Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MIami Scouting Report
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

MIami Scouting Report

Nov 27, 2017, 3:39 PM

Ok I am a Miami fan not a troll just trying to be helpful
Our team is not very deep but steps up in big games here is position by position breakdown

QB:
Rosier is inaccurate but is a good runner and is pretty clutch. He is good in the 4th quarter usually but not always(as you can see against pitt)

RB:
Mark Walton who is the acc best rb preseason is out for the year happened during fsu game

Our starter is homer who is not super shifty but he hits holes hard and is super fast. He likes contact also.

Deejay Dallas is a freshman athlete that was a qb in high school. Expect him to get the ball in the wildcat a bit and he could throw in a trick play.

WR:
Ahmmon richards is IMO a top 3 wide reciever in the country when healthy. The problem is hes been banged up all year so expect a hobbled up richards but hes still effective.

Berrios is like renfrow(not because hes white) because they are both not insanely talented but they are clutch and have great hands.

Jeff thomas is a super fast freshman who has made a few huge plays.

TE:
Chris Herndon is a stud but out wor the year

Michael Irvin Jr. is our backup who is somewhat talented but lacks discipline and is a question mark.

O Line:
They step up in big games and their best games were vs fsu notre dame and vag tech.

We dont have any depth on the line and they aren't good run blockers.

D Tackle:
RJ Mcintosh is a total stud and I think he could be a first rounder this year
Kendrick Norton is very good and has the talent but he is inconsistent

D End:
Our most stacked position. We have former freshman all american joe jackson who is a stud and is really fast.

Chad thomas is like 6-5 and has all the talent and he stops the run well and has had a great year.

We have two very good backups also

Linebacker:

Shaq quarterman is a stud middle linebacker

Michael Pinckney is very fast and instinctive and has an attitude(my favorite defender)

Zach Mccloud has all the talent in the world but hes undisciplined and misses some easy tackles

Corner:
Mike Jackson is very good corner who has had a great year

Malek young is undersized and is really talented and is a great cover corner but is a bad tackler

Trajan Bandy is a freshman but maybe our best corner. He has made countless plays(pick six to seal the deal vs notre dame) he will likely guard renfrow and that will be a battle.

Safety:
Jaquan Johnson has been awesome and has had acc d back of the week 3 times in a row

Sheldrick Redwine has been good not great and has been a pretty sure tackler

This team thrives on disrespect and will be ready to play. Dont expect to blow us out it will be a close game.

There will be players and former coaches coming over and giving speeches and getting them juiced so they will be ready to play.

I don't know who will win and a little nervous about our tight ends but our team has great leaders and we won't give up.

Im really excited for the game and expect a battle. This team is not like recent miami teams.

I expect a low scoring game that will come down to turnovers.

Whoever gives away less turnovers wins IMO.

Im open to questions and hope its a good game!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MIami Scouting Report

Nov 27, 2017, 3:44 PM

You definitely spent a lot of time making this, thanks it was an interesting read!

Nov 27, 2017, 3:45 PM

Bored at work I was just interested in your opinions

Re Thanks, we are mediocre at best. at all positions***

Nov 27, 2017, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: MIami Scouting Report ]

Thanks for the info.

Nov 27, 2017, 3:45 PM

Expect a little more scoring than you do.

Clemson wins by 21

Nov 27, 2017, 3:47 PM

Sorry to bust your bubble.Just not in our league yet. Give Richt 4 recruiting classes before you even think you are.

Re: Clemson wins by 21

Nov 27, 2017, 3:54 PM

ok we will see. MIami produces more nfl players each year than clemson and clemson won a natty last year. I wouldn't be so certain if I was you.

Watch MIami vs Notre Dame to see us play not pitt. We had a bad game and so did u vs syracuse. Watch our big games then talk ok.

Re: Clemson wins by 21

Nov 27, 2017, 4:11 PM

Miami players drafted from 2010-2017=41 https://247sports.com/college/miami/Team/Miami-Hurricanes-Football-13/DraftPicks?year=alltime
Clemson players drafted from 2010-2017=44 https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Team/Clemson-Tigers-Football-3/DraftPicks?year=alltime

Welcome and thanks for the report.

Nov 27, 2017, 3:53 PM

As someone that has not seen Miami play this year, how have other teams best been able to exploit Miami's weaknesses? Are you more vulnerable against the run or against the pass?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome and thanks for the report.

Nov 27, 2017, 4:16 PM

It depends on our scheme. When we are organized to stop the run we stop it effectively and same with passing. We are not great against qbs qho can throw on the run well which is what happened vs pitt

Nov 27, 2017, 3:54 PM

"Our team is not very deep but steps up in big games"

Which big games would you say your team has stepped up in? Notre Dame at home? I'm curious as to whether you think the "big games" your team has played have prepared them for playing Clemson in Charlotte.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Nov 27, 2017, 4:05 PM

Low for Saturday night to be in the low 40's. This is a factor that no one is talking about. The U will not like playing in cold weather. Yes....that is cold weather for folks that live in South Florida. Clemson by 17.

Nov 27, 2017, 6:32 PM

The biggest factor IMO after watching the 2nd half of the Pitt game. It was mid 40’s Friday in Pittsburgh same as this game. Also Miami has not had a week off and is banged up while we are much healthier than we’ve been in a while. Go tigers!

We haven't had a week off

Nov 27, 2017, 7:23 PM

Oh wait.

Nov 27, 2017, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: MIami Scouting Report ]

Personally I feel that Miami is a team that is up and coming. That Braxton Berrios kid is awesome. Miami has talent but I do not think they have discipline and experience yet. They seem to get fired up at home and off of turnovers and on the flip side they seem to not play as well away from home when they can't feed off of the screaming crowd. They have not learned to bring their own energy. This simply comes from experience. Not trying to put your Canes down, just what I see, and I have watched them play several games this year. Congratulations on your first ACC Divisional Championship and I anticipate seeing you guys again in the ACC Championship Game again soon. I feel that the deciding factor will be how well Miami can stop our front 4 and pick up the crazy blitz packages that Coach V will throw at Rosier since he does not handle the pocket closing in very well.

Clemson 27-17

Nov 27, 2017, 4:20 PM

I dont think its a home or away issue its just that when we play big games we get juiced and vice versa. We almost lost vs uva and g tech at home. Its just the size of the game. Both our defenses have crazy blitz packages and such. I think rosier will play well so I expect something like 24-27 dont know who wins

Nov 27, 2017, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: MIami Scouting Report ]

Umm yeah notre dame counts if u dont recall they just killed usc nc state and michigan state before us and had a ton of confidence.

Clemson scouting report:

Nov 27, 2017, 4:03 PM

Better than Miami and expect a game similar to Louisville, VT or USuCk.

You're a Miami fan but your handle is gotigers124?***

Nov 27, 2017, 4:07 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're a Miami fan but your handle is gotigers124?***

Nov 27, 2017, 4:09 PM

Came looking for this response. Surprised it took this long for someone to ask. Being a miami fan with that handle is the definition of a troll.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2017, 4:21 PM

lol i wouldnt be accepted if my name was cane fan

Nov 27, 2017, 4:24 PM

Cane fan meet @canefan

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha ha! Of course you would. Tmail Crump and

Nov 27, 2017, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: You're a Miami fan but your handle is gotigers124?*** ]

Ask for a Username change. Otherwise you'll just confuse people.

null

Re: Ha ha! Of course you would. Tmail Crump and***

Nov 27, 2017, 5:32 PM

Thought it was a good detail either way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2017, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: You're a Miami fan but your handle is gotigers124?*** ]

He sounds a lot like Auburnfan, Laurelcard, HokieRonJ and some of the other trolls that tries to fluff their team up to impress us.

Tiger Band 70-74

That's what she said...

Nov 27, 2017, 4:15 PM

"Our starter is homer who is not super shifty but he hits holes hard and is super fast. He likes contact also." ?? Sorry I just couldn't resist...

Our team is so pitiful that Dabo needs to leave a trail of

Nov 27, 2017, 4:25 PM

bread crumbs so the team can find the practice field. Miami has this in a lock. They should be sure to take in the sites of Charlotte before the game.

Nov 27, 2017, 4:28 PM

11-2 and ACC runners up is a great season for the U.
Miami will Def be better with MR as coach but then again MR is the Coach .
He couldn't win the Big ones at UGA with more talent than he has at the U.
So I'm not too worried about this game and the Tigers will be well prepared.
38-21 Tigers win pretty easily.

I quit reading at your poser handle. TD. And may

Nov 27, 2017, 4:46 PM

Brent Venables have mercy on your offense's soul.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I think not.

Nov 27, 2017, 5:05 PM

Flat out, honestly you sound like a bitter dirtpecker not a Miami fan.Several fans from other bases not associated with USuCk come here with pride in their handles.You not so much. But moving on to your ridiculous "opinion piece".

I present below my evidence that you are indeed just a coot and not a Canes fan.
"This team thrives on disrespect and will be ready to play. Dont expect to blow us out it will be a close game."<---Flat out what a coot would say.Recent history, as in days before 11-25-2017, that's EXACTLY what the coots said.

Now here is your quote, just in case you are a real Canes fan.But are just too scared to admit it on an opponents board with a righteous Canes Fan handle instead of a "poser" handle.Assuming you are a Canes fan this below is a pathetic reasoning of "why" your team would beat OUR Clemson Tigers.If Canes Coaches can't fire up players on their own, "your" AD is paying Richt and staff waaaaaayyyy too much money, son!Now scoot on outta here little chicky!
"There will be players and former coaches coming over and giving speeches and getting them juiced so they will be ready to play."

Dabo ain't Brian Kelly son.Canes are gawna learn what real men led by real coaches is all about!

GO TIGERS!!!!!BEAT MIAMI!!!!!!!

just no

Nov 27, 2017, 5:08 PM

absolutely no

if you're a troll, this is horrible. if you're a canes fan, you are clueless as to what is about to happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

So, you're saying we'll score less than 58 and y'all

Nov 27, 2017, 5:16 PM

well, y'all will score? Is that what you're saying?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Nov 27, 2017, 5:51 PM

I love your coach
I love for the U to be back
I'm not sure if you have enough skilled guys at all the positions
We will find out Saturday
Good luck

Nov 27, 2017, 5:55 PM

I'll agree it will come down to turnovers but I think Miami has to be at least +2 and may need more. Judging from your scouting report it doesn't sound like your offense will do much on their own. I'm not going to be as brash as some, but I do think that Miami needs to play about 2 notches better than Clemson to win.

Nov 27, 2017, 6:02 PM

As long as y'all don't start throwing bottles at us, you're okay.

Nov 27, 2017, 6:10 PM

If you really are a Canes fan, tell your coach the Tigers are just ##### cats and they really do not even need to practice. Tell him not to even bother covering #13 as he drops everything especially on third down...he's a walkon washout. Don't worry about #9 either, Etienne is slow as an old man with a bum knee, and he will literally wait for someone to tackle him. The defense is real slow with absolutely no pass rush...so tell your QB he can just stand in the pocket like a statue for at least 15 seconds to survey the field. Our only good QB is Jimmy Greenbeans...but he may not play. You guys should have no problems.

How many tds does berry o have in the natty?***

Nov 27, 2017, 6:13 PM

Re: How many tds does berry o have in the natty?***

Nov 27, 2017, 6:51 PM

lol have you watched miami play. They dont fold ever that is one of their strengths

Re: How many tds does berry o have in the natty?***

Nov 27, 2017, 6:52 PM

wrong person

Nov 27, 2017, 6:32 PM

Obvious statement being Miami thrives when they dominate the turnover line. Most of which being interceptions I believe. Our strong point is low risk passes and explosive running, our strengths will be the difference in my opinion. Miami needs a run game to be productive against most defense which is another thing Clemson thrives against, I think our "been there done that" players and the fact it will be nearly 40 degrees less than what Miami has played in all year except at Pitt, which they didn't do well in will a big difference. Always could be the fact Miami looked past them as we did Syracuse. I expect this to be a good game with lots of talent everywhere on both teams.

Point for Vag Tech***

Nov 27, 2017, 6:47 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thumbs Up for being respectful with comments...

Nov 27, 2017, 7:12 PM

...and you are welcome here as long as you keep it that way.

However, I do agree your username needs changing to gocanes124 or something if you intend to join us for ACCCG banter this week. Else you will need to begin every post with "Ok I am a Miami fan not a troll" or you will get blasted into oblivion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

why are miami fans afraid to admit they are miami fans***

Nov 27, 2017, 7:17 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

"Vag tech"? Lol, I will say no more.***

Nov 27, 2017, 7:18 PM

Well Done..Thanks.

Nov 27, 2017, 7:52 PM

I appreciate the passion and good sportmanship

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Greeting......

Nov 27, 2017, 10:25 PM

OP was pretty accurate in his first post. I’ll ad that the loss of Herndan will affect us more than we’d like to admit. He was a great blocker and solid recoever with good hands. He has come up with some big 3rd down catches for us this year. I’m also a little nervous about Homer pucking up blitzes. Walton was a better all around back and our running game has been hit or miss since he went out with the injury.

How is Clemsons secondary and passing game on offense? I think those areas will determine the winner of this game. Both teams have great D-lines and will most likely contain the rush. Will Clemson DBs be able to match up with our WRs? Will Rozier get his touch back? I expect a close game but it would not surprise me if either team wins by a few scores. I’ve been to the last 2 games we played in DV, and other than our last medting, we’ve played some great games with Clemson.

Message was edited by: Category5

Great Info....But Where Do I Get Turnover Chain Stats?***

Nov 27, 2017, 10:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic