Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: NCSU coach`says Wolfpack have history of pulling upsets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Football Update: NCSU coach`says Wolfpack have history of pulling upsets

Sep 16, 2013, 1:21 PM

NCSU coach`says Wolfpack have history of pulling upsets

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A vision from their coach. Not that it will happen but our

Sep 16, 2013, 1:25 PM

Tigers need to know what the attitude and atmosphere is going to be like on Thursday. We are going to have to fight to get past their crowd and start to put this one away.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A vision from their coach. Not that it will happen but our

Sep 16, 2013, 2:03 PM

JUmp on them early and build a large lead

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen! Score the

Sep 16, 2013, 10:38 PM

first two times we have the ball and stop them three-and-out on their first two possessions. Tone will be set. Crowd out of it. Tigers roll!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Clemson has a history of destroying NCST***

Sep 16, 2013, 1:27 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And Clemson has a history of destroying NCST***

Sep 16, 2013, 3:00 PM

Annihilate them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clemson fans are fooling themselves if they think

Sep 16, 2013, 1:31 PM

this will be an easy game. Our D is still suspect imo will allow points.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: clemson fans are fooling themselves if they think

Sep 16, 2013, 1:37 PM

Make sure you come back and post when Clemson rolls them. Defense is going to be a strength, not suspect.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gladly!

Sep 16, 2013, 1:48 PM

I'm usually spot on. Every year our fans think we're gonna roll certain teams but until we get a top 25 D, I think most games are in play. Now Wake, Duke, BC, Md we'll roll.

Uva, ncst, GT, SC and of course FSU will be tougher than most think imo. GT still scares me most.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: gladly!

Sep 16, 2013, 1:51 PM

Why would you put NCST ahead of Maryland? The key to exploiting a Defense is the QB. Maryland has one and NCST doesn't. Normally I would expect this to be a close game but I just don't see it happening with a new QB who wasn't even the starter to begin the season.

null

to be honest, I don't know much about Md yet.***

Sep 16, 2013, 1:53 PM

Re: to be honest, I don't know much about Md yet.***

Sep 16, 2013, 4:30 PM

If you don't know much about MD then why put them as one we'll roll. They will be tougher than NC St. MD gave us fits two years ago with CJ Brown, who they have back at QB and they also have S. Diggs at WR. He is a threat to take it to the house at anytime. MD, GT, FSU and SC will all be tough games.....we just have to bring our A game every week. And yes the D...mainly the secondary has to step it up a notch, the deep balls are killing them.

Re: to be honest, I don't know much about Md yet.***

Sep 17, 2013, 1:19 AM

When have the deep balls killed us this season? UGA didn't score 1 touchdown pass. And the deep ball you speak of from SCST was against our 3rd team defense and it wasn't a deep ball at all. Both touchdowns were short screen passes to the flats or underneath. Not deep routes. I may add that the same defense you speak of already has over 7 sacks on the season and 3 interceptions on the season. We've played two games so I think our defense is doing well. Also the majority of the tackles that have been made have been for a loss.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

MD is gonna be a lot tougher than NCST***

Sep 16, 2013, 2:30 PM [ in reply to gladly! ]

It is important to send the Terps a "going away" message...

Sep 16, 2013, 3:57 PM

...after playing the Tigers for the 60th time since the inception of the ACC.

The Tigers need to whip their A55es and give the Terps another kick in the A55 on their way out the door.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

NCST is garbage pal

Sep 16, 2013, 2:35 PM [ in reply to gladly! ]

If our D is suspect, then there are no words for theirs

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we dont play Duke this year***

Sep 16, 2013, 3:01 PM [ in reply to gladly! ]

I agree.....

Sep 16, 2013, 1:49 PM [ in reply to clemson fans are fooling themselves if they think ]

I don't think we lose, but this could be a close game. Ultimately our lack of experience at WR and the loss of Nuk will end up costing us a game or two this year. I hope I'm wrong.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You haven't been watching - WR's are still best in country!***

Sep 16, 2013, 1:54 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can see that.....

Sep 16, 2013, 1:57 PM

when I put my orange glasses back on. We're good at WR - but not great. We lost the best WR we've ever had - it's going to hurt us at some point.

Re: I can see that.....

Sep 16, 2013, 3:11 PM

<>
You must be talking about Nuk Hopkins... it sure was not Peake? Peake might wind up being the best in 2 years but not now!

Re: I agree.....

Sep 16, 2013, 3:10 PM [ in reply to I agree..... ]

What lack of experience at WR, our starting WRs are juniors! and have a lot of experience! Sammy Watkins 3 yr starter, Adam Humphries played in every game since he was freshman started a couple of them. Martavius (sp?) bryant led the team last year in yards per catch.

Re: I agree.....

Sep 17, 2013, 1:24 AM [ in reply to I agree..... ]

Lack of experience? Who? Sammy didn't have experience is first year and went 1200 yards plus on the year in 2011 season. Germone Hopper has proven himself and so have the others that are playing. Adam Humphries, Bryant, Watkins, and a few TEs to throw it to. Where is the lack of experience this year.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Sep 16, 2013, 1:54 PM [ in reply to clemson fans are fooling themselves if they think ]

Our D is not the weak link it used to be. In fact, our D was impressive so far. And with Glennon out for our game, don't be surprised if we get a few picks, and numerous sacks. I think our D impresses in this one, even if our O decides to act like they did in the first half of the SCSU game.

CLEMSON does in fact roll NCSU - 56-10. It's over by the 3rd quarter. Mark it down - and please come back. :)

I have no problem saying I'm wrong

hope it is over after 1st qtr. Last yrs game was a debacle. I think this game will give us a good idea on how far our D has come. Ga ran all over us but they did on the coots as well so thats a push.

I just think our D and given our offense still isn't in sync yet, give me the willies.

Me either - but I think if we have problems....

Sep 16, 2013, 2:00 PM

it's on offense. I'm really worried about our WR's.

Message was edited by: 1983Grad®

Yea, real impressive giving up 545 yds to UGA***

Sep 16, 2013, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: clemson fans are fooling themselves if they think ]

Re: Yea, real impressive giving up 545 yds to UGA***

Sep 16, 2013, 3:20 PM

I don't think that giving up 545 yds to UGA with their passing game, and their running game with two very good RBs. is so dread full. I don't feel any shame for our D. We won that game because our D was better than theirs. And UGA will beat I think the rest of the sec teams on their side of the sec conference. I wouldn't hold my nuts on our D, they will continue to get better each game.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you say that USuC has a good defense?

Sep 16, 2013, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Yea, real impressive giving up 545 yds to UGA*** ]

They gave up more points and nearly as many yards to UGA than we did. Don't judge our D solely on the first game of the year against a top 5 team. They're much better than that. And against a rookie QB? Tiger meat!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 16, 2013, 3:03 PM [ in reply to clemson fans are fooling themselves if they think ]

And they still don't know if their QB is real QB, or just acting.

Not to embarrass David Hood (one of the best covering CU

Sep 16, 2013, 1:53 PM

in my opinion) but here is the prediction thread for the game in Raleigh in 2011. The insight is that this game is still dangerous. Even if we roll, I will still think of games like this as dangerous until we have salted away 20 or more of these on the road in big-time or semi-big-time atmospheres.

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Clemson-NC-State-Prediction-10140

Wasn't it like the opposite of that?!***

Sep 16, 2013, 2:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Give up no turnovers ... allow no KO returns = beating NCSU

We just need to take care of the football and Pinion needs to have his "touchback" leg limbered up.

If we go in there, play our game like we can and should

Sep 16, 2013, 2:33 PM

no way we lose.

Don't turn the #### football over. That's what happened in 2011.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: If we go in there, play our game like we can and should

Sep 16, 2013, 3:17 PM

I agree if we do not turn the ball over we win!, The D will get some stops, the O will score some points. I expect ~ 21 point win. I think we score close to 40 unless their O can stay on the field. I think the only way to stop our O is for the opponents O to keep the ball, that is how we lost to USC and FSU last year! We could nto get them off the field.

Re: Football Update: NCSU coach`says Wolfpack have history of pulling upsets

Sep 16, 2013, 3:49 PM

How does "AllTimeClemson" have over 500 points?

Fellow Coots.***

Sep 16, 2013, 4:22 PM

His Tiger pulse smells like chicken.***

Sep 16, 2013, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: NCSU coach`says Wolfpack have history of pulling upsets ]

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

If we don't turn the ball over stupidly like last time we

Sep 16, 2013, 3:51 PM

played them on a Thursday night, we will win.

If I recall correctly, there were two turnovers inside our own 20....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Football Update: NCSU coach`says Wolfpack have history of pulling upsets

Sep 16, 2013, 4:36 PM

he is exactly right... U need to look @ last 2 years....we have lost many games to them over the years that we should have won handily!!

This is the same team that almost lost to Richmond, right?

Sep 16, 2013, 8:47 PM

Not saying that it'll be a cake walk. Just don't see losing to them. If we do I'll be the first to say that we "pulled a Clemson". We need to be like Oregon and stomp the team's that we should stomp. NC State is one of them.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic