Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greenr needs to vent about work for a minute
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 334

Greenr needs to vent about work for a minute

Nov 1, 2018, 10:07 AM

Got a Samsung Galaxy s7 currently for work BUT they take $15 per paycheck so I can use it for personal purposes as well ($390 per year). I've had the phone for a year and it was fine. Then the Oreo update happened (new operating system) and the phone got CRAZY slow. Everything lags, especially photos, the keyboard popping up, crap like that. I have missed calls because the screen stays black when getting a call sometimes. The battery isn't GREAT anymore, etc. Anyways, I can get an iPhone 8 which will cost work $150 for me to upgrade. I just got the fuggin 3rd degree for asking for one. Twice I got reminded that they like to switch phones every 2-3 years but I keep asking for a new one every year. Last year I upgraded from an iPhone to the s7 because expandable memory helps me take more jobsite photos, etc and they would only get me a 16gb iPhone.

Meanwhile, our department invested $5k in tablets for our team. My fellow project manager headed this up and ordered 4 of them, leaving me and an Assistant Project manager without one. Of those 4 tablets, one Assistant PM keeps his in the cabinet unused, our two Engineering Techs complained about how much they sucked and they never use them, and the PM who ordered everything keeps his at home because it is now his personal tablet (HP Elite X2).

So what I am seeing here is that $150 for a new phone is a bad idea when you already overcharge me to use the Company Phone as my own but you don't mind investing $5k+ for some tablets that nobody uses.

PURE SHENANIGANS

/Rant Over

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time to say “take this phone and shove it”

Nov 1, 2018, 10:10 AM

Then walk out like a boss.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen. A 21st Century Johnny Paycheck.

Nov 1, 2018, 10:28 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzGoDtmTllg

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

blow up the cabinet***

Nov 1, 2018, 10:10 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you need to step on whomever you need

Nov 1, 2018, 10:11 AM

so you can get to be the one doing the buying. Also you my s7 edge is nearly paid for and still works fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes me appreciate my boss. "Hey robertn, here's $130/month

Nov 1, 2018, 10:13 AM

Pay your cell phone bill with it and be OK with using it for work purposes and listing it on your biz cards"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here, except it's $80 / month

Nov 1, 2018, 11:02 AM

I guess we are UDP.

As a wise VP of mine once told me......

Nov 1, 2018, 10:22 AM

"If you can't figure out how to sneak $150 onto your expense report, I don't need you on my team."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I could buy it myself and make that happen, I would, but

Nov 1, 2018, 10:38 AM

I gotta go through Management to do cell phone crap.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, slow your roll.

Nov 1, 2018, 10:37 AM

That $150 will go a long way towards the necessary funding it's going to take to move all of downtown across Dave Lyle Blvd. You're part of something bigger...you need to recognize that while your changing the lint filters in the fountain every week.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh man, if you only knew the plans (and maybe you do)

Nov 1, 2018, 10:39 AM

cause you work with some really connected people.

Connected, lulz

'Connected' is the word I'd be more apt to use for my

Nov 1, 2018, 10:49 AM

acquaintances that are motorcycle enthusiasts, unregistered firearm procurement agents, and pseudo-pharmaceutical sales reps. I think the word you're looking for is something more along the lines of
well-inherited'.

also, mildly retarded IMO***

Nov 1, 2018, 10:52 AM

LOLUTZ.

Nov 1, 2018, 10:59 AM

'Mildly'

I bet if he still had that $15 per check he could afford the

Nov 1, 2018, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Dude, slow your roll. ]

gas to come to your house and get that #### beer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you REALLY believe I still have beer in his fridge?

Nov 1, 2018, 10:57 AM

If so, I need to know what kind cause that will determine when I think it has aged enough to finally come get.

My thirst is the expiration date on Greenr's beer.

Nov 1, 2018, 11:00 AM

That makes for a fairly short window.

They charge you $390 per year to have a work phone

Nov 1, 2018, 10:40 AM

Sound like they be making money off you. You know they get the corporate discount.

Yes and Yes. Most of the phones are iPhone 7 which they

Nov 1, 2018, 10:42 AM

get for 99 cents. Therefore, they are charging people $32.50/month to use free work phones as personal phones. I would assume the fee per line is less than $30/month but I have no clue about that.

Slide your Galaxy under the VP's office door.

Nov 1, 2018, 10:45 AM

Then let Samsung do it's thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be more offended about having to pay to...

Nov 1, 2018, 10:45 AM

use my work phone for personal use. That's 1990's mentality when bills were based on minutes and # of texts. With unlimited min and texts, why in hale would a company care if it's phone is being used for personal. Doesn't cost them anything and likely makes their employees more accessible.

Now, if the position doesn't require a company cell phone, then I could understand...but I'm assuming they don't give company cell phones to folks who don't need one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lulz. I get phone calls and emails at all hours of the day

Nov 1, 2018, 10:48 AM

and night. It used to be $10 per month, then they changed it to $15 per pay period. It is a way to make back some of the revenue. It is a bullchit rule. I would switch back to carrying two phones, but I would need to buy a phone and change my number over, etc... Everyone has my work number as my personal number.

Yeah thats jacked up.

Nov 1, 2018, 11:00 AM

I've never heard of this kind of 'benefit" before.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're better off getting a cheaper, off brand, NEW phone

Nov 1, 2018, 10:46 AM

than refurb older models.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They don't get refurbs that I know of.***

Nov 1, 2018, 10:57 AM

Replies: 24
| visibility 334
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic