Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Thursday news and notes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Thursday news and notes

Aug 23, 2012, 8:07 PM

Thursday news and notes

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney gave the latest on the status of right tackle Giff Timothy, the redshirt status of several players and said it was good to put fall camp in the rear view mirror. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good to see

Aug 23, 2012, 8:17 PM

A guy named Tig start ... even if it's just one year.

He started last year and was #5 on the team in total tackles***

Aug 23, 2012, 8:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people don't pay attention***

Aug 24, 2012, 9:07 AM

Re: Front Page Story: Thursday news and notes

Aug 23, 2012, 9:50 PM

Terrible decision on Stewart. Should redshirt him as it does not look like he will see the field much on defense.
I hope they don't play all these marginal freshmen until we KNOW we need them this year. We have wasted way too many players eligibility for a few snaps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2012, 9:52 PM

thanks for your input coach sbrooks

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2012, 10:13 PM

Yeah. Because coaches are infallible...and NO ONE ELSE is qualified to have an opinion on anything football-related.

Why do we even have message boards? Why don't we call them "worship coaches" boards?

Amiright?

The guy replying had an opinion just like the one

Aug 23, 2012, 11:25 PM

questioning the coaches. What's the problem with that?

No one on this board...

Aug 23, 2012, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Thursday news and notes ]

..is qualified to make staff decisions on whether a player should be redshirting in the grand scheme of things.

It's not a matter of thinking coaches are infallible, and it's not a matter of someone voicing an opinion on coaching decisions; but it's completely absurd to suggest Tigernet posters know more about this situation, or have a better understanding of the big picture, than the coaching staff.

Maybe "Steward" does not want to redshirt

Aug 24, 2012, 7:36 AM

we don't know the particularts

Exactly! Venables said the other day, "I don't know what

Aug 24, 2012, 9:36 AM

he wants to do." Obviously, Tony was given a choice, based on likely playing mostly on special teams this year. He chose to play and help the team as a special teams beast.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Aug 23, 2012, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Thursday news and notes ]

momma said never trust anyone from acworth

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swinney said probably 25 plays a game on Special Teams

Aug 23, 2012, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Thursday news and notes ]

and a "twisted ankle away" from being in the rotation. Plus, with playing time, he could move up. He's been out for almost 2 years and he needs to get on the field if he's healthy enough to play. I use to think that he should be red-shirted, but that was before I considered how long he's been out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swinney said probably 25 plays a game on Special Teams

Aug 23, 2012, 10:32 PM

Steward will likely be playing in the NFL 3 years from now... a redshirt year for players of his talent is a wasted year, unless he gets hurt you are not going to have him on campus 5 years.

I think the gamecocks red shirted a player named Sydney Rice a few years ago and he was only on campus 3 years... a redshirt year was a wasted year.

Yeah, that's a whole other aspect to it that Swinney didn't

Aug 23, 2012, 10:40 PM

want to come out and say. The closest he got to it was saying TS was going to be a dominant player down the road with a great future ahead of him. Your point was discussed on here a few weeks back but needed to be restated.

Re: Yeah, that's a whole other aspect to it that Swinney didn't

Aug 24, 2012, 6:47 AM

Remember boys and girls that the "enemy" wears other colors,logos and uniforms. Our coaches are not the enemy!All you experts should at least let them coach in a game situation before you decide to fire them!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What? This must be directed at another thread, not me.***

Aug 24, 2012, 11:42 AM

Right on target!***

Aug 23, 2012, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Swinney said probably 25 plays a game on Special Teams ]

Can you blame Rice

Aug 24, 2012, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Swinney said probably 25 plays a game on Special Teams ]

for wanting to get out of Columbia as soon as he could?

Barring a Willard or Wright injury

Aug 24, 2012, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Swinney said probably 25 plays a game on Special Teams ]

in which case it would be very easy to burn a potential Steward redshirt, I don't see him moving up when he's behind 2 seniors who were both starters last year. I think it's just as easy or easier to get re-acclimated to the game playing on the scout team against an offense as potent as ours than it is to do so by playing mop up duty against Ball State.

Coaches coach, and fans act like they know better. It's a

Aug 23, 2012, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Thursday news and notes ]

funny thing.

I disagree

Aug 24, 2012, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Thursday news and notes ]

I think Tony will be a contributor this season, and will be prepared to be the MAN at Will next season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic