Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: William Perry: The Fridge is back, he's happy and watching Clemson with a smile
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: William Perry: The Fridge is back, he's happy and watching Clemson with a smile

Mar 2, 2018, 12:00 PM

William Perry: The Fridge is back, he's happy and watching Clemson with a smile

Danny Ford walked into the room, scanned all of the faces and broke out into a big smile when he spotted William “The Refrigerator” Perry sitting at a table signing autographs. Ford walked over to Perry, who was dressed in a nice sports coat and natty beret, and said, “What’s up, Pierre?” Two legends, together again. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: William Perry: The Fridge is back, he's happy and watching Clemson with a smile

Mar 2, 2018, 12:05 PM

Really great to see.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: William Perry: The Fridge is back, he's happy and watching Clemson with a smile

Mar 2, 2018, 12:19 PM

;)

Mar 2, 2018, 12:51 PM

Great to see the smile back. The Fridge and MD are Tiger legends to some of us who remember those days when the believers were few.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2018, 5:25 PM

I'm smiling ear to ear thinking about those 3 in the room together. Oh those were happy, fun days!

Mar 2, 2018, 1:27 PM

Godbless and keep both The Perry brothers! I have loved them both for many years! So overjoyed to see the “Fridge” happy and healthy again??Both brothers have been excellent ambassadors of Clemson!

As much as I love the Perry brothers, they're great guys and

Mar 2, 2018, 1:37 PM

legendary players, nobody makes a room buzz like coach Ford. His ability to make you feel like you're the most important person in the room, building, or wherever, regardless of who you are, is one huge reason he's loved by so many people. He was a master recruiter and motivator because of it. It also makes me smile to see William smiling and happy. As good as Clemson football is now, those were awesome times, too. Those 3 guys made for some unbelievable moments.

Mar 2, 2018, 1:52 PM

I remember when some question the Frig's athleticism, Coach Ford said something like, "I hate when they run a 20-yard draw on 3rd down. When Perry is there, they don't run no 20-yard draws."

Mar 2, 2018, 2:35 PM

It's great to see him doing so well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome to see Fridge and Coach back together again!***

Mar 2, 2018, 2:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Mar 2, 2018, 4:54 PM

So good to see he is doing better. Love this article.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An image deeply engraved on the

Mar 2, 2018, 5:59 PM

consciousness of Clemson's football program

Thanks!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2018, 7:04 PM

2 of the great ones of the 80’s. I remember watching them. I am glad William’s health is better.

FAMILY!!!...

Mar 2, 2018, 7:58 PM

...it’s what CLEMSON is all about!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many,many years ago

Mar 2, 2018, 10:27 PM

I sent ‘The Fridge’ a personal letter and told him that he was in a great position to do a lot for Clemson University. When he joined the Bears, he was known by football fans everywhere as the big guy from Clemson. But he was much more than that. He handled his immediate success wonderfully well and I always felt like he represented my university in the right way. I can’t recall any serious negative press about him during his stay with the Bears. He was a front page player who I believe was loved by all. You can’t say that about every star player who makes the big time. Seeing him in Greenville on this occasion is especially good for me as I was a BIG fan of the Fridge.

Anyone have the Refrigerator poster that was available many years ago?A classic. Perhaps one of the first promational ideas that the Tigers came up with.

Re: Many,many years ago

Mar 2, 2018, 10:29 PM

Promational? I don’t know where that came from! lol

Back when William was with the Bears, I was in London

Mar 3, 2018, 2:41 PM

on business. I was talking with some guys in a pub one night and they asked me where I was from because of my accent. The conversation led to me saying that I went to Clemson and some guy yelled out, "Clemson? Do you know Refrigerator Perry?" A crowd gathered and I didn't have to buy a beer the rest of the night.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Mar 3, 2018, 3:03 PM

I've had a cosmic connection to the Fridge ever since he blackened my eye in a pickup game at Fike. Sometimes my cheekbone still aches.

I'll never forget the sequence in the game against UNC where he made 2 TFL's then practically threw the blocker into the punter for a block.

Fridge getting back to health and good lifestyle habits is important and I'm pleased to see him smiling and out in public.

Message was edited by: crawdad64

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic