Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Spencer Shuey hopeful Orange Bowl gives pro scouts a glimpse of his talent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Spencer Shuey hopeful Orange Bowl gives pro scouts a glimpse of his talent

Feb 20, 2014, 8:44 AM

Spencer Shuey hopeful Orange Bowl gives pro scouts a glimpse of his talent

Former Clemson linebacker Spencer Shuey introduced himself - violently - to Ohio St. quarterback Braxton Miller several times in the Orange Bowl. Now, Shuey is hopeful that performance, his play in last week's College All Star game and a strong workout on Pro Day will convince an NFL team to give him a chance. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't imagine....

Feb 20, 2014, 9:11 AM

Shuey not being a good reserve linebacker and a mainstay on special teams. BUT...hard to teach speed and change of direction quickness.

Some times a bright quick thinking mind and good instincts

Feb 20, 2014, 9:34 AM

can make up for that - certainly Shuey displayed those qualities!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some times a bright quick thinking mind and good instincts

Feb 20, 2014, 10:10 AM

Here is a question I'm asking. We have been having a lot of guys here lately trying to make it to the NFL. And they keep saying that the scouts are saying that they don't do certain things at their position well enough for the NFL. Surely our coaches know, or they should know, exactly what it takes for their players to have a great chance to play in the NFL. Do coaches coach and prepare players for the NFL, or do they just coach them to be serviceable for the college game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2014, 10:21 AM

They mainly coach them to be outstanding college players. that's what they get paid for. Outside o that we have x-nfl players on staff who can guide them (jjeff davis etcet.)

Re: Re: Some times a bright quick thinking mind and good instincts***

Feb 20, 2014, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Some times a bright quick thinking mind and good instincts ]

Feb 20, 2014, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Some times a bright quick thinking mind and good instincts ]

I hope he gets drafted(and deservedly so) but if not he would be a great choice as a free agent!

Give me a whole lot more Shuey's & less big heads w/stars in

Feb 20, 2014, 11:24 AM

their eyes..and egos @ a 10 level. ThX Mr. Shuey for playing so well for our TiGERS..especially in the BCS game we needed to win for that disaster in Jan. 2012.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't imagine....

Feb 20, 2014, 8:53 PM [ in reply to I can't imagine.... ]

Shuey reminds me of a Ray Nitski (sp) or Jack Lambert type linebacker. I would take that any day. Not to give Beemer at VA Tech any kudos, but those are lunch pail type guys who show up for work every game and do their jobs, very, very well. IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Spencer Shuey hopeful Orange Bowl gives pro scouts a glimpse of his talent

Feb 20, 2014, 12:58 PM

I sure hope he makes it too, because he replaced a 5 star backer at Clemson.and did a great job. I noticed the last comment about the 2012 Orange bowl, we as CLemson fans live in the past, sadly. After a 2 loss end of the season, do you know what the Alabama Roll TIde fans are saying, cant wait til next year so we can win another National Championship. They arent thinking about Auburn beating them, they only focus on the rose colors of the future. lol. just letting you guys know that.

Maybe if Alabama had won their BCS game they would be

Feb 20, 2014, 4:25 PM

talking about it ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama fans

Feb 20, 2014, 1:21 PM

Are thinking the HUNH offenses should be banned

Winning games is the college coaches job

Feb 20, 2014, 3:05 PM

Tim te bow was a great college qb. Nfl scouts say he can't throw. Florida coaches didnt spend time fixing his motion because they didn't need to fix it to win.
Same goes with Clemson. Shuey's speed worked just fine for Clemson's needs.

NFL is full of players that no one thought could make it***

Feb 20, 2014, 3:39 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: New Story: Spencer Shuey hopeful Orange Bowl gives pro scouts a glimpse of his talent

Feb 20, 2014, 3:41 PM

The bull shark will make a roster...your heard it here first!

Feb 20, 2014, 4:30 PM

I would wait till Shuey's pro day. That kid has a lot of heart, but LB is one of the hardest position in the league to learn and play. There are lots of stories of talented college LBs not working out in the league.

Manti Te'o didn't have NFL LB speed.... or a GIRLfriend.***

Feb 22, 2014, 12:11 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic