Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Map showing black deaths by police by state
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Map showing black deaths by police by state

Jun 5, 2020, 7:02 AM

Very interesting map. The south statistically has the 2nd lowest death rate by region in the country. In SC blacks are killed by police 1.13 times more than whites whereas in Massachusetts that number is 4.04. I agree it is a problem in some ares but in our state black deaths by police are pretty much equal to white deaths by police. Certainly not worthy of violent protest that you see in our state or neighboring states. Have protest where problem exist.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/interactive/2020/05/mapping-police-killings-black-americans-200531105741757.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Map showing black deaths by police by state

Jun 5, 2020, 7:19 AM

Now read this article by the Wall Street Journal. It paints a completely different picture.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Who are you going to believe Ajazerra or the Wall Street

Jun 5, 2020, 7:28 AM

Journal? Black people are convicted of more crime because of racism, they actually don't commit more crimes.

For example, much of the violence and looting recently has been started by White Supremacist. This had been widely reported. Yet many will still blame oppressed minorities for the violence and looting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who are you going to believe Ajazerra or the Wall Street

Jun 5, 2020, 7:56 AM

That is a tough question. I don't think we have a true NEWS reporting media anymore.

Jun 5, 2020, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Who are you going to believe Ajazerra or the Wall Street ]

Only if by white supremacist you mean antifa. Which on one hand it is often argued that white supremacist are ideologically a left wing group as is antifa so you may be on to something there. However otherwise there is no evidence that these crimes are being committed by white supremacists but are really being committed by antifa which does happen to be made up of mostly young white left wing folk.

Jun 5, 2020, 10:04 AM

I read about this other group responsible for a lot of the violence as well, but can't remember the name of the group. They even had an interview with one of the members. That group wants there to be a new civil war, and has members who help push for the violence in situations like these with a goal of making it look like the minorities fault. They also have members who take the other side and point the finger at minorities. They also have members who spend time on social media stirring up issues on both sides. Apparently, they openly walk around in public carrying rifles.

BOOGALOO

Jun 5, 2020, 10:12 AM

is the other group they’ve been investigating recently.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Who are you going to believe Ajazerra or the Wall Street ]

I believe you are thinking of the Boogaloo movement, which is more of an anti-government movement than a white supremacist movement. They want a civil war to overthrow the government and some white supremacist groups have glommed on later to make it into a race war. At least that is my understanding.

Jun 5, 2020, 10:27 AM

Yes, that's the one.

I've heard the idea that it's white supremacists

Jun 5, 2020, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Who are you going to believe Ajazerra or the Wall Street ]

starting the looting. I think people really want to say it's white people, and each side jsut picks which white group they want to say it is. But my question is

No matter who starts the vandalism or breaks into stores, does that excuse everyone else from looting or following? I get it if someone in a crowd works up others to a frenzy, but it's still an individual's choice to loot or vandalize. I feel like peer pressure is being made a scapegoat

Clemson

Only 9 unarmed Blacks were killed Nationwide last year

Jun 5, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Map showing black deaths by police by state ]

Seems there's a crime problem ,not a Police problem. Check Candace Owens for real stats.

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1268280610818101248

Ultra conservative black girl...

Jun 5, 2020, 1:07 PM

I really don't agree with anything she says or stands for. I guess we all have our preferences.

I will say this though - Rush Limbaugh, who I also fundamentally disagree with on about any issue, went on a black radio show the other day.

I have to commend him. Honest discourse and dialog is what this country needs now. Seems like we are so tribal and closed minded these days.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 7:20 AM

So much data missing. What is the percentage of blacks committing crime? How many people that were killed, were holding a gun? Fact: More UNARMED white people were killed by police last year. I’ve had 3 crimes committed against me in my life, all by blacks. So, 13% of the population committed 100% of the crime against me. Now, how many police were killed in that same time span by blacks? Seems to me the problem is crime. Now when police start killing blacks standing in line at the dmv, I’ll be outraged.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 10:06 AM

What were the 3 crimes committed against you?

Jun 5, 2020, 7:24 AM

Per Washington Post this is totally false. Then I saw where it came from "Aljezra" Goodness these 2 news outlets fight to be the most liberal news media outlets in the world.You will have to look extremely hard but watch for the retraction of this story soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 7:32 AM

I agree with you CH. You have to get your info from a reputable source. We can't be sheep and just follow the herd. Do your own research from multiple sources and somewhere in their lives the true facts.
I mean this about any story. Be slow to believe, but be slower to condemn.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

respectfully, this is a national issue

Jun 5, 2020, 7:41 AM

We should support peaceful protests

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 7:59 AM

Why is this in the football forum?

Jun 5, 2020, 7:59 AM

Why is this in the football forum?

Heard a possible big day for Clemson football today.

Jun 5, 2020, 9:25 AM

Come to Tiger town Troy!!

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 9:38 AM

Not a good statistical map, uses total population vs population that encounters police (arrests are generally used to track that data point). It's also spread over several years and not on an annual basis which inflates the numbers and provides no year to year look. The actual rate nationwide in 2017 (last year of FBI stats) is 1.3x more blacks are killed by cops than whites. Here are the stats and the source:

2,003,649 Blacks arrested / 1262 deaths / 0.00062%./ 62 per 100k
5,240,842 Whites arrested / 2412 deaths / 0.00046% / 46 per 100k

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/table-43?fbclid=IwAR1y0e_dBtW445UOujYvPcCh-wQFEY28XgxM6q0jTlge3y9s5TapQPdG2r8

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 11:01 AM

What does this have to do with Clemson sports?

Jun 5, 2020, 11:55 AM

there are massive sentencing disparities in this state between black and white defendants. Part of it may well be that poor black defendants are much more likely to have mail-it-in public defenders than slightly better off white defendants who have families that can pool resources to hire some slightly better ambulance chaser, but racism is endemic in this state, as in many states, when it comes to the justice system. The entire chain gang system was established initially to provide a steady supply of black people to do the sorts of labor that slaves used to do, and to act as a deterrent to any black man with thoughts of getting uppity.

Jun 5, 2020, 2:15 PM

" I agree it is a problem in some ares but in our state black deaths by police are pretty much equal to white deaths by police."

That isn't a good thing. Blacks only represent 28% of the population of SC. Deaths by cop should be a third of deaths for whites, not equal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic