Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MAYBE Clemson did not deserve a top 8 seed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

MAYBE Clemson did not deserve a top 8 seed

May 28, 2018, 5:17 PM

But Clemson had a better record than UNC in regular season and a better record in the ACC tournament. They played 3 of the regional seeds (Fl. State, NC State and Louisville) in conference. They won the series USCuk head to head who is a #2 seed at 33-24. They swept the series with Dallas Baptist a #3 seed and swept Ga. Tech. They won 2 of three at Fl. State and Louisville. Swept what was considered a tournament team at the time in Wake Forest.
Won two games in the ACC tournament by beating Notre Dame 21-4 and Miami 7-1.
UNCheat lost their 1st ACC tournament with a worse record than Clemson and the reason we didn't get a top 8 seed is we didn't play UNCheat.
I have always had respect for Ray Tanner until he gave his explanation of why Clemson was #10 and how we drew such a tough regional and that we were seeded against Fl. State Again.
All other tournaments I have see seeded #8 vs #9 not #10. It should have been:

#8 vs #9
#7 vs #10
#6 vs #11
#5 vs #12
#4 vs #13
#3 vs #14
#2 vs #15
#1 vs #16

But according to Ray Tanner "it was just the luck of the draw"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MAYBE Clemson did not deserve a top 8 seed

May 28, 2018, 5:22 PM

I might be misunderstanding you, but you do realize that number 7 (fsu) is playing number 10 (Clemson); right?

Re: MAYBE Clemson did not deserve a top 8 seed

May 28, 2018, 5:46 PM

#### ray tanner and the ###### school he’s a part of... that is all

And...they have the most corrupt athletic department in the

May 28, 2018, 8:50 PM

conference...

I am probably 10x more infuriated than you

May 28, 2018, 9:45 PM

I agree entirely and live, absolutely live for Clemson baseball and can thank my father for raising me that way (listening side by side next to the radio before the new ages), but I too am confused by the last comment. 7 vs 10 draw with not only a conference opponent but a divisional opponent we played 4 times this year? Come on that is garbage. If you “wanted us to f ing play UNCheat” so bad then why the hell aren’t we playing them potentially in the Supers and not FSU? Schedule this genius “needed” matchup with an overrated UNC team.

Tanner looked rough, he obviously aged with the constant downward spiral (thank god for my women’s basketball program) of his athletics. Guy is truthfully an ex-NC St. coach, says it all to me. I digress...our coach lit a major fire under our tail with his tossing, and yes losing that game sucked but FSU blew their pen on that tourney and will not beat the winner of MSU/OK as they usually can’t get out of their own way in regionals. Now let’s take care of business and let the normality of the tournament turn unpredicted as it always does!!!

Go Tigers!!! Fight Fight Fight!!!

Omaha 2018

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic