Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Matchup Comparison LSU vs. Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Matchup Comparison LSU vs. Clemson

Dec 27, 2012, 11:25 AM

LSU Qb and Receivers versus Clemson Secondary:Mettenburger had a slower start to the season than most LSU fans had hoped for, but he has really picked it up the second half of the year with impressive games against Bama, Ole Miss and Miss. St. LSU receivers had the dropsies to start out, but lately Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry have been great. Clemson's secondary is poor and given up a ton of yards all year. Advantage LSU

LSU Running Backs versus Clemson LinebackersLSU will rotate four running backs in and out. Ware and Hillaird will pound Clemson, then Ford and Hill will break the long runs. Hill is the most complete back and will get the most carries even though he is a freshman. Clemson linebackers have been inconsistent. Major Advantage LSU

LSU O-Line versus Clemson D-LineLSU had some line trouble early in the season losing Chris Faulk, Lonergan for a while, and Alex Hurst. The backups struggled at first, but have come around. The two true freshman on the right side have been nicknamed Bull & Dozer. Clemson's D-Line is weak and has trouble putting pressure on the QB and stopping the run. Advantage LSU

Clemson QB & Receivers versus LSU SecondaryClemson has a very nice passing game. Boyd has nice chemistry with Watkins and Hopkins. Both receivers are very explosive. LSU has a true freshman starting at one corner and a projected 2nd-3rd rounder at the other corner. The safeties are a big time hitter in Craig Loston and a 1st team All American in Eric Reid. There is a ton of talent in this matchup. Push

Clemson RB's versus LSU LinebackersAndre Ellington is a very nice back. He has a little over 1,000 yards this season. LSU's linebacker corp was a question mark going into the season with Tahj Jones out for the regular season with grades. Kevin Minter has been a stud at MLB. He is an all SEC linebacker with a borderline 1st round draft grade. Tahj Jones will be back after making the grades this semester. Kwon Alexander is also back from injury. Slight Advantage LSU

Clemson O-Line versus LSU D-lineClemson's O-line is prone to giving up sacks. LSU has a d-line with 2 top 15 picks in Mingo and Montgomery. It also boasts a projected second rounder in Bennie Logan and a stud underclassmen in Freak Johnson. LSU rotates 8 guys on the d-line with Edwards, Rasco, Ferguson, and Agayahere also getting playing time. Major Advantage LSU

Special Teams LSU lost Brad Wing for the game due to drugs. His replacement is another Aussie who can boot it. Drew Alleman hasn't had as good of year as 2011, but he is still a reliable kicker. Odell Beckham has been great on punt returns. Clemson has a better kicker in Catanzaro, but the return game has been weaker than expected. Slight Advantage LSU

Coaching Miles is an upper echelon coach. He plays the media into thinking he is an aw shucks kind of guy, but he wins games at an unbelievable level. Miles has an 85-20 record at LSU with 5 top 10 finishes in 7 seasons, and a bcs championship in 2 appearances. Dabo is a serviceable coach with an ACC championship. He has been poor in bowl game prep. A great matchup will be Chad Morris versus John Chavis. Both are top notch coordinators. With this much time to prepare, defense usually wins. Advantage LSU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone who takes this guy's bait is wasting their energy.***

Dec 27, 2012, 11:32 AM

null

What do you disagree with?

Dec 27, 2012, 11:35 AM

This is a very fair assessment. I would like to see where someone thinks I am wrong.

Re: What do you disagree with?

Dec 27, 2012, 12:00 PM

Count me in that boat/the boat who thinks your an idiot.

null

No way are WR's and your DB's a push

Dec 27, 2012, 12:19 PM [ in reply to What do you disagree with? ]

We have you there buddy. 1st rounder or not, talent wise - Clemson all day at WR.

By far the best group you've seen this year.

Clemson has 2 nice wr's

Dec 27, 2012, 2:23 PM

Hopkins was an all acc player this season and a 3rd team all american. Eric Reid was an all sec player and a 2nd team all american. Jalen Mills was a first team all freshman team player in the country as well.

Simon a projected 2nd-3rd rounder will be matchup up with Hopkins. These are two future pros.

Mills/Collins both all freshman team players will be matched up with Watkins. All are future pros.

LSU also has Reid at safety who is a projected 1st rounder and Loston who lays the lumber.

This is clearly a push.

that's kind of riduculous

Dec 27, 2012, 4:32 PM

a guy who's an "all-freshman" pick doesn't match-up with a guy who, as a freshman, was also a first team All-American. Then Clemson has a deep stable of WRs who also make big plays. Based on your recent results against the pass, I would say Clemson has the clear advantage there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A freshman all american from this year

Dec 27, 2012, 4:34 PM

matches up with a freshman all american from last year. Sounds like a push to me.

I know Sammy made the freshman all american

Dec 27, 2012, 4:35 PM

team and the normal all american team. Overall this matchup should be a great one. It may decide the outcome of the game. I can see either unit getting the victory. That's why I went with push.

just another unemployed, time-wasting, inbred LSU fan...***

Dec 27, 2012, 12:24 PM [ in reply to What do you disagree with? ]

Wrong on all accounts

Dec 27, 2012, 2:23 PM

You are pretty good at being wrong.

Deceived, Drunk , Dumb, or all three?

nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once again, what do you disagree with?***

Re: Once again, what do you disagree with?***

Dec 27, 2012, 11:39 AM

Just wait until after the game and see if your post rings true! We'll all know come New Years Eve around 11:30pm who has the upper hand! BTW, I have it as Clemson 32 LSU 19.

I don't even know why we should show up?

Dec 27, 2012, 11:41 AM

Exeept to kick the H#LL out of them!

You Sir are Ignorant....

Dec 27, 2012, 11:43 AM

Ill informed... SEC homeboy.... Just because we play in the ACC doesnt mean we will give up....... YOU ARE PATHETIC... GO TO HE!!

TROLL GO Back to TigerDroppings

Will one person tell me which matchup result

Dec 27, 2012, 11:51 AM

they disagree with?

WR - I've also never heard of any of your WR's

Dec 27, 2012, 12:20 PM

And our D-Line doesn't get sacks??

Go back to your board idget.

If you haven't heard of our wide receivers, you must

Dec 27, 2012, 2:25 PM

not watch college football or follow recruiting. Both of our top guys were high 4 star/low 5 star players coming in. Landry had the catch of the year according to espn against Arkansas.

Beckham was a freshman all american last year.

Stick to the wnba if you don't know the names of a top teams wide receivers.

I also said your d-line struggles to get sacks, not that they don't get sacks.

Re: Matchup Comparison LSU vs. Clemson

Quality post. Don't pay any attention to the people hating on it. This was well thought out, factually accurate, and a great discussion starter.

Oh, look! A brand-new coot troll!

Dec 27, 2012, 12:22 PM

Belated Christmas present to Tnet. Goodie.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

SPOT THE BALL!***

Oh hell!

Dec 27, 2012, 11:53 AM

Well I guess we shouldn't have even made the trip to Atl... Maybe the team can go to the big aquarium instead of the dome.

Re: Oh hell!

Dec 27, 2012, 11:56 AM

Quality Aquarium. Don't knock it if you've never been. The team would probably really enjoy it.

bayoulsucajun - You're full of it

Dec 27, 2012, 12:16 PM

I hope you, the LSU players, the LSU fans, and the LSU coaches all think like this. If so, on Dec 31st, you're gonna be in for a rude awakening and a nice slap in the face.

There's one thing about Clemson you need to learn, if nobody gives us respect heading in to a game (just like this bowl game) we always play spoiler.

Don't get your hopes up to high when Nuke, Watkins, and Ellington are burning your so-called ALL SEC defense.

Change of subject - what's the over under for...

Dec 27, 2012, 12:17 PM

the average LSU fans number of teeth in 2012?

Re: bayoulsucajun - You're full of it

Dec 27, 2012, 12:27 PM [ in reply to bayoulsucajun - You're full of it ]

So Clemson isn't any good when people respect them? Is that what you're saying?

Just keep on Stevie...

Dec 27, 2012, 12:46 PM

Oh Stevie's gonna learn...

Oh Hell

Dec 27, 2012, 12:17 PM

I agree, its a really good place to visit. Definately worth the trip to Atlanta.

LOL!

Dec 27, 2012, 12:20 PM

LSU buttlickers vs Clemson buttholes. Major advantage LSU

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Clemson = full set of teeth & LSU = 1 tooth

Dec 27, 2012, 12:21 PM

The Rajun Cajuns are a smart group aren't they.

ULL is the Rajun Cajuns not LSU

Dec 27, 2012, 2:26 PM

Learn team's mascots before you start posting. Go back to the bed, bath and beyond board where you know what you are talking about missy.

When you don't give Clemson a chance, we'll creep up

Dec 27, 2012, 12:23 PM

and smack the taste out of your mouth.

you've posted this incorrect garbage like 4 times

Dec 27, 2012, 12:42 PM

give it up. Clemson has advantages at QB, WR, RB, TE, and maybe at LB versus your young RBs (who have been stopped in multiple games this year). Your QB has also been inaccurate at times, but Clemson's secondary is weak so that might swing in your favor. LSU has advantages on the lines, which are obviously important.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you've posted this incorrect garbage like 4 times

Dec 27, 2012, 2:06 PM

I'd like you to define "stopped" and "multiple".

B/c just looking at stats, LSU's backs have only been stopped once. At Florida. (42 yards, 0 tds). That was also the game that they ran the ball the least (25 carries, next lowest amount is 35).

They also only had 89 yards at Arkansas but they were able to get a TD. Other than that they went over the century mark in 10 games, over 200 in 5 and over 300 in 1. They also scored multiple rushing td's in 7 of those games including 2 games with 4 td's and 1 with 5.

So... do you redact your statement?

...and you're 47th in rushing and 20 ypg behind Clemson

Dec 27, 2012, 4:29 PM

so, no. We were comparing the two teams, and I was obviously right to say you'd been "stopped" multiple times when you only went over 200 yards rushing 6 times this year. By contrast, Clemson went over 100 yards rushing in every game, had 3 games of over 300 rushing and 2 more over 200 yards. If you compare common opponents, Clemson gained 320 yards on the ground against Auburn (52 attempts) while LSU gained 182 (44 attempts, and Clemson gained 145 yards rushing on South Carolina (35 attempts) while LSU gained 258 yards (53 attempts).

It looks to me like Clemson has the better rushing attack, and that LSU's has faltered at times.

Re: ...and you're 47th in rushing and 20 ypg behind Clemson

Dec 27, 2012, 5:37 PM

Just to clarify - this is about whether or not LSU RB's have been stopped multiple times. Rushing over 100 yards is not stopping LSU RB's. If the measure is 200 yards, as you pointed out, LSU has 6 Clemson has 5. So you probably need to stop comparing RB's to RB's right there and get back to the topic of whether or not LSU has been stopped multiple times. If you continue to compare RB's, then perhaps take your QB out of the mix - I'm not knocking him so chill out, but a scrambling QB does not need to be accounted for when comparing RBs. If you take your QB out (who is your 2nd best running threat) you fall 20 yards/game behind LSU. But again, this is not about running attack vs running attack. It's about whether LSU has been "stopped" "multiple" times.

Like Stevie said, and our

Dec 27, 2012, 2:27 PM [ in reply to you've posted this incorrect garbage like 4 times ]

running backs aren't really that young either:
Hill - Freshman
Hilliard - Sophmore
Ware- Junior
Ford - RS Junior

*Sophomore***

Dec 27, 2012, 2:28 PM

Take off those tigerdropping stained glasses***

Dec 27, 2012, 12:43 PM

Coots licking the tiger droppings***

Dec 27, 2012, 4:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Matchup Comparison LSU vs. Clemson

Dec 27, 2012, 5:22 PM

hey man, you're not an LSU fan are ya? Just checking. I wouldn't have guessed it ever. Could you clear it up for me cajun?

What do you disagree with?***

Dec 27, 2012, 5:22 PM

Re: What do you disagree with?***

Dec 27, 2012, 5:46 PM

If you can not deny the allegation then deny the Alligator

As you sit in your trailer on the edge of a swamp stealing

Dec 27, 2012, 8:11 PM

wifi from the McDonalds in your front yard, surfing an opponent message board, I just want you to know:

1. 'we don't care what thoughts you form in your fuzzy neural net.

2. We know LSU is a better program and team. That is why they are favored.

3. Sometimes underdogs win, and if we do, I hope, as you set your trailer on fire, you think about all the friends you made on Tigernet.

Now that was funny...***

Dec 27, 2012, 9:52 PM

"..as you set your trailer on fire..."...

Dec 27, 2012, 9:56 PM [ in reply to As you sit in your trailer on the edge of a swamp stealing ]

...best laugh I've had all night..point for you....!!!

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic