be to ignore it. Honestly, what do you expect them to say? It's called a rivalry. We bash them any chance we get, they return the favor. The moment you let it become bigger and more important than it really is the more they feel they are winning.

Re: My advice

Jan 26, 2014, 12:45 PM

You need to stop making sense! You'll be labeled a coot like me!

I hope most people are pulling for the kids to succeed no matter where they went to school. Hoping for a guy to fail who has already graduated or moved on is just mean-spirited.

They are butt hurt

Jan 26, 2014, 11:53 AM

Since the only teams represented in Senior Bowl were from South Carolina were Clemson an Coastal Carolina!

We only had like 4 seniors

Jan 26, 2014, 11:54 AM

on our entire roster...

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We only had like 4 seniors

Jan 26, 2014, 11:58 AM

Which is strange since you sign 25-30 every year. OBS does not really focus on graduation rates.

With some of Spurrier's despicable practices of

Jan 26, 2014, 12:04 PM [ in reply to We only had like 4 seniors ]

running off team members to make room for other, supposedly better recruits, gray-shirting, and the recruiting reductions placed on usuck's most recent NCAA 3-year probation, almost no one is surprised at the few number of "seniors" on the chicken football team.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Product of a capitalist society

Jan 26, 2014, 12:28 PM

gotta produce or you gotta find something else to do with your life.

So 4 years ago you signed 25 players of whom only 4

Jan 26, 2014, 1:44 PM

Produced on the field well enough to make it to their senior year?

Hmm. Are the rest of them pumping gas now?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very high %

Jan 26, 2014, 12:19 PM

Of COOTS are just plain STUPID!! You can't have discussion with someone who ignores or won't accept the evidence! They are great and everyone else sucks! That's what 5 wins over CLEMSON has done to them. They refuse to talk HONESTLY about sports, BASEBALL was an afterthought until a few years ago, now everyone of them has a t-shirt and several stickers. Where's the basketball stickers and shirts?

What I can't ..... and NEVER will understand

Jan 26, 2014, 12:29 PM

is why Clemson people care WHAT the 'coots think!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you...can't have it both ways. But in all

Jan 26, 2014, 12:38 PM

fairness, some on here were saying the same about Clowney. Questioning how good USuCk would be without him in one breath, then saying he wasn't any good/over hyped the next.

Fact is, both players were very good and I think both programs will take a small step back initially.

And why is it you care what they say?

Jan 26, 2014, 1:06 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Obviously,

Jan 26, 2014, 1:10 PM

they are wrong on both counts. Tajh will be drafted and we won't suffer having a QB who occaionally goes brain dead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2014, 1:13 PM

well, its obvious he was Clemson's best qb. He was the starter, ergo, he was better than your other guys. He owns all of your qb records. So no way the next guy is not a tremendous fall off from him. You will miss him greatly.

That said, imo he was not very well coached at Clemson, and that is showing now. He was not even close to being the "great" qb you guys made him out to be.He made a living on the white meat that is the ACC. And imo that was proven with his performances against SC.

But again, he was obviously the best you had. Cole Stoudt and Swag Kelley scare no one.

So, how do you explain OSU, LSU and UGA?

Jan 26, 2014, 2:15 PM

Never mind--coot logic is only for coots.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 26, 2014, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: What I can't understand is how the coot fans are talking ]

God you people are idiots. I guess Tebow just racked his stats up against the "white meat" of the sec. Tajh has a better arm and much much better delivery than Tebow. In fact a majority of the best qbs in the sec never make it in the college game. Jamarcus russell , tim couch, jesse palmer, the list goes on and on. College systems don't always translate to the pros.

Most Scar fans would sign a petition for him to receive...

Jan 26, 2014, 1:17 PM

...a 6th year of eligibility. Their thought process is justified if you ask me.

Bottomline Coot fans know nothing about football!

Jan 26, 2014, 1:18 PM

Really!

maybe they will enjoy our pocket passer

Jan 26, 2014, 2:44 PM

a little better this year. Every knock that I have read from them about Stoudt describes Charlie W to a "t". I guess they forgot how that worked out for them for 4 years?

Maybe because every time Boyd played SC he looked like trash***

Jan 26, 2014, 4:18 PM

kinda the way

Jan 26, 2014, 4:31 PM

Some on this board said all year clowney really sucked. Now however, that the first round DE is gone, USC will be terrible in 2014.

Hello pot, meet my friend kettle

Replies: 25
| visibility 3,151
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic