Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Five-star running back details "incredible" visit to Clemson for A&M game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Five-star running back details "incredible" visit to Clemson for A&M game

Sep 12, 2019, 5:00 PM

Five-star running back details "incredible" visit to Clemson for A&M game

Clemson has a pair of offers out to running backs in the 2021 class at this point, and one of those, Phil Mafah of Loganville, GA, already has committed. The other with an offer is Shipley, a 5-star talent out of Matthews (NC) Weddington who took in his first game at Death Valley last weekend when the Tigers defeated Texas A&M. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VERY Nice.

Sep 12, 2019, 5:35 PM

Kid sounds like he knows what is important to him, asks direction question and expects direct answers. No kidding around ... kinda what you expect in a running back!

Look forward to seeing more or Mr. Shipley.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Mafah is a bright kid. He knows if the shoe was on the other

Sep 12, 2019, 6:10 PM

foot, and this kid had jumped onboard immediately, his (Mafah) offer was probably gone. So, unlike others who have slow played us to their chagrin in the past, he committed soon after being offered. This story reads like "Other running backs need not apply" now for 2021.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is one smart Mafahcker***

Sep 12, 2019, 7:10 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Five-star running back details "incredible" visit to Clemson for A&M game

Sep 12, 2019, 6:20 PM

1 . Why is a 5? RB from Matthews NC ( semi-local ) not being recruited as a running back ? Admittedly , I haven't watched his recruiting tapes at all yet , but does anyone know why he'd maybe get a WR offer instead of his first position in HS ?

2. It's a good decision on this kid's part to forego that visit for the Alabama/Dirtpecker game on Saturday .
Nobody should have to witness that kind of bloodbath and be there visiting the team being massacred . I mean , what would they talk about ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: TNET: Five-star running back details

Sep 12, 2019, 6:28 PM

I think he was saying that he asked coach Elliot the question of is there still a spot open for RB or are you going to try and recruit as a WR?, since he was told we were only taking 1 RB. I think that is what was meant by that but as a APB he can catch so slit wouldn’t be out of question but def think we are targeting him as a RB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Five-star running back details

Sep 12, 2019, 6:43 PM

One thing I know about this staff is that they know what to do with a kid once they have them on campus .
I'm just greedy and uninformed on this one ... a serious condition of the avid Clemson fan .

DB23

Re: TNET: Five-star running back details "incredible" visit to Clemson for A&M game

Sep 12, 2019, 6:42 PM

What would any bodies guess be on why he couldn't get things lined up at USUC for his visit being this week with Bama in town. Could any of those reasons be that Mustcan't don't want any recruits witnessing the beatdown and the turmoil between players and coaches on the side lines. I know that I'm going to think the worst when it's about the coots, but I also feel that I'm pretty close with my opinion on why he couldn't get things worked out to visit the coots, and had to schedule a trip to another school!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 6:50 PM

I bet you're close to right .
He'd be privy to a lot of negatives this weekend .
He'd see the product on the field for one ( not a good look ) , then he'd be able to make a comparison between them and a really good football team ( there's a wide discrepancy there ) and he'd see their classless fans both booing the home team and then performing their weekly 3rd quarter exit stampede ... ( another sad footnote to a dismal day at the roach ) .
Muscreant probably told him to come back during the Vanderbilt game .

DB23

Good point

Sep 12, 2019, 9:21 PM

If I was Muschump I would definitely want the kid to attend the Vandy game instead, Vandy will only beat them by 20.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2019, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star running back details "incredible" visit to Clemson for A&M game ]

It is odd, because this is supposed to be a huge recruiting weekend for sc. Maybe Shipley was just being diplomatic about it and didn't want to go.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2019, 12:17 PM

Will Shipley's words, He looked at going to South Carolina for the Bama game, But couldn't get that worked out!!! My thoughts, and I'm sure this is the thoughts of others by the way Shipley said it, is that he couldn't get it worked out with the school, and usuc is about 2 hours from his home. And it is about 9 hours to FSU where he will travel to bc he couldn't get it worked out for this weekend at usuc with Bama in cootlumbia. I'm going out on a limb and say that Muschamp didn't want a 5* recruit visiting when they were about to get a serious beat down with a NC RB on their team. What better would tell Shipley that he couldn't help that program!!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This dude would fit right in at Clemson!

Sep 12, 2019, 9:26 PM

We need a strong RB that can catch in the slot. And, he seems like his personality matches the Clemson persona.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots dodged a bullet***

Sep 12, 2019, 10:11 PM

Sep 13, 2019, 9:35 AM

He’ll end up here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2019, 12:22 PM

I think you could be onto something there kerigantoo, and I couldn't think of a better place for him to go other than Clemson university if it's FB he wants to play, the home of an Elite FB program!!!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic