Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Tommy Bowden on status of DeAndre McDaniel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

Jul 7, 2008, 4:19 PM

Clemson head football coach on the status of McDaniel after his arrest. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Tommy Bowden on status of DeAndre McDaniel

Jul 7, 2008, 4:22 PM

Our legal system works.

FGF implosion in 5..4..3..2..***

Jul 7, 2008, 4:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Can't say I blame them

Jul 7, 2008, 4:52 PM

While I agree with Bowden's decision, it is not uncommon to hear FGF logic over here when a USC player gets in trouble.

When Garcia was arrested the first time, TigerNet exploded with criticism.

When Spurrier says he wants to wait and see the facts, a good number of those on TigerNet jump on his case. When Bowden says it, it's OK.

I don't see how McDaniel's situation is any different than any USC player who has gotten in trouble and later been exonerated.

Every fan base has their bad apples.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The difference is.....

Jul 7, 2008, 4:59 PM

in the Mcdaniel case there is sufficient evidence, including eye-witness statements, to support that the allegationss by the complaintant may not be entirely factual.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

As there was with Emmanuel Cook.

Jul 7, 2008, 5:06 PM

Yet there are stillmany here who would label him a thug, even though his charges were dismissed. The fact that Cook had no prior record doesn't seem to matter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

a lot of us here think everyone at SCAR is a thug

Jul 7, 2008, 5:13 PM

so what? Thus is the nature of our rivalry, and it is terribly easy to call names on a message board, although in person most of us would admit we sorta like a SCAR fan or two.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

No more than 2!***

Jul 7, 2008, 5:15 PM

Not the point.***

Jul 7, 2008, 5:16 PM [ in reply to a lot of us here think everyone at SCAR is a thug ]

of course it is the point.

Jul 7, 2008, 5:18 PM

We think our guys are saints and your guys are thugs. It is vice versa there. If our guy gets off, he is innocent. If your guy does, someone paid off the complainant.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Really !?!?!? Who !?!?!?***

Jul 7, 2008, 5:16 PM [ in reply to As there was with Emmanuel Cook. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you really suggesting that Tnet gave Cook the benefit

Jul 7, 2008, 5:19 PM

of the doubt prior to his day in court??

Cook was just one more in a LONG LINE of incidents.....

Jul 7, 2008, 5:26 PM

so are you really surprised when your players aren't automatically given the benefit of the doubt by everyone other than $CU fans.

Good try but that's irrelevant.

Jul 7, 2008, 5:31 PM

Cook is one individual and his incident had nothing to do with anyone else's. We keep being reminded by you guys about how the legal system works. Why shouldn't it have worked the same way for Cook?

And for the record... go back and look at posts between Aug. 20 and Aug. 30. Some pretty choice comments about a guy that had never given any reason to doubt him.

Because perception is reality......

Jul 7, 2008, 5:36 PM

and $CU is widely perceived as a rogue out of control program where the patients run the asylum.

I'm not suggesting it's fair, but that's the way it is. When guys like you, Paddy and othe r$CU alums get fed up enough with it maybe you do somethign about it rather than walk the party line as if you support the buffoons who make execuse for and/or rationalize the inappropriate conduct.

Unfortunately I have very litle control over the things you

Jul 7, 2008, 5:45 PM

suggest.

You guys have been all about giving McD the benefit of the doubt. Lack of evidence, and his prior record are in his favor. E. Cook had the same things going for him.

Are you trying to say our situations are the same?

Jul 7, 2008, 6:10 PM

Are you suggesting that the cook and mcdaniel situations are the same, and ##### and tigers have reacted exactly the same way?

Please link them. and make sure there are alot, like you're

Jul 7, 2008, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Good try but that's irrelevant. ]

suggesting.

The situations, both in Cook's and McDaniel's case and also CU and UCS, are not the same.

I'm calling your bluff.

What bluff?? I am talking about fan reaction.

Jul 7, 2008, 6:36 PM

The allegations don't really matter.

Biggie is trying to suggest that because of the evidence in McD's case there is cause for patience.

According to others, USC don't understand how the legal system works.

Where were those people when Cook got arrested? Little evidence and no record. Nevertheless... based on psts on this board at the time, apparently there was no need for a trial.

I thought a gun was found. Are guns illegal on campus?

Jul 7, 2008, 6:38 PM

Is that considered evidence? I neither know nor care.

Oh there was a gun... but there was no evidence that it was

Jul 7, 2008, 6:39 PM

ever in Cook's possession. It didn't belong to him... and it wasn't in his car.

It's not the same.

Jul 7, 2008, 6:50 PM

It's not the same. What part of that are you having trouble understanding? Your attempts to compare the cook and mcdaniel situations, our overall police blotters, and our fans is WEAK. Do you think you're fooling people, ,, better yet do you not even realize you're making feeble rationalizations?

Again WTH are you talking about?.................

Jul 7, 2008, 6:54 PM [ in reply to What bluff?? I am talking about fan reaction. ]

You said "go back and look at posts between Aug. 20 and Aug. 30."

Link them to show this proof that our fan bases have reacted the same way. Plus the situations are not the same, so why do try? Do you think anyone is dumb enough to believe your nonsense?

That's baloney. You claimed Clemson/Scar fan reaction to

Jul 7, 2008, 8:51 PM [ in reply to What bluff?? I am talking about fan reaction. ]

McDaniel's hearing results was the same as several similar Scar athlete's cases when we debated this same topic a few days ago. When I asked you to give specific examples of Scar cases you listed about 4, none of which were even remotely similar to McDaniel's case/hearing.

Do you not understand that Cook had no witnesses other than the guy with a loaded gun magazine in the car with him who also happened to be charged and that Cook admitted he knew the gun was in the car, on a university campus?

Then you tell me why Cook's case was dismissed?***

Jul 7, 2008, 9:33 PM

Re: Not enough probable cause as I said. Didn't think

Jul 7, 2008, 9:42 PM

they could get a conviction. Go figure, considering they only had two witnesses, who happened to be friends, and both were charged with the same crime.

Again.. equating this with McDaniel's hearing is ludicrous.

I'll say it once more.

Jul 7, 2008, 9:46 PM

I'm not comparing the cases. I am comparing the fan reaction.

I'll tell you what. Go read Mickey's blog about fan reaction. He gets it.

since you say he's right, I guess you're admitting...

Jul 7, 2008, 9:48 PM

that you're one of the two faced fans he spoke about... too bad you didn't agree with his blog earlier; it might have saved you from posting 500 times today

Actually... my post history will prove

Jul 7, 2008, 9:53 PM

that I have been very supportive of letting the legal process run it's course before making any judgements.

But I do agree with Mickey that there are boneheads on both sides of the rivalry when cases like this occur.

that you are a biased coot fan, no more, no less.***

Jul 7, 2008, 10:01 PM

are you serious? What about this "rivalry" don't you get?***

Jul 7, 2008, 9:49 PM [ in reply to I'll say it once more. ]

The "rivalry" alone is no excuse for complete

Jul 7, 2008, 9:54 PM

ignorance.

what is ignorant about thinking someone who rolls with

Jul 7, 2008, 9:57 PM

people carrying guns is dangerous.

Yet you pull for a team that is sub .500 all time.

Jul 8, 2008, 8:26 AM [ in reply to The "rivalry" alone is no excuse for complete ]

talk about ignorant.

Re: I'll say it once more.

Jul 7, 2008, 9:56 PM [ in reply to I'll say it once more. ]

How do you expect to win a debate when you provide no support for your argument?

I asked for specific Scar examples similar to DM's case and the fan reaction to the post-hearing results...you've yet to provide any to support your argument. If you can't, there's no point in continuing the debate.

You'll notice Plyler said nothing about the specific parameters we're talking about.

From the get go a few days ago, the parameters I referred to revolved around what I described above.

Neal Lourie's 10,000th customer?***

Jul 8, 2008, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Then you tell me why Cook's case was dismissed?*** ]

because you're a lawyer.***

Jul 8, 2008, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Good try but that's irrelevant. ]

Re: Are you really suggesting that Tnet gave Cook the benefit

Jul 7, 2008, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Are you really suggesting that Tnet gave Cook the benefit ]

Refresh our memory..

What were the facts re: the Cook case?

From what I remember/read...

He was arrested along with the other guy in a borrowed car? and a gun was found in the car, the other guy was carrying a magazine for the gun, the arresting officer stated they were trying to hide something when he walked up...Is that correct, what happened in the hearing/court?

Cook was guilty by association only right?

If nothing else, he needs to pick better friends.***

Jul 7, 2008, 5:28 PM

Maybe... b ut they don't lock you up for having bad friends.

Jul 7, 2008, 5:35 PM

Much to my mother's relief, who was convinced that I was going to jump off a bridge with all the other kids.

Oh contraire mon fraire !!!!

Jul 7, 2008, 5:37 PM

Cook is just one example of a kid who went to jail for having bad friends. I won't mention any other names on the grounds that it may incriminate me.

They don't convict you of crimes for having bad friends.

Jul 7, 2008, 5:42 PM

You stated that the reason you guys are so understanding in McD's case is because there is evidence to support his case.

How was Cook's case any different? His case had absolutely nothing to do with any other Gamecock case and there was plenty to suggest he was not a bad kid... including the fact that he had no prior record.

why must you continously beat your head against the wall?

Jul 7, 2008, 5:45 PM

just accept it.

It seems like there's something wrong with him.

Jul 7, 2008, 6:29 PM

Does he really think people can't see through his paper arguments?

Yes they do.

Jul 8, 2008, 8:29 AM [ in reply to They don't convict you of crimes for having bad friends. ]

hence the word "Accomplice"

The same could be said of McDaniel's choice in girls

Jul 7, 2008, 5:45 PM [ in reply to If nothing else, he needs to pick better friends.*** ]

evidently

What more do you need to know other than his case was

Jul 7, 2008, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you really suggesting that Tnet gave Cook the benefit ]

dismissed in court for lack of evidence?

Re:I know he admitted he was aware the gun was in the car

Jul 7, 2008, 5:55 PM

per a newspaper report and like your own coach admitted, he was at least guilty by association.

I was expecting there to have been some witnesses to support Cook's claims of innocence other than the guy carrying the loaded magazine in the car with him.. since you cited this as similar to McDaniels case in our last exchange.

Not even worth trying to compare this to McDaniel's circumstances.

Exactly. Obviously toogie is full of it. The only question

Jul 7, 2008, 6:40 PM

is, does he even know it?

Hmmm... I see that you have begun posting a lot recently.

Jul 7, 2008, 6:41 PM

I'll be watching you closely.

WTH are you talking about?.***

Jul 7, 2008, 6:50 PM

LOL... sure there seeing as the case was dismissed due to

Jul 7, 2008, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re:I know he admitted he was aware the gun was in the car ]

lack of evidence.

LOL. That's weak.***

Jul 7, 2008, 6:51 PM

Re:You've got to be kidding. There wasn't enough

Jul 7, 2008, 8:08 PM [ in reply to LOL... sure there seeing as the case was dismissed due to ]

probable cause to send it to a grand jury. Do you even know what that means? Your trying to equate Cook and his friend with the gun's charges/statements with McDaniel/jilted ex-girlfriend and the statements of his three witnesses charged with nothing is beyond laughable.

Go read the link for Cook's admission that he was aware the gun was in the car. You gonna try to convince someone he didn't know that a concealed weapon in a car on a university campus was against the law?

What do you know, more hogwash. LOL

http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=147813&t=0

Yet another blanket toogie statement without facts.

Jul 7, 2008, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Really !?!?!? Who !?!?!?*** ]

We all should be used to this by now.

He must think he's dealing with people as dumb as #### fans.

Jul 7, 2008, 6:56 PM

He's either a dumbarse for thinking he's fooling anyone with his silly rhetoric, or he's in complete denial. It's not clear which.

Re: As there was with Emmanuel Cook.

Jul 7, 2008, 6:00 PM [ in reply to As there was with Emmanuel Cook. ]

The fact that he flashed gang signs on national tv does not help Cooks cause.

So, Garcia didn't really run from the cops while publicly

Jul 7, 2008, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Can't say I blame them ]

drunk, key the car, or drink outside on campus? ;)

He never keyed the car, The key did it.***

Jul 7, 2008, 5:09 PM

null

So the key was in the wrong place (his hand) at the wrong

Jul 7, 2008, 5:44 PM

time (as he was walking by the guy's car)?

Re: you have got to be a coot .gooo homeeee, USUCK!!!!!!!!!!***

Jul 7, 2008, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Can't say I blame them ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suggesting CU and UCS are equal, if you are, is complete BS.***

Jul 7, 2008, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Can't say I blame them ]

You dont see the difference??? ....Uh ok

Jul 7, 2008, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Can't say I blame them ]

He said / she said

vs

Caught red handed????

And you dont see the difference??????

ok

Why was Cook's case dismissed in court?***

Jul 7, 2008, 6:43 PM

Who cares? It's not the same and therefore irrelevant.

Jul 7, 2008, 6:58 PM

Do you not have anything better to do than post these ridiculous comparisons on a rival's website? Do you think people here are as dumb as #### fans, or are you just in denial and not capable of seeing your weak arguments? Which is it?

This appears to be a blow to our program's integrity IMHO.***

Jul 8, 2008, 4:42 PM [ in reply to FGF implosion in 5..4..3..2..*** ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Integrity of this Website

Jul 8, 2008, 4:17 PM

Regardless of everything else said about this situation, I am highly upset that the editors of this website did not think that this story should go up until now. Its been well over a week. This website should post all news, good or bad.

What is TB going to find out between now and Aug. 30th?

Jul 8, 2008, 4:37 PM

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see what he is going to find out before trial that will allow him to make a decision. I stand by my belief that he should be suspended from the team pending outcome of the trial. I still don't see how anyone could be arrested as a result of someone just calling up the police and completely lying with no type of visible evidence or viable witness statement.

Re: What is TB going to find out between now and Aug. 30th?

Jul 8, 2008, 4:44 PM

Unfortunately it doesn happen...had something like that happen to a friend. Girl got mad, beat herself a little, called the cops and claimed abuse, guy arrested. Sadly this girl is doing it again with another guy. Some people do crazy things and now, I am afraid even if someone does abuse her, her word means nothing to people around her because of her behavior with these men.

Re: To echo 1hottiger's post...

Jul 9, 2008, 3:23 PM [ in reply to What is TB going to find out between now and Aug. 30th? ]

I too saw first hand what can happen to someone when they are simply accused of a wrong doing. It happened to one of my best friends.

Basically, a girl accused him of drugging her at a party at his house and then forcing her to commit certain acts while he took pictures. All of this while 2 other people were sleeping in the room and his wife sleeping in the adjacent room. The accuser produced no evidence, but simply went to the police with her story. The following evening the sheriff's dept. went to my friend's house, treated him like a 2nd class citizen, seized his camera, personal computer, and his laptop that his employer owns which he needs to perform some of his job duties.

Long story short - my friend did nothing of the sort to this girl; he has no criminal record and has never been in any trouble (outside of a speeding ticket). My friend was never charged nor arrested, but he did have to hire an attorney ($20K) and was without his personal property for over 6 months, not to mention the personal grief that he went through along with his wife and their families and the risk of losing his job.

We're still not sure why this girl did what she did, but it is very disturbing to me that someone can make your life a living h@*% by simply making up a story and telling the authorities. I believe in innocent until proven guilty, and after witnessing what my friend went through, there is no other way for me.

But as you said, he was not arrested.

Jul 11, 2008, 1:37 PM

When an arrest is made. The authorities face some pretty stiff litigation potential if they find no evidence or reason for the arrest. If that's the case with McDaniel, I hope he sues the city of Central for everything (or the little) they have. I don't expect that to be the case however.

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic