Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe German. But IPTAY raising prices again..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Maybe German. But IPTAY raising prices again..

Nov 12, 2018, 4:16 PM

That’s twice recently and up 600 in last few years. Considering the seats won’t get any better and essentially you’re only paying for parking, what’s their angle here. I don’t get it. We have more money than ever coming in from the CFP etc. why bend the fans over more.

Don’t give me a line about supporting the team and facilities. I’ve had season tickets since the day I graduated. But it’s getting to the point where they are going to price the long time people/fans out and trade it for big money short term donors. Just my opinion. Don’t have to agree with me but needed to vent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe German. But IPTAY raising prices again..

Nov 12, 2018, 4:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Nov 12, 2018, 4:22 PM

Lol. Love the graph. Funny thing is people may just drop donations to only cover their seat equity and say screw parking... then the new big money donors with upper deck tickets stop giving... them what.

Better off raising seat equity and get those people taking 8 tickets off a small donation to pay up. Not the people taking 2-4. That seems more fair to me..

look at average donation per ticket... not total level given.

Year after next - 2020 season***

Nov 12, 2018, 4:21 PM

Re: Year after next - 2020 season***

Nov 12, 2018, 4:26 PM

Good call. Was so annoyed reading the nice pamphlet didn’t catch that. Point still stands.. maybe they’ll realize a better way before then..

the changes only affect parking. .

Nov 12, 2018, 4:22 PM

no change to seat equity.

I ask for worse parking than my donation level so the only change for me will be the color of the iptay sticker.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nov 12, 2018, 4:47 PM

I couldn’t tell you the last time I paid for parking. Got my hidden spot and have no problem walking a mile. Been solid for a few years now

Nov 12, 2018, 4:56 PM

I’ve noticed a massive uptick of people parking around the old pit and side or perimeter last few years.. have to imagine it’s park of it. When I was in school, Strom was open parking. It’s changed a lot

^^^ ditto this ^^^ I park FREE at the SC Welcome Center

Nov 12, 2018, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe German. But IPTAY raising prices again.. ]

on I85 and swim up to the west side of the campus. I’m in and out in under a day and IPTAY gets ZIP from me for parking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: ^^^ ditto this ^^^ I park FREE at the SC Welcome Center

Nov 12, 2018, 5:24 PM

Now the mystery is solved. I thought I was seeing a huge catfish going to a football game.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 5:34 PM

Their angle is to get as much money as they can, while they can.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 12, 2018, 6:41 PM

can we get a link for this?

CFP money doesn’t go as far as you think splitting it 15 ways

Nov 12, 2018, 6:50 PM

But they know people will pay it and if they don’t they have a long list of people that are trying to.

Would also imagine it will go to some new facility or the lakeside football dorm that will be a huge recruiting piece. Not necessarily a fan of it but it’s easy to see why it’s happening.

Nov 12, 2018, 7:03 PM

Got to pay for that new $20,000,000 IPTAY office to house that ever expanding IPTAY staff!

We should give this post a number.

Nov 12, 2018, 7:45 PM

Let's call it "Ole Number 7." Ole Number 7 is the generic whiney post that comes out every time the price of Clemson football goes up.

Ole Number 7 always has the same elements.

A)Clemson never thinks about the loyal fans who bought tickets when we played badly.
B)With all the money rolling in, it's a shame the school keeps raising the price and now I can barely afford it.
c)When all the good ole fans have been priced out of the market, and the team has a bad year or two, they are going to hate the half empty stadium that has priced itself out of a crowd.
D) Daddy graduated in 1937 and he cannot afford the tickets. They don't care about Daddy the way they once did.
E) Whine, #####, moan and groan over whatever the latest increase is.
F) And what about the poor students who cannot get into the game?

Next time you're tempted to complain about the price of football going up, just right "Ole Number 7"
and then ####. We'll know what you mean and we are tired of hearing it. If you cannot afford the increase in price, then start selling your tickets on Stubhub to the highest bidder. You will make money and we will not have to listen to you moan and groan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic