Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Main recruiting competition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Main recruiting competition

Apr 12, 2020, 6:23 AM

It seems like each recruiting cycle there is 1 school we seem to be battling the most for our top targets. In past years UGA and Auburn have been that team at various years. This year it feels like Ohio State. While we’ve gone against Bama for a few individual targets I don’t remember a year they were our primary recruiting cycle enemy which is interesting given Clemson and Bama have by far been the best programs over the playoff era. Who does everyone see being our chief off the field competitors in the future?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt in my military mind

Apr 12, 2020, 6:40 AM

it be the coots....not.

Been the Dawgs, with the Bucknuts coming on

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Interesting, because we recruit differently...

Apr 12, 2020, 6:49 AM

It is hard to say which school will be our biggest rival because of our standards. There are many potential recruits we don’t pursue and most of our rivals don’t use that same filter. And Dabo’s insistence that “we recruit them until they graduate “ puts us in a more exclusive position. Because of that we end up with recruits that are great people with great potential.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Re: Main recruiting competition

Apr 12, 2020, 7:53 AM

We have a shot at just about any recruit who makes it onto our board .
Given the classes we've gotten recently and how this next one is shaping up you can count our recruiting peers on one paw .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 12, 2020, 11:18 AM

I don't think Penn State is a main recruiting comp for us, but if you follow offers, you will see that they basically offer everyone in the country. Don't know how they have any cred with recruits. Throw enough s... against the wall and some may stick. Recruits for them can't feel special.

Apr 12, 2020, 12:18 PM

The Ohio State Boards we rejoicing because they got Henderson over Clemson. Well, from what I can gather, we much prefer the RB out of North Carolina and I believe at least one recruiting service has him rated over Henderson.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2020, 7:55 PM

Believe you are correct about our preferences. 247 has Henderson listed as a RB but Shipley listed as an APB due to the amount of passes he catches out of the backfield.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2020, 2:41 PM

IMO, our primary competitors are UGA #1, Ohio State #2 and Alabama #3. Nobody else really comes close to those 3.

Next in line are probably LSU, OU, Auburn. Maybe UF.

I've said on several occasions Georgia is the true home state for Clemson recruiting. If you asked which school would help our recruiting haul the most if they disappeared off the map, UGA is the clear answer. I put Ohio State second because they are going next level in 2021 and could pass up UGA permanently in future years.

Apr 13, 2020, 2:09 PM

furman and wofford.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic