Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mark Schlabach continuing to plant the seed for eSECpn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Mark Schlabach continuing to plant the seed for eSECpn

Sep 2, 2015, 11:25 AM

If we go undefeated and don't get in . . . UGH!

"This year, it's the ACC that's going to be left out of the CFP party. I think Clemson is going to be good, but might still be a year away from being a legitimate contender. FSU is going to have some growing pains after losing so much firepower to the NFL draft, and Georgia Tech's schedule looks too difficult."
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13561007/acc-shut-sec-beat-other-2015-cfb-predictions

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mark Schlabach continuing to plant the seed for eSECpn

Sep 2, 2015, 11:35 AM

Makes the case for 2 loss SEC in over ACC champ

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2015, 12:06 PM

well they have to find some way to help the sec back in. 2 losses ignored helps that out lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2015, 11:40 AM

I've believed since the Big 12 got left out last year the CFB playoffs that they would get in this year, no matter what to make up for last year. This makes no sense to me if the goal is to get the best 4 teams. One other thought, if you want to see how fast the CFB playoff expands from 4 to 8 teams just let the mighty SEC get left out. Jeff Long will break his neck making and about face on his support of only 4 teams....just watch.

Sep 2, 2015, 11:43 AM

To change this rhetoric before the committee gets in it, Louiville needs to beat Auburn or at least make it close. Then Clemson needs to destroy Louiville.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's DISNEY pimping their product

Sep 2, 2015, 11:44 AM

Everyone knows that SEC Champion will most likely have 2 losses. Disney has too much money invested in the SEC for them to get left out.

The elephant in the room that no one talks about-While they try to pimp the SEC Network, why did the company actually lay off so many and cut the budget during that networks drain on the Disney family of Networks? Seems ESecPN lies lying more than our government ? Just a random thought.

espn wil #### live ducks if sec does't win NC this year

Sep 2, 2015, 11:45 AM

Much less if they sec didn't make the playoff with 1 or 2 loss teams

null

I don't know why people focus on the conferences so much.

Sep 2, 2015, 11:49 AM

Who cares which conference gets "left out" of the playoff? Conferences don't get in the playoff...teams do. The playoff is about individual teams, who should be judged independent of conference affiliation.

Right, because conference had nothing to do with

Sep 2, 2015, 11:52 AM

Ole Miss and Mississippi State skyrocketing up through the polls last year right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It shouldn't have.***

Sep 2, 2015, 11:54 AM

You and I agree on that point, but in reality it did.***

Sep 2, 2015, 11:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I don't know if you are trying to disagree with me about

Sep 2, 2015, 11:58 AM

something. I just think people should stop obsessing over conferences, when it comes to judging teams on a national level.

Maybe you cood go post that on FGF?

Sep 2, 2015, 12:03 PM

TIA in advance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I'm not a fan of the place, personally.***

Sep 2, 2015, 12:06 PM

I don't disagree, but that's a lot easier to say when your

Sep 2, 2015, 12:11 PM [ in reply to I don't know if you are trying to disagree with me about ]

team is from a conference where a 2-loss champ can make the playoffs over a conference where a 1-loss champs would get left out. We all know that a lot of weight is given to the SEC based on a great run of national championships that ended a couple years ago.

The team you root for was way overrated to begin the season (in hindsight) which allowed TAMU to shoot up the rankings after that beat down in the dead cockroach. Ole Miss and Miss St shot through the rankings because they were winning games in the SEC. Turned out they just weren't very good on a national level.

I don't think teams should be generalized based on their conference, but it won't stop anytime soon.

I think it's the other way around...

Sep 2, 2015, 12:13 PM

SEC schools and their fans would have the most to lose by people no longer judging teams based on conference. Right?

It's easy to say because you know there's zero

Sep 2, 2015, 12:23 PM

chance of it happening. It's like a presidential candidate calling for campaign reform and limits to campaign donations while at the same time they go and raise millions upon millions of dollars. They know it won't happen and they don't have to worry about it, but it sounds like the right thing to say.

The ACC has done nothing to help its cause lately

Sep 2, 2015, 11:51 AM

outside of having the only team to beat the national champs last year (on the road no less) and having 2 of the 3 teams that have beaten tOSU in the last 2 years, oh and having the national champ 2 years ago who beat an SEC team in that game, oh and having GT who destroyed their SEC opponent (and at one time a team who was a shoe-in for the playoffs) in their bowl game last year. Well I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the ACC sweeping the SEC in rivalry games last year. Oh and Clemson has beaten 3 of college football's historically elite teams in bowl games the last three years.

But outside of that, the ACC has done nothing to help its cause lately.

Re: The ACC has done nothing to help its cause lately

Sep 2, 2015, 11:56 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself! TU

No he's not. He's saying the ACC won't put a team in

Sep 2, 2015, 11:59 AM

but says nothing about an ACC team being undefeated.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic