Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mangey: I am still hoping to see the TE involved in scoring.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Mangey: I am still hoping to see the TE involved in scoring.

Nov 5, 2018, 11:11 AM

Yes, I am greedy. Yes, we are unstoppable as is. Yes, the TE's blocking is part of our success.

Still, when we have that go-to TE it gives us a nice added element.

At this point in the season, I don't know if it can be developed enough to be used effectively.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Samesies, what happened to Galloway

Nov 5, 2018, 11:15 AM

They were using him early in the season....he hurt, redshirt, not getting open...IDK.

But dangson them freshmens are good. Luv when we bring in the 4th string rb...what he avg right now? Hold on....oh, just 11.1 yards per carry. Not bad on 41 carries.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5th string RB Darien Rencher:

Nov 5, 2018, 11:17 AM

9 attempts for 48 yards with a 5.3 yards average per carry.

FIFTH string.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shhhhhhh

Nov 5, 2018, 11:16 AM

That’s gonna be our secret weapon against ‘Bama

I was hoping it'd be our secret weapon against BC.

Nov 5, 2018, 11:25 AM

Because those guise are well-coached and decently athletic. Definitely punch above their weight. I'd like to see the middle of the field open and to force them to cover that as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's coming, APM. TE's are running seam routes

and all the variations every single practice...every single practice. So when LB or safety gets lazy or gives us a mismatch, we'll use it.

It’s just that we have more talented WRs to keep happy

as opposed to when Leggett, Allen, Ford played TE.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do think this is part of the explanation.

Nov 5, 2018, 11:23 AM

When you have the studs at WR we have, and ALL of them are reliable, well, it's no longer the "one-stud WR and a stud TE plus Renfrow" show. So the TEs get less distribution.

Richard is the one who suffered most from KB's starting role

Nov 5, 2018, 11:47 AM

He suffered last year because of KB's inability to throw the ball.That set us back quite a bit in play calling for the TE position. Imagine if Deon Cain had Trevor Lawrence throwing to him...Richard as well. Cain's numbers would have been stellar. Since DW4 and JL16 moved on, the position has basically become a blocking role for a quarterback that couldn't rely on his passing ability. Richard is having to unlearn his former position and learn the new possibilities. This is where Galloway comes in. He and Trevor Lawrence have chemistry. As the end of the season approaches, we should see more attempts to him. He had one on Saturday and missed it. Richard, on the other hand, made the most of his opportunity and almost scored.
All of this to say...it's coming, but it is going to have to share time with the long-ball, 4 headed running attack, HR13, and now WS22 (sarcastic font on that last one).

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic