Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers at Boston College -- transport options
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Tigers at Boston College -- transport options

Jul 9, 2012, 8:43 PM

Looking to fly into the game at BC from Mich with the wife & kids. Anyone have advice on ease of transport around the city? Can you take the subway from the hotel to the stadium? It's been years since I was in Boston and would rather not rent a car. I seem to recall the subway was a good option. We'll probably stay at the Marriott for the package thru Premiere Sports. Is it worth it to go with their ground transport to/from the game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Made the trip a few years ago. Stay in the city and take the

Jul 9, 2012, 9:08 PM

subway to Chestnut Hill. I seem to remember it being a 20-30 minute ride with a ton of Clemson fans. The ride back sucked after being robbed in a 34-33 double OT loss.

I was on that subway with you.

Jul 9, 2012, 9:11 PM

And yes, it sucked.

Re: I was on that subway with you.

Jul 10, 2012, 9:09 AM

As was I. Only thing that it bearable was the fact that most Bostonians don't give a flip about BC football and probably had no idea that we even played much less that BC won.

That's true. I remember when we first got to Boston

Jul 10, 2012, 9:21 AM

we were walking around town in our Clemson orange. There were a LOT of Clemson fans there for that game. I heard someone say, "Why are all these people wearing orange". Most of them had no idea Clemson was playing BC a couple of days later.

Ditto. Stay in Back Bay

Jul 9, 2012, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Made the trip a few years ago. Stay in the city and take the ]

Been twice to games and going again this year.

You can take the subway from the airport to your hotel but with kids and luggage, I would get a cab.

From there you can walk or take cabs anywhere.

Bring your orange - you will be surprised how many other fans you'll see.

Far and away my favorite away game.

We took train to game and taxi back.***

Jul 9, 2012, 9:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^This^^^^ *******

Jul 10, 2012, 8:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the BC chat board has a whole section on their

Jul 9, 2012, 9:30 PM

site about how to "do" Boston....

Because heaven forbid those arrogant yankee-holes have to repeat themselves in a post or 2.

All 15 of them that go to the game ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: I think the BC chat board has a whole section on their

Jul 9, 2012, 9:35 PM

Thanks guys. I'll stop over to the BC board and check it out.

Re: Tigers at Boston College -- transport options

Jul 9, 2012, 9:49 PM

We' ve traveled with Premeire sports many times and used their bus to the stadium in Boston. It worked really well for us and you know exactly where to be and when to be there. Even the Boston fans were pretty gracious where we were. Only the score sucked. (2010)

Message was edited by: craigrph®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I echo the others. Stay in the city and take the subway

Jul 10, 2012, 4:28 AM

I went to 2 games, stayed once at the Marriott Longwharf and the other the Marriott Copley place. Both were nice and had their advantages. Never needed a car to see anything while we were there. BC is the last stop on one of the subway lines and literally drops you off right near the stadium. It is a bit of a ride out there so allow yourself time, but if you're looking for a cheaper trip outside of premiere travel that's probably the way to go!

I've stayed at the Marriott Copley Place as well

Jul 10, 2012, 8:39 AM

Great location in relative close proximity to Fenway Park

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

We took the subway/train and had a great time

Jul 10, 2012, 4:48 AM

there are a lot of stops from downtown out to BC, so allow yourself extra time, but the kids enjoyed it. It was an easy walk to the stadium from the stop.

Around Boston you do not need a car - subways or just plain walking are the best alternative.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stay in the city and take the trains

Jul 10, 2012, 8:31 AM

If you have a car, finding parking will be a complete nightmare and all of the hotels will charge you upwards of $50.00 per day to park. The trains will take you anywhere you want to go (including the game), it is very reasonably priced, and it's safe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

No not rent a car. Take the subway from the airport, around

Jul 10, 2012, 9:03 AM

town, and to the game. They have them lined up after the game so you can get out fast if you want to.

BC is my favorite round game. Love the town.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic