Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
God called one of his people home yesterday afternoon
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

God called one of his people home yesterday afternoon

Jan 7, 2015, 7:16 AM

So many of you passed on prayers and good will a couple of weeks ago when I asked for your help. yesterday afternoon Jack Smith went home. He is no longer hurting and is no doubt 100% at peace. One of the things that he and my mom smiled about over the last couple of weeks was reading all of your prayer comments , and we wanted you to know how much it was appreciated. My brother just texted me that his pastor just reminded him that Dad just receieved the greatest trophy of his "career" , Amen and Amen!

here was the prayer request from Dec 15th.

Guys can you help out a fellow Tiger with a prayer request  [45]    | View Original Thread |
 Ppwosted: Dec 15, 2014 10:03 PM 
I don't post a lot of personal stuff here, but it is time to circle the wagons. 

My Dad played for Frank Howard in the late 50's including the Astro Blue Bonnet Bowl and the 1959 Sugar Bowl. 

He is "a Clemson man that needs no introduction". Clemson has been a huge part of our families life forever. My older sister was born while he was a player at Clemson and they were living in the duplexes (married student housing). 

There are so many stories I could relay. He retired to Lake Murray, and eventually moved to Pendleton, where he and a lot of other old timers seem to migrate. He is the Epiphany of a Clemson man. He has battled multiple heart attacks , at least two bouts of cancer, and a very rare blood disorder (Polycythemia vera).

He has fought everyone of these health problems with the same fervor that he approached football, parenting, being a good neighbor, walking in his faith , and enjoying life.

He still goes to Dabo's Tuesday press conferences with some of the other old timers when his health allows, and then he and the other old guys hold court over lunch afterwards at a local restaurant. 

The last few years have been tough as they have lost friends and struggled to be able to enjoy all that goes on in and around Clemson. Dad has just about lost his vision , which has really added to a state of depression. Way too many of us take things for granted , and by doing so miss so much enjoyment.

Dad was taken by ambulance tonight , from pendleton to An Med in Anderson. I am way out in Scottsdale, my younger brother is on a business trip in California , and my sister is in West Virgina. Don't misunderstand, they are surrounded by their Church and Clemson family and are in good hands.

Every time I have seen a prayer request on here, I have paused and thrown one up! I want some prayers returned for my Dad tonight! He is tired, he is sick and he needs some prayers of encouragement. 

Prayers are really appreciated, and I know prayer works! Please pray for him and my mom as she tries to keep things, keeping on.

Take a minute and say a prayer or two for "Jack "Buffalo" Smith" and Judy Smith tonight(#71 defensive tackle). 

He was and is a big part of what makes Clemson a special place.If any locals bump in to Dabo let him know an ex player needs a bit of a pep talk aimed at getting Dad positive and focusing on fighting fighting another battle.

Message was edited by: EssoClub2®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Major condolences to you & your family. Mr. Smith was quite

Jan 7, 2015, 7:21 AM

obviously a fine Clemson gentleman and father.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Peace be with you and yours.****

Jan 7, 2015, 7:24 AM

Amen

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: God called one of his people home yesterday afternoon

Jan 7, 2015, 7:34 AM

Condolances. Sounds like a heck of a man.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2015, 7:34 AM

Our condolences to Mrs. Judy and your family. My mother lived around the corner from Mr. Jack and Mrs. Judy on Lake Murray. They were always to most welcoming, kind and friendly people in the area to Mom.

The last time I saw them was at Tigerama, only a few short years ago. Mr. Jack saw us first and spoke.

Please know that the family is in my family's prayers, and Mr. Jack is in a far better place.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Great post "ESSOCLUB2", & R.I.P. TiGER Jack "Buffalo" Smith!

Jan 7, 2015, 7:41 AM

Thanks JACK for your long-running loyalty & patronage to Clemson College! GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2015, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Re: God called one of his people home yesterday afternoon ]

Thanks so much , I will pass it along.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God answered the prayers for your Dad in the greatest

Jan 7, 2015, 7:39 AM

way possible for him. As you said, he now is experiencing ultimate never ending joy, instead of being in constant pain. My deepest sympathies to you and your family as you continue on, until that great day when you will see him again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry to hear about your loss...

Jan 7, 2015, 7:49 AM

Very happy he is wrapped in the love of Jesus!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

My prayer for all people is

Jan 7, 2015, 7:54 AM

the importance to accept Jesus Christ as their Savior. This is the only way to have peace
and to be called home by God. Prayers go out to the family! God Bless YOU!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May God Bless Your Family during the coming days and weeks!

Jan 7, 2015, 8:19 AM

I will remember Your Dad, Mom and family in my prayers, sounds like another Great Clemson Man!

Jan 7, 2015, 8:36 AM

Prayers for you and your family Esso.

Jan 7, 2015, 10:07 AM

Rest in peace.

Jan 7, 2015, 10:16 AM

Your dad has his heavenly reward. I'm praying for those of you left behind. May the Holy Spirit wrap you all in His loving arms and give you peace as you celebrate your dad's "homecoming".

I will be praying for you and your family.

Jan 7, 2015, 10:22 AM

Now that your father is with Jesus Christ he will have peace and joy for eternity.

I know God will provide you with his strength through the difficult times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2015, 11:01 AM

My condolences and praying for the family.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic