Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brad brownell finally got a commit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Brad brownell finally got a commit

Apr 24, 2013, 8:44 AM

Omg!! It's about time! What are we down to? Something like two players left and half of them transferring? Geeez. I could out recruit him from my couch. C'mon bb, lets get some more players in here. I'm tired of crying while watching basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brad brownell finally got a commit- he may still

Apr 24, 2013, 8:59 AM

get Djitte also

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm willing to bet that you could not out-recruit

Apr 24, 2013, 8:59 AM

BB from your couch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I thought the same thing, but figured it was just me. Glad

Apr 24, 2013, 9:03 AM

I'm not the only one who questioned this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

do you have some inside info you'd like to share? i mean...

Apr 24, 2013, 9:07 AM [ in reply to I'm willing to bet that you could not out-recruit ]

it could be a really nice couch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If recruiting to Clemson to play basketball is so easy

Apr 24, 2013, 9:13 AM

that a tnet poster could do it from his couch, then BB should be fired immediately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well you know when you play XBOX Dynasty mode

Apr 24, 2013, 9:14 AM

and wax em all, recruits are dying to come to your team!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

I agree. That would appear to be a fiscally pruduent step.***

Apr 24, 2013, 9:15 AM [ in reply to If recruiting to Clemson to play basketball is so easy ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would wager that Walken has a better couch...***

Apr 24, 2013, 4:17 PM [ in reply to do you have some inside info you'd like to share? i mean... ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes I could. And with his salary

Apr 24, 2013, 9:01 AM

I could put him to shame. All from my sofa.

Re: Yes I could. And with his salary

Apr 24, 2013, 9:05 AM

He is a pretty #### poor recruiter not a good thing at a place like Clemson. I have a very successful sales background and I know I would smoke him in recruiting.

What would you do to recruit kids that BB does not do?***

Apr 24, 2013, 9:08 AM

a really cool van with lots of cookies n cakes...

Apr 24, 2013, 9:11 AM

the kids love those.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Clemson Themed

Apr 24, 2013, 9:15 AM

Ice Cream truck!!!

They all love ice cream.

Of course, it would play Tiger Rag over and over!***

Apr 24, 2013, 9:16 AM

a 3-color map showing directions to the campus chik fil-a***

Apr 24, 2013, 4:31 PM [ in reply to A Clemson Themed ]

Signed,

Apr 24, 2013, 3:33 PM [ in reply to a really cool van with lots of cookies n cakes... ]

gwp

Wait - are we talking about adult kids or real kids ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

That's not as effective as it used to be...Thanks Dateline!***

Apr 24, 2013, 4:19 PM [ in reply to a really cool van with lots of cookies n cakes... ]

you're right, you sold me already...

Apr 24, 2013, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes I could. And with his salary ]

where do i sign?

Yeah because most people in sales are selling to 17-18 year

Apr 24, 2013, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes I could. And with his salary ]

olds, or in this case the kid is 20 or 21.

Much different than "sales." The only similarity you can make is in basketball in the ACC we are a regional business and Duke, UNC, Syracuse, etc. are multinational corporations.

I mean geez people, you

Apr 24, 2013, 9:04 AM

Could almost get four star players just by saying that they r almost guaranteed to start from day one in the ACC. I mean really.

Holy crap, you're right! It's hard to believe

Apr 24, 2013, 9:07 AM

that BB hasn't thought about that already. You should send him an email today and let him know he's doing it wrong.

i'd hand deliver that game changer gwp. solid platinum ip

Apr 24, 2013, 9:15 AM

can't be risked on the interwebs. it ain't safe.

In all serialness, you do realize recruiting basketball

Apr 24, 2013, 9:10 AM [ in reply to I mean geez people, you ]

players at Clemson is about as hard as recruiting football players at Duke?

^^^^Probably

Apr 24, 2013, 9:17 AM

one of the most realistic comparisons out there!!

Re: ^^^^Probably

Apr 24, 2013, 9:22 AM

I would think this idea would be an easy sell to many players. Here's my idea:

"If you come to CLEMSON, you can break EVERY record in the books". After all - do we have any records that aren't easy to break by some of these top recruits? Yeah - we had Skip Wise - but he only played one year - so even his records could be broken by the right recruit.

Not when you have UNC, DOOK, OHST, Meechigan and the likes

Apr 24, 2013, 9:24 AM

that have team success and individual success to offer.

Re: Brad brownell finally got a commit

Apr 24, 2013, 9:04 AM

IMO - BB should go to the "Dabo School of Recruiting" and take some classes. Dabo is an 'expert' at this stuff. Can't BB at least audit the courses?????

Re: Holy crap, you're right! It's hard to believe

Apr 24, 2013, 9:11 AM

I think u r right. Maybe his presentation sucks and he couldnt close his own front door?!

And to b a good salesman , being likable matters. Maybe recruits don't like him and he needs to work on his approach . Either way, I'd smoke him in recruiting.

You would smoke him too? Is babaganoush one of your

Apr 24, 2013, 9:13 AM

scoks? And how would you smoke him? Rolled? Using a bong? Just curious.

Back in my day(the early 1800s), we smoked tobak-kee

Apr 24, 2013, 9:16 PM

Now are we smokin coaches? What'll these crazy kids think up next?

Ok ok ill tell u what

Apr 24, 2013, 9:18 AM

Want to test this theory . If mr brad brownell is man enough to come and personally ask for my help, then ill work for free and prove I could out recruit most of the ACC all by myself. For free. I have no doubt. And afterwards, I expect lots of apologies on here.

He may not want to be around you if

Apr 24, 2013, 9:20 AM

your ill!

Now we can all just sit back and pray that BB reads tnet and

Apr 24, 2013, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Ok ok ill tell u what ]

will see this post. Come on Brad, theoriginaltiger will get us to the Final Four if you'd just give him a chance!

Can you look up BB's e-mail for him? That might help.

Apr 24, 2013, 9:22 AM

Probably bbrownell@clemson.edu or something close.

I'm scared of the sanctions we would have looming

Apr 24, 2013, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Ok ok ill tell u what ]

If we found one guy that could turn Clemson into out recruiting UNC.

Message was edited by: johnccalhoun®

Re: I'm scared of the sanctions we would have looming

Apr 24, 2013, 4:00 PM

We've already done that once and man did we get the sanctions !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We only have one remaining scholarship but please don't let facts get in the way of your rant.

Make fun but

It's a fact. I could out recruit him and every single member of his staff. Heck, I don't even want a job. I'd do it just to prove a point then quit, just to shut u people up and get my apologies. I have mad skills. Bb doesn't . Good coach but a bad recruiter.

OK so tell us about your contacts with high school and AAU

Apr 24, 2013, 9:26 AM

coaches that you've developed over the years that would allow you to even get within 100 feet of one of these guys.

you seem to be having trouble selling tnet...

Apr 24, 2013, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Make fun but ]

even you can have an off day i guess?

Ok, so let's be serious for a moment here. Let's say by

Apr 24, 2013, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Make fun but ]

some ironic twist of fate, BB hires you to be a recruiter. What do you sell the recruits on that would give you an edge in the ACC over Duke, UNC, Pitt, Cuse, etc? What would you have at Clemson to sell the kids? Playing time? Mediocre facilities? Poor fan support? Lack of program success? As a salesman you can have all the personality in the world, but if you don't have a product to sell to high school kids, how do you get them in the door?

It's a nice idea to say you can sell Clemson, but how do you go into a living room and get kids to play for you when Roy, K, Dixon, etc were just selling their program the day before?

Lol

Apr 24, 2013, 9:28 AM

I don't need a single contact n I could still do better. This is a fact. Laugh it up but it's true. I'm just better. Period.

Re: Ok, so let's be serious for a moment here. Let's say by

Apr 24, 2013, 9:39 AM

I am serious, but u r not listening. I don't want a job. Ill do it for free. All I ask is for bb to ask me nicely for my help n tiger net to apologize when I produce. It's that simple. And when I prove my point, I'm out. You see, I am a good salesman . I did it for years . And I believe in Clemson , been a tiger fan since I could walk. I could sell this place in my sleep. Maybe bb doesn't believe in his product and so they don't believe in it either.

My point remains, bb is a good coach but he sucks as a recruiter. And I do not believe all the garbage about how Clemson is hard to sell. I think it's the people doing the selling.

It's only $12, someone please

Apr 24, 2013, 9:42 AM

http://www.superherostuff.com/simpsons/t-shirts/simpsons-gray-homer-couch-coach-t--shirt.html?itemcd=tssimpcouchcoach

Which Clemson coach in our school's history pulled in the

Apr 24, 2013, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Ok, so let's be serious for a moment here. Let's say by ]

McDonald's All-Americans by the boatload? Tates Locke doesn't count for obvious reasons. Pretty short list. So...maybe it goes a little beyond the coach?

Re: Ok, so let's be serious for a moment here. Let's say by

Apr 24, 2013, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok, so let's be serious for a moment here. Let's say by ]

I think you're pretty clueless.

But.... You guys are100% right

Apr 24, 2013, 9:57 AM

We will never find out if I could out recruit bb. Maybe it is just outta my league. It must b since everyone says it is right?

Truth is , I know I could easily out recruit him. If I didn't get at least two mcd all Americans within 6 months, I'd wash every car on campus. That's how sure I am that bb couldn't recruit his own mom to bake a cake. Anyway, you guys r exactly right. No way they would ever give some bumb like me a chance to prove a point like that even for free. It won't happen. Just wont. Because....

Bb doesn't have the guts to ask me for help and get schooled by little ole know nothing like me. I mean really, what do i know? I imagine that would b pretty embarrassing. So no , it won't happen .

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts once you come

Apr 24, 2013, 10:03 AM

down off that Percocet.

Apr 24, 2013, 10:46 AM

Why am I not shocked that this mouth breather is too stupid to properly use the board.

Learn how to reply or ####.

null

He's too busy signing HS AA's ...***

Apr 24, 2013, 4:23 PM

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic