Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spencer Lytle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Spencer Lytle

Jul 30, 2018, 2:02 PM

The LB out of Cali is still on track to made a decision this weekend. I know a lot of people have surmised that Bentley may have taken Lytle's spot, and that is NOT the case. If Lytle wants to come to Clemson then (so I have been told) that Brent Venables absolutely wants him. I've spoken with Lytle today (story to come later) and he says he is still making up his mind between Clemson and Wisconsin.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wisconsin?

Jul 30, 2018, 2:03 PM

lol. Welcome to Clemson, Spencer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Not so fast my friend, Wisconsin has cheese and beer and ok yeah Clemson never mind.***

Jul 30, 2018, 2:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not so fast my friend, Wisconsin has cheese and beer and ok yeah Clemson never mind.***

Jul 30, 2018, 3:13 PM

… and Wisconsin also has lots and lots of girls in the Germanic/Norse blonde-type , apparently .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

True but they are nuttier than squirrel chit.

Jul 30, 2018, 7:34 PM

Midwestern women are all alike and I've know many over the years. Gimme a good ole redneck girl who can pull a plow, make babies and biscuits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He would find that at the University of South Carolina.

Jul 30, 2018, 9:32 PM

He isn’t considering them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Not so fast my friend, Wisconsin has cheese and beer and ok yeah Clemson never mind.***

Jul 30, 2018, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Not so fast my friend, Wisconsin has cheese and beer and ok yeah Clemson never mind.*** ]

Who has ever heard of the Famous Wisconsin Blue Cheese?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wisconsin?

Jul 30, 2018, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Wisconsin? ]

Do you have an inside source ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Q. Crouch completely off the table?

Jul 30, 2018, 2:04 PM

Seems like we would still take him as well but how many LBs are we going to take in this class?!?

Crouch is an oversign ******

Jul 30, 2018, 2:08 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crouch is an oversign ******

Jul 30, 2018, 2:33 PM

So are we sure we gonna convert him to LB or his he gonna be a big back for us? Hmmmmm

Re: The sell here is obvious: come to Clemson where you can

Jul 30, 2018, 2:10 PM

win championships. At Wisconsin, not so much.

Screw Calford.

he's essentially a lock to clemson

Jul 30, 2018, 2:13 PM

how many 3*'s does wisconsin get?

Well that should take all of a microsecond.***

Jul 30, 2018, 2:14 PM

Re: Spencer Lytle

Jul 30, 2018, 2:14 PM

Would we take Crouch as well?

Jul 30, 2018, 2:18 PM

Yep

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 2:28 PM

Nothing wrong with Wisconsin. Between Wisconsin and northwestern you’ll get a good education. I see both of those two as being the class of the B1G. Lots of Cali kids get a steady diet of them because of the Rose bowl etc.

He’s a very classy kid and I couldn’t fault him for picking Wisconsin. He knows CBV is the best and probably a very tough decision for him. Good luck Big fella and the good Lord guide you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 2:37 PM

Academics aside, Wisconsin is a frigid wasteland. For Lytle to pass up the chance to be coached by Venables---arguably the best LB coach in football---is questionable (IMHO).

Screw Calford.

Inarguably.***

Jul 30, 2018, 3:07 PM

Madison is a great little city and gorgeous campus.

Jul 30, 2018, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Spencer Lytle ]

Situated on a spit of land surrounded by two ancient pristine glacier formed lakes, it's as picturesque a setting for a college as you'll find anywhere.

Of course it gets cold there in the winter, but not necessarily during football season.

I was there during a game in early November and it was short sleeve weather.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Madison is a great little city and gorgeous campus.

Jul 30, 2018, 3:33 PM

Try it in January and get back to me.

Screw Calford.

Jul 30, 2018, 3:39 PM

I don't need to try it in January.

Everyone knows it gets really, really cold there in the dead of winter.

But January football is going to be played in a dome or a sunshine city, not outdoors in Madison.

I agree that it's different from Clemson in many ways, but you make a mistake by selling it short.

It may be attractive to certain football recruits who might actually like it better for the purposes of playing football in the spring, summer, and fall than the hot, humid deep south.

Other than the seasonal temperature extremes, Madison and Clemson have a lot of similarities.

Jul 30, 2018, 3:46 PM

I don't need to sell it short. It sells itself short.

Screw Calford.

Jul 30, 2018, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Madison is a great little city and gorgeous campus. ]

You got lucky. It’s much more likely to be frigid in November.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Madison is a great little city and gorgeous campus. ]

One weekend in early November is not a very good sampling of weather in Wisconsin in November. It can get very cold early November. The kicker is it snows there from November to early May. They got 15” of snow this past May.

Average daytime temp in November in Madison is 46 degrees

Jul 30, 2018, 9:09 PM

But, I agree ... it could get worse in late November. But, then football season is basically over by then.

If you’re any good you’re headed for a nice warm weather bowl.

Anyhoo, I’m not trying to make Wisconsin into some sort of tropical paradise. Just saying it’s a beautiful college town in a very nice area of the country.

Average temperature for Madison, Wisconsin for November 1

Jul 30, 2018, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Madison is a great little city and gorgeous campus. ]

High 50 degrees F, Low 38 degrees F.

Wisconsin is very nice ... right now

Jul 30, 2018, 3:58 PM

Would love to be there.

When November rolls around, give me all the SC I can get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wisconsin is very nice ... right now

Jul 30, 2018, 9:22 PM

Average weather in Madison, WI. in November: High temp 46, low temp 27.

Anderson, SC High 65, Low 40.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic