Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"MY" Season PREVIEW and PREDICTION
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

"MY" Season PREVIEW and PREDICTION

Aug 27, 2012, 9:18 AM

(Atlanta) vs AUBURN....
The first game, I battled back and forth what I thought would happen here. Would our defense be up to the challenge, would our offense be clicking on all cyclinders. After much debate, its not a game I would like to start the season with. Clemson's offense is alil' rusty early and Auburn pulls out a 28 to 24 win.
Clemson-0-1

BALL STATE....
I think alot of people are seeing this game as an easy win. Personally,I'm not. Say what you want, but I think the Tigers have their hands full in this one. Clemson still gets the win, but it won't be easy. Clemson wins 34 to 24 (Clemson 1-1)

FURMAN...
Sammy's return!And maybe the Tigers try alil' too hard to get Watkins back into the mix. Clemson wins,but Furman does hang tough, for while-31 to 10 (Clemson 2-1)

At FLA STATE...
This is a game I think Clemson "can" win. But playing in Talahassee will be tough. For now, I have to give the Noles the edge. FSU wins 20 to 17 (Clemson-2-2)

at BOSTON COLLEGE...
after the loss to FSU,the Tigers come into BC sulking alil' bit. After a lack luster 1st half, the Tigers get it done in the 2nd half and beat the Eagles 31 to 20.
(Clemson 3-2)

GEORGIA TECH...
I think this will be a BIG game for the Tigers. Clemson will come into this one ready to play. I can see Sammy Watkins having another career day, and maybe even 200 yds receiving in this one.Tigers get it done, 45 to 28.
(Clemson 4-2)

VA TECH...
Can Clemson beat the Hokies 3 times in a row? Once again, this is a game I'm going back and forth with. So I'm hoping for the win,Clemson gets it done and are tough at home. 24 to 14 (Clemson 5-2)

At WAKE FOREST..
Crazy things happen in Winston Salem,right. But Clemson hopefully learns from the 2011 game and gets it done again. Clemson prevails 34 to 20.
(Clemson 6-2)

At DUKE...
its just Duke,right? And hopefully we treat them as such. Clemson rolls 42 to 17 (Clemson 7-2)

MARYLAND...
homecoming for the Tigers. And hopefully Clemson's defense has a better showing. Clemson doesn't let the home crowd down and beats the Terps 48 to 24.
(Clemson 8-2)

NC STATE...
Ya don't think revenge is on the mind of Clemson,I do. Clemson lights it up again and beats the Wolfpack 38 to 10 (Clemson 9-2)

S.CAROLINA....
Clemson fans are so hungry to beat the Coots again.And in 2012, CLEMSON gets back on track to owning the Coots again. I will never surrender to the yard birds. Clemson wins 28 to 24 (Clemson 10-2)

For the ACC CHAMPIONSHIP, I have predicted a return for-
CLEMSON AND GA TECH**
I would love to think that Clemson WILL get it done again, and I think they can. BY ALL MEANS. But beating Ga tech twice in the same year will be tough. Maybe we're the 2011 version of Va tech? Tigers fall short and the Jackets win the ACC.
CLEMSON-31
GA TECH-38
(Clemson 10-3)

After a heart breaking loss in the ACCCG, the Tigers end up in the Chick Fli bowl-another return to the Ga dome where the FLORIDA GATORS are waiting.
Better believe the Tigers are alot better prepared and take down Florida 31 to 20.

Clemson ends the season ranked inside the top #15 nationally, and a 11-3 record sets the Tigers up well for 2013.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We kill AU this weekend, ruins your whole prediction***

Aug 27, 2012, 9:24 AM

Ok,I hope so..

Aug 27, 2012, 9:37 AM

have no problems being wrong.

;)

Auburn has too many question marks to give them the edge

Aug 27, 2012, 9:32 AM

FSU is winnable despite their billing as a NC contender. I'm cool with everything else you stated except for the ACCCG. If we get there against GT and have already beaten them once then I trust Venables to get our team ready for them again. Our LBs are already working on shedding cut blocks so as long as they are prepared and fundamentally sound, two things stressed by Brent I think we can beat them twice in one year.

What loses do you see?

Aug 27, 2012, 9:38 AM

:)

Re: What loses do you see?

Aug 27, 2012, 9:46 AM

There are a couple games I am nervous about for sure but Auburn isn't one of them. FSU on the road and N.C. State and South Carolina all make me a little nervous.

NC STATE?

Aug 27, 2012, 9:51 AM

have to laugh on that 1...
Granted..I wasn't laughing after last year's. Just can't see that happening again.

2 cents.

Re: NC STATE?

Aug 27, 2012, 10:01 AM

So you can believe we will lose to a bad Auburn team but not N.C.State? IMO State will be a much better team than Auburn. Now I am not counting it as a lose but N.C. State will be one of the better teams in the ACC. You can mark it down. You will see when they beat Tennessee on Friday.

FSU, SC, GT and to some extent NC ST all worry me a bit

Aug 27, 2012, 10:26 AM [ in reply to What loses do you see? ]

FSU, SC because of just how strong their DL is and how young our OL is, thought this is moreso for FSU as by SC we'll have gelled. GT because I have to see it to believe it about us stopping the option. NC ST because I still have bad memories about what they did to us.

Re: "MY" Season PREVIEW and PREDICTION

Aug 27, 2012, 9:35 AM

Thats a pretty good prediction except I think we handle Auburn. If we can't beat a very pedestrian Auburn team what makes you think we will win 10 plus games? They are average at best and if we lose to them we may be in for a very bad season. Here is to hoping that doesn't happen.

If the Auburn game was at home

Aug 27, 2012, 9:40 AM

I would feel alot better.

We kill AU this weekend. :)

Aug 27, 2012, 9:43 AM

a

Thurs night @ WF = a loss.

Aug 27, 2012, 9:44 AM

a

Cant figure out how to take off these orange colored glasses

Aug 27, 2012, 9:50 AM

Tigers 12-0 regular season, repeating ACC champs. Lose in NCG.......... High hopes right?

Hey,that should be the goal every year.....right.***

Aug 27, 2012, 9:52 AM

Aug 27, 2012, 10:13 AM

If we lose to FSU - we will NOT be playing in the ACCCG. We got lucky last year, but it won't happen again this year. FSU will be better this year - so we had better improve too.

I'm still in the 7-5 to 10-2 camp, but AU losing their starting Center makes me think it will be 8-4 to 11-1 now. If we only have a single loss, then that 1 loss will be to FSU or SUC. Too many unknowns to predict that high yet.

FSU is going to pull an FSU and lose a game or 2

Aug 27, 2012, 10:32 AM

that they shouldnt. Jimbo cant seem to keep his team focused throught the whole season.

I agree

Aug 27, 2012, 10:42 AM

and think they they go 9-3 at BEST.

Good job of staying realistic, but

Aug 27, 2012, 10:14 AM

I dont see us loosing to FSU and making it to the ACC Champ. I look at that game as the quarter finals of the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just saying...

Aug 27, 2012, 10:18 AM

1 loss to FSU, and you're still 7-1 in the ACC?

Ok got the glasses off

Aug 27, 2012, 11:18 AM

Yeah, I feel that a loss to FSU won't kill us. They still have questions in the running game and O-line. What I am nervous about is the game at Wake. They played us really tight at home last year. A loss at their house would put us at two losses in the division. Which could get ugly. This is going to be a very interesting year and I can't wait. I'm standing firm at 10-2. Go Tigers!

Re: Ok got the glasses off

Aug 27, 2012, 11:23 AM

The FSU pundits last year thought a loss to CLEMSON wouldn't keep them out of the ACCCG - how'd that work out for THEM?

No - we desperately need to beat FSU at Doak. This is our MOST CRITCAL game.

I'll greet you on that ;)***

Aug 27, 2012, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Ok got the glasses off ]

I get by with a little help from my friends....***

Aug 27, 2012, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Good job of staying realistic, but ]

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

I can not stand when Tiger fans predict

Aug 27, 2012, 11:30 AM

bad things for the Tigers. WTEff is wrong with people? I realize that my habit of predicting us to win every game and win the ACC is not very realistic but I would NEVER EVER predict we make it to the ACCCG and lose.

All in, ######!

What!????

Aug 27, 2012, 12:05 PM

Not sure your hard core response deserves a reply,
but I'll give it one.

Listen,I want the Tigers to win every game as much as
the next person. Just like I want to win the lottery
today...which in both is very UNLIKELY to happen.
Each to his own, but its how we see it playing out.
U want 14-0? ok, just 4 u...

CLEMSON WINS EVERY GAME AND WINS THE NC, you ok now?

IF only that were true

Aug 27, 2012, 12:11 PM

I'd have a heart attack at 27.

FYI

Aug 27, 2012, 12:33 PM

Sammy goes all Heisman on FSU due to his first major game after suspension to crush them. CU wins the ACC and for what it is worth we will play UVA Wahoos in the ACCCG!

Aug 27, 2012, 12:41 PM

Losing their star OL at center to suspension was a huge blow to an Auburn team with a QB making his first start. I think Clemson pulls out a close win with their more experienced QB play.

Wrong***

Aug 27, 2012, 1:29 PM

Tigers finish 10-2 with losses to FSU and Wake.

Go to the Sun Bowl and beat the tar out of the Pac 12 team.

Finish #12, sets up nicely for a top 10 preseason ranking in 2013.

WRONG?????

Aug 28, 2012, 8:52 AM

Huh..

I don't think we're that far off from our pred.

(confused)

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic