Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tajh Boyd on playing in the NFL: "The dream is still there"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Tajh Boyd on playing in the NFL: "The dream is still there"

Jan 26, 2015, 6:58 AM

Tajh Boyd on playing in the NFL: "The dream is still there"

Former Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd has been a fighter his entire life, and because of that inner strength isn’t ready to give up on his dream of playing in the NFL. In an exclusive interview, Boyd opens up about the challenges he has faced and what his future plans might hold. In the meantime, however, the dream of the NFL is still alive. Photo by Derik Hamilton / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best of luck to Tajh Boyd

Jan 26, 2015, 7:02 AM

Life has its reasons for challenging you, keep your head high and everything will work out for you.

Proud that you got your degree.

GO Tigers

Personally, I think he would be an outstanding TV analyst

Jan 26, 2015, 7:21 AM

Having seen him multiple times on camera with interviews, he always seems to be very composed and well-prepared. It's nice to see Brian Dawkins get his takes on ESPN on a semi-regular basis, so it'd be great to add a future Tiger to the line-up.

As for playing... I really hate to say it, but it'll be hard going for him if he continues after the NFL. I really don't think there's that much shame in playing in Canada, particularly for smaller quarterbacks like him. He can still crank out a good living for a few years playing the sport he loves.

All in all, remain a big Tajh Boyd fan... on and off the field.

Re: New Story: Tajh Boyd on playing in the NFL: "The dream is still there"

Jan 26, 2015, 7:25 AM

Surprised he isn't with a team. Just still amazes me he didn't do well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2015, 1:50 PM

Doesn't surprise me at all. I like tahj but he isn't NFL caliber. But then again, neither are some of the QBs playing in the NFL. Time for him to put his degree to use or get into coaching perhaps.

Jan 26, 2015, 8:21 AM

I don't know why a NFL team hasn't tried to pick him up yet. He has a great arm and does a good job at scrambling. His weakness are easy to correct over time. I think in the right system, he could be a good reliable back up. I don't know how Connor Shaw is in the NFL and Boyd isnt. Imo, Boyd has a way better arm and had a better career in college

Jan 26, 2015, 8:44 AM

Boyd would have one of the best deep balls in the game. He's got a cannon

Jan 26, 2015, 8:46 AM

Tajh is a class person. The NFL could benefit from having men like him playing for it. I'm sorry he was drafted by a losing team with a losing coach who would not recognize talent if it knocked on his door.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly think Rex was the reason Tajh got drafted

Jan 26, 2015, 9:03 AM

In the first place by the Jets, so don't put this on him. He's got to take orders from upper management too, and they were not going to let TB start.

Re: I honestly think Rex was the reason Tajh got drafted

Jan 26, 2015, 9:46 AM

So who cut him? Upper management? Sorry, but I have little respect for Ryan and his losing record, that he now takes to Buffalo and two more outstanding CU players.

Jan 26, 2015, 10:09 AM

With every suspicious thought or feeling in my heart and mind, I 100% believe that Tajh was a favor pick that has done Tajh way more harm than good. I believe Rex knew upper management was against the pick, and Rex should have left Tajh alone. He done Tajh no favor, and now if a team does pick Tajh up, he has no bargaining power at all!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If ryan thought Tajh couldn't play in the NFL

Jan 26, 2015, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I honestly think Rex was the reason Tajh got drafted ]

I doubt he would still be contacting now that he's with the bills, but don't let facts get in your way

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jan 26, 2015, 9:58 AM [ in reply to I honestly think Rex was the reason Tajh got drafted ]

I don't think the Jets upper management were going to give Tajh much of a chance at all really. I think that the only reason Tajh got drafted to the Jets was favor to Rex from upper management with a sneaky grin on their faces. The only way Tajh would have ever suited up for the Jets in regular season, would have been if Tajh came in as a New B and blew every QB the Jets had out by preseason. That wasn't even close to enough time to have gotten Tajh NFL ready. I honestly believe that a favor to Rex was the worst thing that could have happen to Tajh. Rex should have left Tajh alone when knowing he was a favor pick, and let Tajh try the non drafted free agency route that I feel would have been his best bet. Going to the Jets was like going on a job interview where they had already hired someone for the job the day before. I'm sure Rex thought he was doing Tajh a favor and had his fingers crossed for Tajh, but I think Rex knew Tajh was going up against a two headed coin flip with upper management calling the flip. If I was a gambling man, I would bet there was a team wanting to pick Tajh up from free agency, and they had to go with someone else. Tajh would have had a better chance that way over being favor drafted by a team that had no intentions of keeping him unless he turned out to be the bomb that they knew he wouldn't be. That was one of those times where a favor ends up being a disaster for the one receiving the favor that they may never recover from.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If nothing else

Jan 26, 2015, 9:14 AM

He can play in Canada or find some foothold in broadcasting with the accdn or something like that

I just hope him the best

The fact that Logan Thomas is still in the league and not

Jan 26, 2015, 9:27 AM

Boyd tells you all you need to know about the ###-backwards way the league evaluates QBs.

I'm not saying Boyd deserves a roster spot anywhere but I'm saying anyone who's watched film of his and then Thomas's should be scratching their head.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The fact that Logan Thomas is still in the league and not

Jan 26, 2015, 9:48 AM

Amen to that. His best passes at VA Tech were to the other team. The NFL liked him because he is a Cam Newton look-alike. That's the end or the resemblance.

Re: The fact that Logan Thomas is still in the league and not

Jan 26, 2015, 10:16 AM [ in reply to The fact that Logan Thomas is still in the league and not ]

LT is the most inaccurate qb I've ever seen on shorter passes. LOng ones arent anything great either

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2015, 9:34 AM

Still pulling for him. Keep your head up, Tajh. One of my all time favorite Clemson players.

Jan 26, 2015, 10:50 AM

Best wishes for Tajh. I feel that he can be in the NFL. He is the type to work for it.

Jan 26, 2015, 10:57 AM

He couldn't beat the coots with all the talent he had around him.

So, bring him back as a coach.

Jan 26, 2015, 11:09 AM

First class all the way! Proud that he is a tiger and wish nothing but the best for him. Ryan's "favor" really hurt Tajh. He would have been much better undrafted and gone the free agent route. If that would have happened I have no doubt he would have been picked up by a team that could have used his talents.

Being drafted late does no player any good. Only keeps the NFL monopoly alive and well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2015, 11:56 AM

My same feeling and thoughts about the favor thing. That's one of those favors that when it's all said and done, you look back and say please don't do me anymore favors!!! With friends like that, you really can't afford to have any enemy's!!! I can't help but to wonder, if Rex's son wasn't at Clemson, would Tajh have been drafted by the Jets....

Jan 26, 2015, 12:51 PM

Wishing you the best of luck pursuing your dream of the NFL. If things don't go your way, there's no disgrace in the CFL. If you do well there, maybe the NFL will come calling. Good luck with your foundation and keep us posted on Tigernet. Enjoy your appearances on TV and radio, and keep up the good work . GO TIGERS!!!

Maybe I'm stupid, but wouldn't TB fit in with the Panthers?

Jan 26, 2015, 1:11 PM

It seems like he could run the same offense as sCam Newton...Shotgun, hand off a lot, run occasionally. Shirley he can throw as well as Newton was at the end of the season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tajh just couldn't make his progressions at the pro level

Jan 27, 2015, 1:42 PM

I understood that Tajh just couldn't make his progressions at the pro level. This would explain being cut before season start and limited playing time in pre-season. If this is true, it just doesn't seem that (only) work-outs are the solution. The best coaches must know this and know how to teach it.

He has a great arm. Is TOUGH. Can make every throw.

Am I missing something?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic