Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Feaster, enough time?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 6,229

Feaster, enough time?

Sep 12, 2017, 3:32 PM

Does anyone else feel like if Feaster got enough series in a row, he would turn into that "Gallman-like" running back Dabo keeps talking about?

I feel like splitting the time between three or four RBs guarantees that all of them will be "good" and none of them will be "great."

Did anyone else feel like during Dabo's Louisville presser that every reporter wanted to ask him why Feaster wasn't get more playing time? "Is he pass blocking better."

Dabo does a better job of ducking Feaster questions then anyone I've ever seen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Feaster, enough time?

Sep 12, 2017, 3:35 PM

Is that you , Momma Feaster ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

At the end of the day...

Sep 12, 2017, 3:39 PM

Dabo doesn't have to answer any questions about a particular persons playing time.

That is a matter between Dabo and the individual player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yeah but...

Sep 12, 2017, 5:53 PM

the press conference was in the morning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point !!!***

Sep 12, 2017, 6:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 12, 2017, 3:42 PM

Running back by committee needs to end. Find a horse and start riding him. Putting someone in occasionally to give the starter a breather is fine. But our backs don't get a chance to get into any rhythm.

Sep 12, 2017, 3:45 PM

Amen!

I feel like Fuller has had his shot. Choice played well on Saturday, but lacks the big play ability. Give my son a chance! (jk)

Sep 12, 2017, 3:45 PM

Unless we start consistently dropping back to Bowden-like mediocrity, I won't question anything that this staff does.

Sep 12, 2017, 8:00 PM

If it wasn't for a Bowden RB Spiller Dabo legacy wouldn't exist. Dabo has done a great job but he has done this over and over play the upperclassman waited his turn card like with COLE Stoudt and it was so obvious Deshaun after the first pass he threw against Georgia that it was time for COLE to sit down. I think we should just give Feaster the start this week his the biggest and fasted back and he can catch the ball no reason not to use him and use Adam choice and Fuller but they should become gloried fullbacks and bring Travis along and spring him free too to spell Feaster and on some third down situations. Not a coach here but it's what the New England Patriots do and it works!

Sep 12, 2017, 3:46 PM

Were you using another handle two weeks ago to ##### about KB getting the starting job?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Obviously if we'd just give the ball to Feaster more

Sep 12, 2017, 5:08 PM

We'd be 2-0 now instead of . . . .

Oh wait.

Re: Obviously if we'd just give the ball to Feaster more

Sep 12, 2017, 8:03 PM

Yea but no reason not to play a guy getting 5 yards a touch. He's proven in game that he's is just better and always has a forward lean and I doubt that guy catches him from the backside to cause that fumble.

The moment Feaster breaks out of his shell and blast through

Sep 12, 2017, 5:19 PM

tackles and stiff arms somebody to pick up extra yards he'll be the starter. I think its toughness and shying away from contact that is keeping him from taking over. Its def. not ability b/c he has that. Go back last year and watch Gallman fight for extra yards on every carry and on goal-lines. Feaster ain't doing that...may not have it in him.

Etienne has it but needs time to get the playbook and the ins and outs ironed out. But that kid has that Gallman factor you speak of with speed.

Re: The moment Feaster breaks out of his shell and blast through

Sep 12, 2017, 5:53 PM

Go watch his three Auburn runs, he pushed the pile and ran through contact.

Back to the OP's point, we can't know if he doesn't get the carries.

~this~"Go watch his three Auburn runs, he pushed the pile.."

Sep 12, 2017, 7:52 PM

Go watch his three Auburn runs, he pushed the pile and ran through contact.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The moment Feaster breaks out of his shell and blast through

Sep 12, 2017, 5:57 PM [ in reply to The moment Feaster breaks out of his shell and blast through ]

I agree with you about ETN ... he's got the "it" factor and might even be the starter next year. I also agree with you about Gallman - his yards after contact must be the highest for any RB in Clemson history.

I think my frustration stems from the fact that I feel (and no, I'm not a championship winning coach) that Feaster would be more productive then Fuller. I think he's the only home-run threat back we have (except for ETN, of course).

Sep 12, 2017, 6:09 PM

If a team is struggling and losing games I think it's appropriate to question coaching decisions. But when a staff is winning games the way Dabo's staff has the past few years I say let them do their thing. I have no idea why feaster isn't getting more touches but I know there has to be a legitimate reason. These coaches are going to put the players on the field that give them the best chance of winning and they've proven they're pretty darn good at it.

Sep 13, 2017, 6:38 AM

> If a team is struggling and losing games I think it's
> appropriate to question coaching decisions. But when
> a staff is winning games the way Dabo's staff has the
> past few years I say let them do their thing. I have
> no idea why feaster isn't getting more touches but I
> know there has to be a legitimate reason. These
> coaches are going to put the players on the field
> that give them the best chance of winning and they've
> proven they're pretty darn good at it.

I agree with this...The last 2 years Clemson was 28-2 with a NC win, and a 2nd place. Feaster actually went to my Alma Mater Spartanburg High School, so I want him to do well. Feaster is not even the best running back to come out of that High School. The best from there was Stephen Davis Sr. who later played for Auburn, Washington Redskins, and Carolina Panthers where he finished third in NFL MVP voting and played in the Superbowl. In my opinion, an earlier running back from there was even better than him named Carnie Norris III. Unfortunately Carnie Norris III chose to go to the University of Georgia...big mistake. He was the back up running back there to a guy named Hershel Walker, so he mostly kept the bench warm. He later lost control of his life, and I think he finally went to prison for murder...very sad, as he went to Spartanburg high when I did, and to this day I've never seen a faster runner of that age. He was nearly Usain Bolt fast, and his life went to crap because he was Hershal Walker's backup and received no press.

there was definitely some irritation from dabo

Sep 12, 2017, 6:12 PM

dabo also was saying if u fumble u wont see PT, but that wasnt seemingly true

also got irritated at a very valid question of letting a rb go multiple series in a row to get lathered up

not sure what else has to happen for feaster to break through except string of tds

Maybe Feaster hasn't developed like people thought he was.

Sep 12, 2017, 6:15 PM

Etienne is the only back that has shown true star potential. Choice and Fuller are great second and third options. I think the coaching staffed assumed Feaster would fall into the number 1 guy but hasn't. If he doesn't win it this year he might not ever be that number 1 guy. Once Etienne learns to block I don't see him not being on the field.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Re: Maybe Feaster hasn't developed like people thought he was.

Sep 13, 2017, 12:46 AM

Yet this is only
Conjecture you haven't seen it just what they tell you. Feaster bust a big play they say nothing about it. Maybe he should transfer to Georgia or Alabama he might get to carry the football. That's why we've missed on some rbs is because they don't think they function is to run the ball they think it's to block for the qb and no five star in their right mind would come to Clemson to be a glorified pocket protector.

Remember whe. Sony Michele wanted to come to Clemson as his dream school he would have killed it at Clemson as a receiver/ back but he wouldn't have come to just block he would say "I can block but I'm also a weapon and you can throw screens out rod the backfield to me too and stop 50/50 bubble tunnel screens cause this"

I just wonder how long the OC situation will last here.... the next qb coming in is gonna rewrite the record books again. I just wonder if I rather have Malzahn calling the plays cause he will be looking for a job soon! LOL!

RB almost feels like Safe Punt Return

Sep 12, 2017, 6:22 PM

Where we just fair catch the ball to ensure pissession for the last what seems like forever after you had spiller and ford making waves on returns.

Clearly, Feaster & Ettienne are the best natural runners and you need carries to get a feel for the flow of the game and the vision of the defense on the shape of different plays.

Choice/Fuller is the safe mutual fund 5% per year return but your never going to souble your money. Not going to loose that much either.

I'm sure they will play more when its not a 1 possession game.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great analogy. I agree!***

Sep 12, 2017, 8:07 PM

I just saw that Feasted had the most snaps if anybody

Sep 12, 2017, 6:36 PM

Since he had the least carries (and the most yards) I assume his pass blocking is getting sufficient.

I expect to see more of him this week.

Re: I just saw that Feasted had the most snaps if anybody

Sep 12, 2017, 6:42 PM

I understand there are reasons he hasn't played, but after seeing him against AU, I'm hoping he gets the ball more.

Re: I just saw that Feasted had the most snaps if anybody

Sep 12, 2017, 8:02 PM [ in reply to I just saw that Feasted had the most snaps if anybody ]

I agree Spud . I think he will begin to see more and more of the field . He is fastest , most elusive back we have right now and I think he might just be ready to go full speed .
We'll see.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 12, 2017, 7:46 PM

Nobody running on Auburn, I'll hold judgements until afther LosersVille game.

5 yards a carry not bad...far better than the other two rb's***

Sep 12, 2017, 7:54 PM

Some good posts. Would CJ Spiller be allowed to play in 2017

Sep 12, 2017, 8:10 PM

His blocking was sometimes weak, he bounced a lot of plays to the outside with his speed, and he was our best player. But he was not tough like Wayne Gallman and many Ford backs. So would our current coaches make Spiller the starter in this post-Watson post-Gallman season? It's a fair question with no obvious answer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some good posts. Would CJ Spiller be allowed to play in 2017

Sep 12, 2017, 8:55 PM

Now that's a good question. How did Spiller do in his first game? I can't remember and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Sep 12, 2017, 11:33 PM

my recollection is that spilled was frustrating for the first season or two. he was obviously accustomed to being "the guy" and showed immediate signs of talent, but he often danced a bit in the backfield as his lanes closed. then, one day,he just started hitting the holes. that's when he went from promising to reliable

Sep 13, 2017, 6:13 AM [ in reply to Some good posts. Would CJ Spiller be allowed to play in 2017 ]

Okay, back to SocMan2's question. After some thought, I tried to recall CJ's Freshman year.

It was awesome.

I can't remember the first game (against FAU), but the second game at BC, Spiller had the one catch in the flat where he tore BC's team apart for about 65-80 yards. This is the same year as his GT double juke move (the same game Thunder and Lightning was coined). He also had a great game against South Carolina (although we lost at home). AND we would have lost that Wake Forest game if not for two things: Gaines Adams amazing forced fumble TD return and CJ Spiller's long TD run (in which he BROKE a tackle and took it down the sideline). Also, There was a little dancing in the hole, BUT it led to huge runs (see GT, South Carolina, etc.)

My point... he got the snaps even though we had a feature RB in James Davis. To Dabo's credit, he is giving Feaster snaps, but I think not enough plays are designed around him like Bowden designed around CJ and James Davis.

FYI, for those that are curious, it was CJ's Sophomore year that he slumped a bit.

Yes.

Sep 12, 2017, 9:02 PM

No.

and

No

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes.

Sep 13, 2017, 6:31 AM

Comparing CJ Spiller to our current scenario isn't helpful. He had James Davis starting ahead of him. That made all the difference. But, remember that he almost transferred to Florida after his first year. Playing time was an issue in his mind, splitting carries with Davis.

Replies: 33
| visibility 6,229
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic