Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mackensie Alexander thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Mackensie Alexander thoughts

Feb 7, 2013, 1:32 PM

I just watched some more tape on this guy and decided to kinda break it down and get a better grasp of his capabilities. The first thing I have to say is this guy can tackle. At 5'11 180 pounds he is not the biggest guy but he lowers his shoulders and wraps up on opponents legs, either cutting their legs out from under them or tripping them up.

Secondly this kid has amazing vision. He has a great gift of reading the play. (I just pray teams throw screens his way because he will blow that play up for a lose every time) He makes quick work of WR's attempts at blocking him on run plays and on screens. The one play he did get caught with a good block he quickly spun off the defender to make the tackle.

Third he is fast. He was always step for step with every receiver and instead of playing the receiver he would turn his hips and make the play on the ball. Always being in perfect position to get up and catch or break up the pass. He has great hands and was great at timing his jump to catch the ball at the highest point.

It took me a long time to finally find something wrong with the kid on tape and this is just nit picky so don't hate me for saying it. When returning interceptions or punts he would tend to go right. Always wanting to have the ball in his right hand. He did show he could switch hands and run with it in his left but avoided it often. Could become a ball security issue if he is forced up the left side.

Everything that I hear from scouting report about him say he has a high motor and works hard every practice. I read an article about his parents and how one day he hopes to help provide for them by getting to the NFL. I think this drives this kid. He was quoted saying "They gave everything for me for 18 yeara why can't I give everything I have for them for 60 minutes"

All in all like everyone else has said he should come in and be able to help immediately! He has the skills and natural ability to come in and start. He loves being put on an island and shutting down the WR. Id like to see him beef up a little. My final thought is this guy is SPECIAL. A great compliment with Blanks at safety!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll start from day 1. Thanks for the summary

Feb 7, 2013, 1:41 PM

I love the fact that we have a lock down corner and an elite safety in the making with these two. Alexadner can shut down one side of the field and No WR will want to catch the ball with Blanks ready to lay the wood.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He'll start from day 1. Thanks for the summary

Feb 7, 2013, 1:59 PM

Totally agree, probably take awhile for zone concepts . But man to man on his island he will be from spring practice to the day he tells us he's going pro . That kids the real deal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He'll start from day 1. Thanks for the summary

Feb 7, 2013, 1:59 PM [ in reply to He'll start from day 1. Thanks for the summary ]

Yes. I think he pushes for starting time from day one. Baker and Edmondson are cover corners also. This class is a great talent upgrade in the secondary. Good to see players that can locate the ball while its in the air.
Hope TJ Green plays wideout I think he could be special along with K. Priester.

Think about this.

Feb 7, 2013, 2:01 PM [ in reply to He'll start from day 1. Thanks for the summary ]

Him & Travis Blanks together in the secondary laying the wood. Ouch!!

We're gonna get to see these two for at least 2-3 years.

Throw in Ben Bouware, roaming sideline to sideline....god I would hate to get hit by any of those three!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The quote was from his brother

Feb 7, 2013, 2:00 PM

but they both have the same mindset when it comes to their parents

They say he was the only CB to give Sammy problems in HS

Feb 7, 2013, 2:09 PM

And he was only a Sophomore at the time. Big get for the Tigers.

Very sure tackler!

Feb 7, 2013, 2:18 PM

After watching his film, I agree 100% with the OP's thoughts, especially those on tackling. He doesn't miss tackles, gets low and cuts their legs out from under them. He will be very good at avoiding the cut blocks from GT's WRs. Fast with no wasted motion. Looks as if he could be a good KR/PR also.

Looking forward to this kid helping us as early as next year.

thought i saw him signing w/ his left hand....

Feb 7, 2013, 3:45 PM

may explain why the L arm is kept free to shed blocker?

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic