Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Mark Fields: "This year, my mentality has changed completely
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,240

New Story: Mark Fields: "This year, my mentality has changed completely

Aug 24, 2016, 1:10 PM

Mark Fields: "This year, my mentality has changed completely

In the space of a few weeks, cornerback Mark Fields has gone from the outhouse to the penthouse, and he credits improved film study and dedication to his craft for the turnaround. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mark Fields stepping up this year

Aug 24, 2016, 1:25 PM

could be crucial for our defense. Let's hope he's up for the challenge!

Re: Mark Fields stepping up this year

Aug 24, 2016, 1:56 PM

He came to Clemson as a highly talented corner out of HS. Never was it said that he would come and start at the beginning of his career at Clemson. I'm sure that his youth was making him think and believe that he was good enough to come and start. But he has learned that he must accept and do what the coaches are teaching and telling him what he must do to see the field more often. From hearing him talk, he has finally accepted that his coaches are right, and he is wanting and willing to do it their way, and he is getting better from it. And this same thing happens with highly talented recruits coming in. The coaches have to change their way of thinking about what will serve them better at the college level. Welcome to college FB lessons for the Mark Field's type recruits coming in. Per Dabo, Mark is putting it together, and he will be a good corner for us....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mark Fields stepping up this year

Aug 24, 2016, 9:04 PM

So well said "allorangeallthetime52"! I pointed you, because you are spot on! I totally agree with you on this. The thing most recruits don't get is the fact that, in HS they were the "King Of The Hill" and head and shoulders better than almost everybody they played against. They could win battles, make the plays they needed, even with the wrong technique and a poor work attitude, because they were elite, and they have been told that and treated like that their entire lives. The huge adjustment for them, when they get to college, is that almost everybody is in the elite caliber player status they are, and to excel and win positions, they have to be better than they believe they are. I think Mark gets it now. He, and Clemson will be better for it. Don't look now, but we just made a man out of him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go, Mark!

Aug 24, 2016, 1:42 PM

We've kept a close eye on your development.

Keep working hard, you can be the "Fields of Dreams".

great to hear would be huge if meets his potential***

Aug 24, 2016, 1:44 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad Fields saw that Mac's film study and hard work

Aug 24, 2016, 1:53 PM

paid off and decided to take the same route.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As coaches we used to tell the CB's that consistency with

Aug 24, 2016, 4:20 PM

Speed kills! We know he can burn a path being the best of talent in all of football and it's good to hear they pulled the motivation chain. Boom would have never figured it out, happy he chose to be a winner!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Will be interesting to see Fields & Mullen keep battling ...***

Aug 24, 2016, 10:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was impressed with Fields when we signed

Aug 25, 2016, 9:24 AM

him and have hoped he could earn the starting job. If he can be consistent he can be a great one. Keep grinding Mark.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,240
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic