Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What we don't know about Nike may be the truth.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 302

What we don't know about Nike may be the truth.

Sep 4, 2018, 10:21 PM

Nike has been paying Kap since 2011 according to what I'm reading. Kap has not suffered, he has live large for a long, long time. That clarifies some confusion, imo.

It is possible that Nike expected some loss in market share and this was a strategic move to recuperate. These people don't make mistakes, not at this level. Our continuous arguments over this issue keeps the name Nike on the news and flying across social media which is Nike's primary target demographics.

No, I didn't get this off Fox or any other news. All the media is underestimating Nike's business sense, imo. I believe Nike will struggle to regain the losses but IMO, there's a high likelihood that Nike saw the loss coming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course they make mistakes occasionally

Sep 4, 2018, 10:26 PM

Ever hear of New Coke?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

But if we wanna play conspiracy theories...

Sep 4, 2018, 10:42 PM

New Coke could have just been a ploy to boost original Coke sales.

When they brought Coca-Cola Classic back, Coke started obliterating Pepsi in sales within six months. Leading up to New Coke's introduction, Pepsi had made huge gains on Coke in the market.

All it took was the "New Coke" fiasco to bring Coke back out swinging against Pepsi.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

They'll be fine.

Sep 4, 2018, 10:35 PM

Nike's target audience is not angry, old, white conservatives.

They have been one of the most genius companies when it comes to marketing throughout their history. They've calculated this to be a win.

If anything, they're exploiting Kaepernick to the bank, although I'm sure he's not hurting financially.

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." -Oscar Wilde

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

How strange it is that two of the rudest a-holes...

Sep 5, 2018, 7:54 AM

on the board agree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Takes one to know one, I reckon.***

Sep 5, 2018, 9:35 AM

Re: How strange it is that two of the rudest a-holes...

Sep 5, 2018, 9:43 AM [ in reply to How strange it is that two of the rudest a-holes... ]

Carlsbad should be included in your conversation

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Large corporations make marketing mistakes every day...

Sep 4, 2018, 10:40 PM

Not sure if this is one or not, but it happens all of the time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably just a ploy to drop the stock price

Sep 4, 2018, 11:31 PM

before a big buy back

But what do I know? I’m down 5% since the start of the great Trump market.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: probably just a ploy to drop the stock price

Sep 5, 2018, 5:51 AM

If you are down 5% in this market, you should slap your financial advisor and stick all your money under a mattress.

Seriously dude, -5%??

This has to be a joke.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holy moly you suck

Sep 5, 2018, 6:50 AM [ in reply to probably just a ploy to drop the stock price ]

I'm up over 40% since Trump on 401k. Up 20% on stocks I just bought 9 months ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Holy moly you suck

Sep 5, 2018, 3:54 PM

There are people that will vote against their own economic interests, unfortunately. Because Trumps a "meanie". Feelings before facts.

How is that even possible?***

Sep 5, 2018, 8:26 AM [ in reply to probably just a ploy to drop the stock price ]

Probably because i am a #######

Sep 5, 2018, 8:51 AM

Heavy in metals, Ford is killing me right now but it was a steal when i bought it and i have high hopes.

Oh, you invest in single stocks....

Sep 5, 2018, 9:02 AM

that'll do it.

My 2 cents is that I leave single-stock investments to the pros...I only invest in mutual funds and/or index funds. Investing in single stocks is pretty much gambling in my book.

People will start drifting off to other brands, like Umbro,

Sep 5, 2018, 8:14 AM

Cole Haan, Converse....you know, those other brands that Nike owns. There aren't too many FOX viewers who wear Nike anyway. They're mostly in Rockports, New Balance, and jackboots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MANE, YOU GOT YOUR KIT YET ?

Sep 5, 2018, 8:26 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. There's more to this.

Sep 5, 2018, 11:23 AM

No CEO is going to purposely injure his or her company and credibility by jeopardizing their competitive position so severely. Something bigger is going on.

Unfortunately we are all supporting a Chinese gov which...

Sep 5, 2018, 3:13 PM

owns and or controls all business conducted within its geographical border. They selected their citizens and make them work at wages which government sets. There's no choice.

We used to call it slavery. I'm sure Nike is facing public opinion along with every other business which outsources products to China. Our economy is so intertwined it may take a generation to straighten it out. I blame Nike no more or less than anyone else who does business in China.

Replies: 18
| visibility 302
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic