Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Taking my girls to Clemson tomorrow.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,998

Taking my girls to Clemson tomorrow.

Jul 22, 2013, 10:10 PM

Annual summer trip to show them around campus. Going to get their picture with my name in the class of 89 sidewalk. Show the where mama and daddy lived while we were there. Walk down Main. Get a milkshake. Probably buy some new t-shirts or hairbows or whatever they want that's orange. Just part of the process of having them fall in love with the place too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Taking my girls to Clemson tomorrow.

Jul 22, 2013, 10:14 PM

Everyone remembers their first visits to Clemson (if it is their first.) It's a special moment for many, because that is the moment when it "clicks" that Clemson is a great place and it just sticks with you. I took my first visit later than many as a high school senior but I knew as soon as I saw Clemson it would be my new home one way or another. There aren't many places like it.

My first visit was in late 1950's to Tigerama - I remember

Jul 22, 2013, 10:56 PM

fireworks and I believe we were in the stadium --- Some 1st cousins took me. I only see these cousins on rare occasions, so I don't know how it came to be that I was so lucky to get to be there that night. Between that and another 1st cousin bringing me a Clemson College t-shirt at about that same time, I was a Clemson Tiger from that day forward. Every day of my school life from grades 1-12, I was getting ready for Clemson and received a EE degree in 1975.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mmmhhh..my name is on side walk too in 89..

Jul 22, 2013, 11:03 PM

August? May?

May***

Jul 23, 2013, 6:39 AM

My first time in Clemson was

Jul 22, 2013, 11:12 PM

the 2003 game versus Duke. It's hard to believe my senior year at Clemson starts this August. It was that day with my dad, at that game that got me hooked.

I first took my children Clemson for Tigerama...

Jul 23, 2013, 6:48 AM

23 years ago. Yesterday I found out my two yr old who made that trip will enroll for next spring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have a great time! Last year I was showing the family my

Jul 23, 2013, 8:16 AM

name in the sidewalk...only problem was a bird had pooped all over it. Gotta be some sort of sign :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

How did you get your name in the sidewalk?

Jul 23, 2013, 8:20 AM

I know that sounds ignorant for someone who's graduated from Clemson but I ran through like my butt was on fire. 3 years after a 2 quarter stint at G'ville Tech.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had the highest GPA ever in accounting. Srsly, '89 grads

Jul 23, 2013, 8:24 AM

(centennial year) could get their names etched in the sidewalk for a small fee (was either $5 or $5,000, don't remember which).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I probably got one and didn't know it.

Jul 23, 2013, 8:58 AM

I know I gave Clemson enough money and I had the lowest GPR of anyone in the history of the College of Art and Arch.

Recond they turned mine upside down to show their contempt?

Names of Clemson grads with GPRs below a certain point are

Jul 23, 2013, 9:07 AM

etched into the side of Willy Brice Stadium. Sorry to have to break that news to you...

centennial class..clemson est in 1889...100 years

Jul 23, 2013, 9:04 AM [ in reply to How did you get your name in the sidewalk? ]

later equal name on sidewalk.

Clemson just got a TCBY!***

Jul 23, 2013, 8:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

IHOP too.. : )***

Jul 23, 2013, 9:05 AM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,998
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic