Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: NFL HOFer responds to Swinney's comments on anthem protest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

FB Update: NFL HOFer responds to Swinney's comments on anthem protest

Sep 15, 2016, 10:47 AM

NFL HOFer responds to Swinney's comments on anthem protest

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No he said he didn't agree with using the team as the

Sep 15, 2016, 11:04 AM

platform. He said call a press conference. What is it that people don't understand? He said he knows there are bad cops out there. Hello? Never been impressed with Shannon Sharpe anyway. Now his brother Sterling is the polar opposite. Sterling has always seemed like a very intelligent class act. I'd watch that show if Sterling was on there. Sterling knows how to think before he talks.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: FB Update: NFL HOFer responds to Swinney's comments on anthem protest

Sep 15, 2016, 11:05 AM

Keep fueling the fire, Tnet. You're doing good.

Actually Shannon, you've never tried NOT talking

Sep 15, 2016, 11:08 AM

maybe when you talk about everything, people ignore you.

Sep 15, 2016, 11:10 AM

Thank you, Shannon. God bless you, brotha.

*Sigh

Sep 15, 2016, 11:16 AM

His comments are starting to get totally blown out of proportion. He was talking about the platform that it was done on, not the "time, the day of the year, the exact year". smh

Simply put...compare Kaepernick's choice of what he did and where he did it vs Jesse Williams at the BET Awards. Jesse didn't just "sit", he took a stance. He spoke up, he made his thoughts known. And he didn't do it at his "job" on the set, affecting all his cast mates...he did it when he was on his own, accepting an award....on a stage with a very large audience, many of which feel as he does. And everyone that watched listened.

Re: *Sigh

Sep 15, 2016, 12:57 PM

Jesse Williams caught the same amount of criticism though. The only difference is more people watch the NFL than BET. But I respect your point though

good golly enough of this crap...

Sep 15, 2016, 11:24 AM

Sharpe there's a great preacher you'd like. His name is Rev. Wright. Hates America and Israel but lives in a posh Chi burb.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's racist for a white person to argue with a black person

Sep 15, 2016, 11:35 AM

about race. Only black people understand bigotry and suffering. No other type of shaming or difficulty in life compares to what anyone with black skin suffers through. White people can never understand the race issue, so black people should be the only ones allowed to talk about it unless it's an apology and a public statement declaring shame for all the privilege.

The idea that all lives matter is offensive because taking away the spotlight from American Blacks is bigoted.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The role of white people is to do what black people say

Sep 15, 2016, 11:45 AM

they need to do to correct the situation.

Almost makes it sound like a power grab.

Almost.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you can see how ignorant you are.

Sep 15, 2016, 11:55 AM [ in reply to It's racist for a white person to argue with a black person ]

Your opinion on this is an embarrassment.

All he did was use simple direct language to say

Sep 15, 2016, 11:57 AM

what BLM and SJWs have been saying about this issue every time a white person has the gall to disagree with them.

Apparently they have no convincing logical argument so they immediately go to "White people should shut up because they don't understand."

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All he did was use simple direct language to say

Sep 15, 2016, 12:25 PM

That's just it. The history of what has happened generations ago is constantly thrown at white people today. It is beyond our control.

There are white people who are mistreated, assaulted, sexually assaulted, shot, killed, you name it, by black people and black cops. The same has obviously happened when you reverse the scenario. It's unfortunate, appalling and my heart goes out to each victim's family. Some of these scenarios are hate crimes, and some aren't. For the record, I don't want to see something negative happen to a white person or a black person, whether they're related to me by blood or I don't know them from Adam.

But my point is that this "race" card in today's generation has been cooking on the stove too long. This generation and the world we live in today is the most accepting society there has ever been. And as Dabo pointed out, it is because of leaders such as MLK who paved the way among many others.
It doesn't take long to flip between news channels to hear about some black person being a victim of a white cop or white person, but I will boldly say that if you reverse that situation, the situation does receive the same publicity or attention.

This is never mentioned and I don't know if it because people are afraid to or what? In my opinion it doesn't need to be publicized as a racial issue because whether it is a hate crime or not, in my opinion, we don't have a racial issue. We have a "sin" issue.

And the whole CK situation is fine. He can do whatever he pleases. But he needs to be advocating for all races. All lives matter. Not just blacks.. God forbid there was ever a t-shirt that the population sported in today's society that said "white lives matter."

Re: All he did was use simple direct language to say

Sep 16, 2016, 3:04 PM [ in reply to All he did was use simple direct language to say ]

This is the trouble trying to argue with a Liberal... they refuse to enter into a discussion involving FACTS. Sorry, but that's the truth. When the facts don't support them, they immediately switch over to the emotional argument.

Come on, folks... let's get back to football. If you want to argue political issues, please go to stick yourheadupyoura$$.com.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NAILED IT!

Sep 16, 2016, 5:13 PM

Liberalism is based solely on emotions, not logic, or rational thinking

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Are you outraged at my sarcastic post, or outraged

Sep 15, 2016, 12:05 PM [ in reply to I hope you can see how ignorant you are. ]

at my real feelings based on your detection of my sarcasm?

I can't tell.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you have seen the insults thrown Dabo's way

Sep 15, 2016, 12:06 PM [ in reply to I hope you can see how ignorant you are. ]

how can you say it is an embarrassment? Heck even Nuk a former player said Dabo shouldn't have an opinion on this, why do you think he said that?

When do you get to talk about the 400 years?

Sep 15, 2016, 11:44 AM

When will you ever shut up about it?

Yeah, I chuckled at that

Sep 15, 2016, 12:20 PM

It's not like we haven't been hearing about that constantly. I won't go as far as you and ask when he'll shut up, but trying to pretend this stuff doesn't get talked about is ridiculous. What Sharpe apparently means is that black people shouldn't be questioned whenever they complain about something racial.

People like Sharpe and Kumanyika are disagreeing with something Dabo's not saying. He isn't saying that people should only protest at times that are convenient for white people, or times that are convenient for anybody in general. He only said that he thinks what Kaepernick is doing might be a distraction to his team- a natural concern for a coach- and that it's divisive. Surely, Sharpe would agree that there are some ways to protest that are counter-productive, or simply not appropriate. So saying that one particular protest isn't the best way to protest isn't saying that every protest should be convenient. This is why a lot of the critical responses to Dabo just sound like they're saying "shut up, white guy," and the more positive responses (like Stephen A. Smith's) acknowledge that for a conversation to happen, you need the other side.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm so tired of this that I'm RA'ing all of these

Sep 15, 2016, 11:45 AM

articles.

You know whats really funny......

Sep 15, 2016, 12:08 PM

That Shannon Sharpe lives in a predominantly white neighborhood. I wonder why?

good credit follows you everywhere***

Sep 16, 2016, 3:42 PM

Well, when are we going to talk about it?

Sep 15, 2016, 12:32 PM

When are we going to talk about the 624 years of Caucasian European Christians who were slaves at the hands of African Muslims under the Ottoman Empire? When are we going to reflect on the fact that Mauritania and Nigeria ended Government Sanctioned Legalized Slavery in the 1980's. When are we going to discuss the slavery going on today in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East in some of the worst human trafficking incidents known to man? When are we going to recognize that all of the majority Caucasian Christian Nations legally abolished and outlawed slavery, apartheid, and discrimination, but in parts of Kenya they will kill you as a sacrifice to some god for not being dark enough? Please enlighten me on this one. Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: ChestyPuller0311®

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Well, when are we going to talk about it?

Sep 15, 2016, 12:58 PM

Wait a minute, are you saying that every race has been apart of slavery before. This doesn't fit the narrative that the media and Dr K is trying to prove.

Man, this absolutely sucks...

Sep 15, 2016, 1:05 PM

Tigernet, my favorite news outlet, has joined the rest of the media in covering this senseless BS.

Re: Man, this absolutely sucks...

Sep 16, 2016, 8:18 PM

Tiger net allows people to make hateful comments everyday

STICK WITH SPORTS

Sep 15, 2016, 2:09 PM

I didn't realize Shannon was 400 years old?!?! He's a modern miracle!!

Sep 15, 2016, 3:52 PM

His show will be discontinued in 6 months LOL

NOW we know what this is about for some... 400 years...

Sep 15, 2016, 4:26 PM

Jesus please give these people the grace of peace and understanding

that there is absolutely no excuse nor healing for the errors of 400 years.

there is only a better tomorrow.

please tell the Muslims that too.

please tell the women that too.

please tell the Jews that too.

please tell the gays that too.

please tell the Serbs, the Croatians, the Palestinians, the Mexican-Indians, the American-Indians, the Northern Irish, and all the others who

CANNOT and WILL NOT separate today's reality from yesterday's problems.

Jesus, please, for the love of God.

calm your ####***

Sep 16, 2016, 3:48 PM

boy aren't you pithy...

Sep 16, 2016, 4:57 PM

just another smart-zzz millennial no doubt...

wow have you been stalking me? you nailed it***

Sep 16, 2016, 5:02 PM

Sharpe apologized to R. Lewis for asking about his murder ca

Sep 15, 2016, 5:43 PM

Shannon Sharpe apologized to Ray Lewis for asking him about his murder case, during the week of final Super Bowl that Ray Lewis played in. Pretty much said, "Im sorry to even bring this up, but I have to ask..."

Ray Lewis played a role in covering up TWO murders, and Sharpe apologized to him for even asking about it.

Dabo says, we need to find a way to be less divisive, and love thy neighbor, and Sharpe blasts him

Yep... Shannon seems to be a logical, reasonable person... Classic

So now the USA is responsible for racicm 160 years prior to its existence?***

Sep 16, 2016, 8:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course. It's called perpetual victimization. It has no

Sep 16, 2016, 9:37 AM

cure, so live with it -- as will your children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, great-great grandchildren, etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So now the USA is responsible for racicm 160 years prior to its existence?***

Sep 16, 2016, 3:15 PM [ in reply to So now the USA is responsible for racicm 160 years prior to its existence?*** ]

Okay, there you go again... you cannot lure liberals into a factual discussion.

Go tigers! Back to football.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic