Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 5 of Phil Steele's Preseason Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 5 of Phil Steele's Preseason Poll

Jun 27, 2016, 8:16 AM

Clemson ranked in Top 5 of Phil Steele's Preseason Poll

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 5 of Phil Steele's Preseason Poll

Jun 27, 2016, 8:21 AM

Anybody wanna bet that Tennessee is top 10 come season's end? I'll take no.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jun 27, 2016, 8:36 AM

Purely and simply motivation for the Tigers! Perhaps Phil wanted to get our attention. Our season obviously depends upon a number of critical factors so I will withhold judgement until after the first few games.

Go Tigers!

Jun 27, 2016, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 5 of Phil Steele's Preseason Poll ]

I am guessing that TN will be in the top 10. Last year they lost 4 games.

1. Lost by 7 in OT to Oklahoma
2. Lost by 1 to Florida
3. Lost by 4 to Arkansas
4. Lost by 5 to Alabama

Two of these teams were in the top 4 by the end of the season. One was ranked. I think they beat Florida this year and go to the SEC championship. Being in the SEC, they won't drop much if they lose the SEC championship game.

Or....they could choke again and not show up for the forth quarter of almost every game they play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have to play at Athens but have Bama in Knoxville.***

Jun 27, 2016, 1:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess Phil wasn't fazed by FSU's loss to Houston in bowl?

Jun 27, 2016, 8:28 AM

Plus the fact they don't really have a QB?

Re: I guess Phil wasn't fazed by FSU's loss to Houston in bowl?

Jun 27, 2016, 8:52 AM

Don't say this! That Fancios kid is a star is what I'm told. I said it before and people act like I was crazy because I think we beat em easily.

it's amazing . . .

Jun 27, 2016, 9:52 AM [ in reply to I guess Phil wasn't fazed by FSU's loss to Houston in bowl? ]

that you are ranked #1 before the season and with no QB yet.

Re: it's amazing . . .

Jun 27, 2016, 1:24 PM

What's amazing is that you think FSU doesn't have a QB just because they haven't named one the starter as yet. I remember similar rhetoric going into the "13 season.

Why do they always forget we've handled Oklahoma two

Jun 27, 2016, 8:29 AM

years in a row now?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Why do they always forget we've handled Oklahoma two

Jun 27, 2016, 8:47 AM

IF or WHEN Okla. beats us; they can say "I told you so!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do they always forget we've handled Oklahoma two

Jun 27, 2016, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Why do they always forget we've handled Oklahoma two ]

Misspelled " EMASCULATED " !
I don't understanf what it will take , but these guru types just love them some blue-bloods .
#KeepWinning

GO TIGERS!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oklahoma is due;)***

Jun 27, 2016, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Why do they always forget we've handled Oklahoma two ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oklahoma is due;)***

Jun 27, 2016, 2:33 PM

Shoot, if we are talking a team that's "Due" im scared cuz the coots are going to run the table this year and win their conference.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2016, 8:41 AM

Clemson will lose 2 games this year

Jun 27, 2016, 8:47 AM

which two?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2016, 9:14 AM

Florida State would be my lock, the other would come from Auburn, or one of those pesky ACC teams that always gives us trouble such as NC State or GT

You said something incorrect

Jun 27, 2016, 2:29 PM

Referring to yourself as a Clemson fan!

2017_nascar_champ.gif2018_nascar_champ.gif2019_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2016, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 5 of Phil Steele's Preseason Poll ]

HA!!!!! Drive by, pay this one no attention.

We will roll again. There isn't a defense out there that can stop Clemson's offense for 60 minutes. The defense will surprise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2016, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 5 of Phil Steele's Preseason Poll ]

And what is your wager??? I will take that bet all day long.

Will you give Clemson a share of your winnings?

Jun 27, 2016, 8:53 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will you give Clemson a share of your winnings?

Jun 27, 2016, 8:59 AM

No but I'll let Nuk know of this. Fantasy is not the same as a gambling website tho my checks come from out of country because it is illegal. Fantasy is legal somehow.

It's legality is through some weird loopholes.

Jun 27, 2016, 9:02 AM

But ultimately that's what fantasy is, it's gambling on performances of many different athletes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2012/09/19/should-gambling-on-fantasy-football-be-legal/#772185e82c7b

Wow so how many 10-win seasons in a row will that be for us?

Jun 27, 2016, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 5 of Phil Steele's Preseason Poll ]

How would that compare to the coots?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jun 27, 2016, 8:55 AM

I just don't get Steele's (and other media types) love affair with Oklahoma. Baker Mayfield's hype is way over-rated as Clemson proved in the Orange Bowl. The absolute lowest ranking for Clemson should be #3. FSU may have the best overall team talent wise (we will see) but they darn sure don't have the best QB and offense. Barring injuries we will have the best offense in the country and will put a bunch of points on the board this year (probably more than last year). I just don't see too many teams that are capable of outscoring us - as I think our Defense will be better this year than it was last year. Also - does anyone really think Stanford will be lower ranked than Washington at the end of the year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Baker Mayfield's hype was overrated at all

Jun 27, 2016, 8:59 AM

We came out there with a great defense and shut them down. We hit Mayfield a lot. He had a really good season last year, and most likely he will have a really good season this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I don't think Baker Mayfield's hype was overrated at all

Jun 27, 2016, 1:49 PM

Exactly. I don't understand why people say this, as it takes credit away from Clemson. Mayfield is a really good qb. We just had a better defense that shut him down. I think Oklahoma will have another great season this year.

Re: I don't think Baker Mayfield's hype was overrated at all

Jun 27, 2016, 2:32 PM

Lextiger, I think Mayfield is a passable to good QB who plays in a league that has very little pass rush or DB play. Not a ton of DB'S getting drafted form the Big 12 anymore. Still, I hope we make the playoffs and get them every time.

I don't think our defense will improve this year.

Jun 27, 2016, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 5 of Phil Steele's Preseason Poll ]

But I think our offensive improvement will outweigh the drop in defense.

Jun 27, 2016, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 5 of Phil Steele's Preseason Poll ]

I don't understand the Huskies hype. Stanford USC Oregon and Utah are all better IMO

Jun 27, 2016, 9:01 AM

Ucla as well

Jun 27, 2016, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 5 of Phil Steele's Preseason Poll ]

I agree, but would put UCLA above Utah. I think the bytes had their moment last season, but lost a couple of their better players and will lose 3-4 at least I believe. But ok, for real
#1 FSU? I Don't buy the hype. Will believe in their QB when I see it. There D is pretty darn good tes, but I think their O Line is SAWFT!
#2 Bama.. I go e them their due, until proven otherwise, they are the top team every year.
# 3 Sooners? SOONERS? No further comment
#4 LS who? As in who is the QB that can actually play for them to make a run, because I have yet to see anything out of Harris, and as long as a D can load up the box(See Bama) and not be afraid of a pass, LSU scares no one. Ok. Sorry but Phil Steele is right about anything about 30% I am thinking.

Washington the trendy pick to achieve this year?

Jun 27, 2016, 9:13 AM

Maybe it'll happen for them, but how is OU ranked above Clemson? And FSU no.1? Phil Steele puts out a good preseason mag, but I think he's been smokin from the FPI bong.

That's turrble. SPOT THE DANG BALL!***

Jun 27, 2016, 9:57 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes sense - those are five good teams.***

Jun 27, 2016, 11:04 AM

Re: Makes sense - those are five good teams.***

Jun 27, 2016, 12:17 PM

Good. Would rather see us ranked low. And what the hell, we are at a point where people are pissed that we are 5th. Phil Steele is pretty darn good and I respect him as he uses empirical data instead of emotions. Spot the ball and let's prove him wrong!!!

Great but Phil Steele is an idiot

Jun 27, 2016, 12:26 PM

You probably know thst

GeeZ...FSU is understandable a little but OK & Lsu

Jun 27, 2016, 1:45 PM

Above Clemson is just unreal crazy IMHO.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic