Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Martavis Bryant reinstated!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Martavis Bryant reinstated!

Apr 25, 2017, 4:10 PM

Great news, couldn't be prouder of how he handled himself this year.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Statements-on-Martavis-Bryants-reinstatement/8dc3b12f-c42a-4548-a580-76073f70ae14

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really? High

Apr 25, 2017, 4:12 PM

five!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated!

Apr 25, 2017, 4:13 PM

Good news. I truly hope he takes full advantage of this opportunity and maximizes it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will he now turn to alcohol?***

Apr 25, 2017, 4:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will he now turn to alcohol?***

Apr 25, 2017, 4:24 PM

smfh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not cool to make light of someone who is honestly working through their problems***

Apr 25, 2017, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Will he now turn to alcohol?*** ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Not cool to make light of someone who is honestly working through their problems***

Apr 25, 2017, 4:55 PM

I don't think he ever had one and I'm sure he feels the same.

Did he really have a problem in the first place?...

Apr 25, 2017, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Not cool to make light of someone who is honestly working through their problems*** ]

Or was it getting punished over something where long outdated and proven wrong view points still control things

If doing drugs causes you to lose your job

Apr 25, 2017, 5:09 PM

it is your bosses fault. You do not have a problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You really like to assume things, don't you?

Apr 25, 2017, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Did he really have a problem in the first place?... ]

Hilarious that you assumed I called his weed-smoking the problem and not his depression or deeper issues.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Did he really have a problem in the first place?...

Apr 25, 2017, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Did he really have a problem in the first place?... ]

It's very simple, the NFL has a policy. If you wish to be employed by said company, you follow their rules, or seek employment elsewhere. There really is no discussion on that point, even forgetting it is illegal in most places. Toke up all you like at your own professional and legal peril. But rather than argue our own beliefs and agendas, let's all just be happy and wish him the best.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did he really have a problem in the first place?...

Apr 25, 2017, 9:02 PM

I agree that it's his fault since he knew the rules and it is his responsibility to follow them...however that doesn't mean dumb rules shouldn't be criticized.

Also, you mentioned that it's illegal in most places, but as I mentioned below, there are actually more teams in states with recreational legalization than there are in states with no psychoactive medical legalization. Right now, only 30% have no form of marijuana legalized, though many of those states have decriminalized marijuana, and almost all of them allow CBD oils.

painkillers, the NFL has no issues if their players get addicted to those...

Apr 25, 2017, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Will he now turn to alcohol?*** ]

smoke a doobie and your worse than a wife beater.

Re: painkillers, the NFL has no issues if their players get addicted to those...

Apr 26, 2017, 7:13 AM

It's not about what is "worse", it's about right and wrong. Follow the rules, keep your job. Disobey the rules, lose your job. It's pretty darn simple. But TK doesn't like to follow rules, so they must be wrong. Okie-dokie. Party on dude.

Not cool, pal.

Apr 25, 2017, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Will he now turn to alcohol?*** ]

Not cool at all.

Not advocating for anything but it's pretty staggering the

Apr 25, 2017, 6:09 PM

disparity in the enforcement of the NFL weed policy and things like domestic violence arrest and club shootings...

They believe drugs affect their players' performance and

Apr 25, 2017, 11:28 PM

thus affects their pocketbooks.

Beating women and shooting people apparently doesn't.

It's all about money.

Always has been.

Always will be.

Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated!

Apr 25, 2017, 8:46 PM

I understand the NFL has a policy in place and therefore it's Martavis' responsibility to follow it, but the marijuana policy in the NFL is so stupid, and the refusal to waver on it is even more foolish.

Hopefully they'll change this soon since, believe it or not, at this point in time there are more teams in states with fully legal recreational marijuana (Chargers, Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Seahawks, Broncos, and Patriots) than there are in states which don't at least allow psychoactive medical marijuana (Cowboys, Texans, Falcons, Packers, Colts, and Titans). It's time for the league to get with the times and perhaps focus more on things like concussions and domestic abuse in the league rather than pot.

That's a mighty fine hair you're splitting there...

Apr 25, 2017, 9:19 PM

...truth is only 8 of 50 states have legalized recreational use. And yes, you're correct, there are 7 NFL teams located in those states. But, there are 25 teams located in the other states. I do believe this policy will change if (or when?) the recreational use states become a super majority. I can't blame the NFL for keeping its current policy in place when it is ILLEGAL for its employees to partake in 78% of the cities their teams are located in. And in 84% of the states in general. It's kind of a no-brainer in my opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: That's a mighty fine hair you're splitting there...

Apr 25, 2017, 9:56 PM

While 7 states have recreationally legal marijuana and 6 states do not allow any form of marijuana, the 19 remaining teams are in states that allow medical marijuana, which is how many NFL players use marijuana. Over 80% of the league is located in a state that allows at least medical use, which is far from splitting hairs, in my opinion.

I was talking strictly "recreational"...

Apr 25, 2017, 10:47 PM

...which I believe to be the key linchpin component in the NFL's eyes. The current CBA does not allow medical use or any use. But for clarity, are you advocating allowing medical use (prescribed by a MD) only in states where it's legal, or just letting it go for any and all use, prescription or not? You and I might could agree on the medical side of this. But we certainly would disagree on the just let it go argument for recreational use. 42 of 50 states are not on board with that thinking as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: I was talking strictly "recreational"...

Apr 26, 2017, 12:09 AM

I think they should just eliminate marijuana from their drug testing procedures. The vast majority of private sector jobs (with the exception of things like construction, engineering, etc.) don't test for marijuana because they don't see the need to. I think the NFL should do the same because there's no competitive advantage gained by a player smoking pot...ultimately, what's to gain from the league testing?

As far as rec legalization goes, I'm all for it. I live in Colorado and by legalizing, the state has been able to profit greatly from it. Yes, 42 of 50 states still don't have rec legalized, but I figure by 2020, we'll see the remaining New England & Northeast states legalize. I'm sure the Southern states will drag their feet when it comes to federal legalization, but eventually they'll legalize as well. The money is simply too good for the state, and socially it's pointless to keep marijuana illegal while substances like alcohol are legal.

Okay, I enjoyed our debate, but you lost me with...

Apr 26, 2017, 1:27 AM

..."The vast majority of private sector jobs (with the exception of things like construction, engineering, etc.) don't test for marijuana because they don't see the need to". Here's a link to help with the facts.

https://www.law360.com/articles/874547/can-employers-still-drug-test-where-marijuana-is-legal

By the way, why would construction, engineering, etc feel a need to test for the mary jane? Since it's okay and all. That's kinda strange. Why would they have any issue with that? Weird ain't it?

Re: Okay, I enjoyed our debate, but you lost me with...

Apr 26, 2017, 11:08 AM

Haha I enjoyed our debate as well, glad you felt the same. However, I never said they can't test for marijuana, I said they choose not to. I've never been drug tested for a job in my life, and the only person I know who has is an engineer for the MBTA.

Of course it makes sense for those jobs to be drug tested, because someone shouldn't be high when they're operating heavy machinery or designing a project that needs to be safe. I'm certainly not suggesting pot doesn't impair judgement or coordination--it definitely does! However, so does alcohol, and that's legal. Those jobs have compulsory drug & alcohol tests in the event of an accident, as they should. At this time, there is no "breathalyzer" for marijuana like there is alcohol, but I know they're working on one and I wouldn't be surprised to see one created soon.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic