»
Topic: Matt Canada called a great game against us but
Replies: 3   Last Post: Dec 31, 2016 12:18 PM by: bjalexan
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3  

Matt Canada called a great game against us but

Posted: Dec 31, 2016 11:54 AM

you don't just become all-world overnight. He had plenty of time at NC State to recreate what he did at Wisky and N. Illinois.

I think what he has is working at Pitt because of smart fullbacks and tight ends that teams are underestimating. Once folks key in on those positions, I think his success tapers back to what we saw at NC State--a standard pro set with some movement.

Wish the guy well at LSU, but they won't become all-powerful with this hire.

2020 student level member

Re: Matt Canada called a great game against us but

Posted: Dec 31, 2016 11:56 AM

You just would think the way LSU recruits they could field a decent offense. Yet it always seems to be beyond them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Dec 31, 2016 11:58 AM

I think the guy is a great offensive coordinator. He took us to school 2 years in a row, not something to underappreciate against a Brent V defense with the talent we have. He is great at creating favorable matchups, which is what being a good play caller is all about.

Posted: Dec 31, 2016 12:18 PM

Yeah, I agree that he's the real deal. At LSU, he will have the best athletes to run his system. Plus he will have the benefit of a great defense to continue to give his offense more opportunities. I expect LSU to be a really good offense over the next few years. But they will have to find a QB that can be a consistent passer.

Replies: 3  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
730 people have read this post