Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Magic a racist?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Magic a racist?

Apr 29, 2014, 10:55 PM

Are we really to be believe that Magic, Michael, Chris Paul, etc. have never made a racist statement? Ever?
Keep token! The biggest market for main stream media is for the masses that never get the entire picture. For the record I do believe the guy should be banned for life but let's not act like the other side is completely innocent here. And you can bet your ### that plenty of people interviewed on this topic today wanted to say what i just said but they didn't have the sack to do it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Magic a racist?

Apr 29, 2014, 11:04 PM

uh, big sak = internet posting. hahahahaha!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2014, 11:14 PM

what's your platform? My point was that if not for money and greed more people would say what I said. That would take courage. Something we don't see the mainstream media focusing on too much today..

Apr 30, 2014, 8:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 29, 2014, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Magic a racist? ]

The biggest problem I have with the whole thing is that yes, Sterling is a racist idiot and deserves everything he gets or loses as this entire process unfolds. Punish HIM and punish him hard........ But WHY, every time one jerk surfaces like Sterling, do we have to go back 50 years and lump all white people into the argument?

Just cuz Sterling is an idiot, all white people do not deserve to be lumped in with him. Every time an idiot like him is exposed, he should and will be punished. Enough with using every racist to bring everyone down with him. It will never be a perfect world. We must keep moving forward and stop this mentality that erases all the progress every time one IDIOT opens his ignorant racist mouth

All I can do is shake my head.

Apr 29, 2014, 11:13 PM

I'm going to assume that you've made your fair share of racist remarks. Have we all made jokes? Sure, but I've never once excluded myself from anyone purely on b/c of their ethnicity.

Apparently sterling hasn't excluded himself either

Apr 29, 2014, 11:26 PM

Considering he is sleeping with one.

Apr 29, 2014, 11:19 PM

I can't believe you posted this. How can you even imply
approval of what this Neanderthal idiot said?

Apr 29, 2014, 11:23 PM

you are one of those that cannot comprehend the written language. bet you have a problem with active listening as well. "I agree he should be banned for life" Did you read that part? imply approval? what?

Apr 29, 2014, 11:34 PM

If you are referring to my post.....I think Sterling should be banned for life, should be forced to sell the team, and whatever else they can think of....... IMHO, I do not think that every time an idiot like Sterling shows his ugly, bitter, racist views, we should once again begin to scream that we have made no progress and once again convict by association, all whites.

Every right thinking person is appalled by the comments of this racist idiot. I refuse to to think one idiot wipes out more than 100 yrs of progress. The past will never be erased, and shouldn't be. But progress has been made and will continue to be unless we keep moving forward. Wasn't that Obama's line.......FORWARD? Let's keep moving forward.

Apr 29, 2014, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Magic a racist? ]

That's kind of the issue though. It seems like if you don't want to take all of this man's possessions and defame his name you are somehow thrown in the same boat as he is. No room to say it isn't a big deal.

So what about all the people that look at the ray rice situation and say it might not be a big deal or maybe we should wait for all the facts to come out before we react. Am I allowed to assume that those people are wife beaters too?

There just are some issues that bring out a mob like mindset in society. I really don't understand the rhyme or reason to this one. After all the NBA and NAACP knew about this guy they bring him down on some underhandedly distributed tape to TMZ by his jaded former gold digger that sounded like she was fishing him for dirt to me. There was no room for forgiveness or a sincere apology by Sterling.

For the record I think racism is reprehensible, but I like Mark Cuban understand that if we all start trying to be thought police we will get on a slippery slope.

I find this interesting

Apr 30, 2014, 12:01 AM

If he was so reprehensible (which I don't disagree with) why was the NAACP scheduled to give him an award? If they knew about his antics, how could they ignore them up until this?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/donald-sterling-naacp-award

Re: I find this interesting

Apr 30, 2014, 7:42 AM

Bingo

I don't think they should make him sell the team! How can they he bought it.

Money?

Apr 30, 2014, 7:43 AM [ in reply to I find this interesting ]

Covers all sins according to the NAACP.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, I've learned something today

Apr 29, 2014, 11:23 PM

There are no black racist. Only white racist.

*Advanced head shaking implied

lol

Apr 29, 2014, 11:25 PM

you said token

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol

Apr 29, 2014, 11:44 PM

I thought that I was the only one to notice that. In the context of the discussion, I guess that there is a big difference between "Toking" and "Token". Freudian??

Seriously?

Apr 30, 2014, 12:09 AM

The "other side" doesn't have anything to do with this. Magic doesn't have anything to do with this except his name getting mentioned by Sterling. Sterling showed his true colors, kinda sorta the same as you are doing. He's a racist, accept the fact he got caught and move on.

thats just it he got caught..

Apr 30, 2014, 12:41 AM

on recording..dude is stupid in what he was saying..but the op has some what of a point..if we put a recorder in every nba locker room with out telling the players..im sure many would be shocked of the things they hear regarding race,gays and so on. just because one says what op says doesnt mean they think what sterling said or did was right.there is no excuse for what he did.what i have learned most in life is usually the ones who scream the loudest are the biggest offenders.they scream loud to clear their conscience

Barkley said he hates white people....

Apr 30, 2014, 7:22 AM

but gets to sit his racist ### in a studio and talk about the Sterling situation.

http://articles.philly.com/1995-02-13/sports/25707025_1_phoenix-suns-star-suns-owner-jerry-colangelo-joke

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Blacks can't be racist, racist.

Apr 30, 2014, 9:05 AM

But since you're a racist you wouldn't know that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ0QfLkjujY

David Copperfield ain't gonna like this.***

Apr 30, 2014, 7:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic