Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
John Kincaid on CBS radio absolutely railing on Texans and the "offended" culture. Good.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

John Kincaid on CBS radio absolutely railing on Texans and the "offended" culture. Good.

Oct 29, 2017, 6:55 AM

So weary of unjustifiable whining by prominent sports figures. It's like a sheep crying wolf – it will cheapen the legitimacy of a justifiable protest when and if it becomes necessary. Meanwhile, McNair is a man who has donated $100 million to medical research at Baylor. $100 million.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: John Kincaid on CBS radio absolutely railing on Texans and the "offended" culture. Good.

Oct 29, 2017, 7:04 AM

Bingo!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Baylor should use that money to reseach a cure for

Oct 29, 2017, 7:15 AM

Butthurtitis.

It is at epidemic levels in this country.

or how not encourage a culture of sexual assault***

Oct 29, 2017, 10:47 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Texans are discussing a double-secret protest

Oct 29, 2017, 7:25 AM

today. Somehow I doubt it involves burning their paychecks

The important question is will he be fired

Oct 29, 2017, 7:32 AM

today, or will they do a thorough investigation and fire him tomorrow?

Re: The important question is will he be fired

Oct 29, 2017, 8:06 AM

Maybe they will take the team from him . They did that to Marge Shott because they were offended by what she said. Now granted she did say some bad stuff

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should change USA to USO***

Oct 29, 2017, 8:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: John Kincaid on CBS radio absolutely railing on Texans and the "offended" culture. Good.

Oct 29, 2017, 8:47 AM

And the TD is accompanied by zero intelligent discourse. Ah, the Tnets. *sigh*

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Don't let the ######## get you down...***

Oct 29, 2017, 9:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's on if your against the first amendment***

Oct 29, 2017, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: John Kincaid on CBS radio absolutely railing on Texans and the "offended" culture. Good. ]

It's you are or you're and he's exercising his right to

Oct 29, 2017, 10:51 AM

speak freely also. The 1st Amendment does not provide protection from others exercising it as well.

It's really sorta how it's supposed to work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

then why are you offended and whining on here about it?

Oct 29, 2017, 9:36 AM

You don't want their offended opinions and whining to interfere with your NFL experience. I don't want yours or theirs offended opinions and whining to interfere with my TNet experience.

Re: then why are you offended and whining on here about it?

Oct 29, 2017, 10:38 AM

I'm not offended or whining at all, TigerDave. I want football to be football, business to be business, and hyperemotionalism to stop. That's really it. These demonstrative actions with which we are so familiar are not offensive to me personally, but they and their resulting cultural banter fatigue me. I have no need to meet argument with counterargument - I'd just like the noise to stop altogether. Noise diverts attention from true matters worthy of activism.

GO TIGERS

so you're saying professional athletes aren't free citizens outside of sports...

Oct 29, 2017, 10:50 AM

You would fit in nicely in Russia

Re: so you're saying professional athletes aren't free citizens outside of sports...

Oct 29, 2017, 12:21 PM

Who in the world reads any of my posted opinion and draws the immediate conclusion that "athletes are not free citizens outside of sports?" The entire discussion is about what is going on within sports. Your question is a total shift from the basic premise of my statements. It baffles me, man.

GO TIGERS

You have no comprehension skills at all

Oct 29, 2017, 12:32 PM [ in reply to so you're saying professional athletes aren't free citizens outside of sports... ]

You are so myopic that you have no ability to actually see the global reasoning of the op. You are agenda driven, your agenda. The lack of real ideas from liberal snowflakes is the reason you have Trump as your president. You are just perpetuating that, and I love it because it means many more elections that go in our favor.

Keep on being the party of the offended. PLEASE!

Who is John Kincaid and is his opinion any better than

Oct 29, 2017, 9:52 AM

anyone else's? Personally, although I sometimes felt like a prisoner at my job, I think I would have been PO'ed to hear my boss tell me that he considered me one.PS Get used to TD's here if you discuss politics, a lot of people use them here to show their displeasure with your opinion, be it left, right, or in between, if it disagrees with theirs. I don't because I think that words are more effective and interesting than anonymous attempts to shut down another;s freedom of speech.

Re: Who is John Kincaid and is his opinion any better than

Oct 29, 2017, 12:58 PM

TU for you, walrus - I can respect an appeal to the potentially inflammatory nature of a casual comment spoken inconsiderately. Conflict is inevitable, and in many, many cases leads to growth and understanding. Overreactions and escalations, however, are often far more damaging to all parties involved, resulting in polarization rather than restoration of relationships.

I'm well acquainted with the TD–happy opinors, unfortunately. I'm sure this response is egregious enough to warrant another one…

It's a pleasure to have a reasonable debate. Thank you.

GO TIGERS

Thank You, and I TU'ed you because..

Oct 29, 2017, 1:08 PM

I enjoy an honorable person with an opinion, even though it might differ from my own.

Re: Thank You, and I TU'ed you because..

Oct 29, 2017, 1:24 PM

I'm right with ya on that point.

GO TIGERS

LOL - So some are offended about others being offended?***

Oct 29, 2017, 9:52 AM

I'm sure they have that right, just as you do to question it

Oct 29, 2017, 10:20 AM

It's all good or it's not and if not, then when does it end?

No offense taken ??***

Oct 29, 2017, 11:09 AM

See, you're getting better already. I hope the rest take

Oct 29, 2017, 11:12 AM

note of your shining example.

Have a great one Tropical.

Stop pulling for Clemson then, if you're not going to support our players...

Oct 29, 2017, 10:45 AM

That is straight up cootish. So go move to Olympia in Cootlumbia and have fun pulling for your new team

Re: Stop pulling for Clemson then, if you're not going to support our players...

Oct 29, 2017, 1:21 PM

Being a Clemson player does not absolve one from making mature decisions, and being a Clemson alum does not preclude me from questioning a former player's opinions and conduct. I believe by "cootish" you mean "discerning." Your statement implies that if I differ in opinion from a former Clemson player, I should no longer be a Clemson fan. Big words, amigo - without reasonable basis, but big nonetheless. Coaches should stop being fans as well since they often discipline players for their behavior, right?

You "supported" Ammon Lakip? You "supported" Duane Coleman's pot use? And any other objectionable behavior by a player at any time? Obviously some are criminal acts, but are you not otherwise painting with a broad brush in your assessment of my allegiances? Why not invite your other philosophical leaps upon yourself?

GO TIGERS

Baylor the "Christian" university that condones rape***

Oct 29, 2017, 10:46 AM

aaah, and now the hatred for christians reveals itself. i

Oct 29, 2017, 12:39 PM

know they are just the scourge of society aren't they

Re: aaah, and now the hatred for christians reveals itself. i

Oct 29, 2017, 12:47 PM

It's not so much hatred of Christians – it's just the simple logic that because McNair donated to medical research, he is a rapist. #amidoingitright

GO TIGERS

Re: aaah, and now the hatred for christians reveals itself. i

Oct 29, 2017, 1:05 PM

If you were doing it right, this thread would be posted on a board other than the one designated for Clemson football topics. I, too, am fatigued. Pro board? Politics?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic