Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How were the Notre Dame fans?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

How were the Notre Dame fans?

Oct 4, 2015, 10:24 PM

Nice and respectful? Gracious in defeat? Jerks?

I haven't seen anything posted about their fan base compared to others we have hosted in Death Valley.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Two were right behind me and I heard them sing the Irish

Oct 4, 2015, 10:26 PM

fight song with about 6 minutes left........

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are good people - like all fan bases they have 20% bad

Oct 4, 2015, 11:08 PM

They are good people - like all fan bases they have 20% bad most of whom never went to ND or are immature college kids.

The ones at Y Beach were fine.

Oct 4, 2015, 10:26 PM

They were very eager to show you they were ND fans, which I found weird (like several of them pointed to their shirt or hat like they expected we couldn't read or something), but had good discussion with a couple after the game where they complained about their play calling while still being complimentary of our football program and hospitality.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How were the Notre Dame fans?

Oct 4, 2015, 10:27 PM

Quiet

Spoke with several after the game. They were very

Oct 4, 2015, 10:28 PM

happy about the welcoming they received. Of course they were upset with the outcome, but said they would put Clemson up there with any place they've been to. Including the Big House and the Coliseum. They were very impressed with our turnout and said that we have some of the best fans in America. I agree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Re: Spoke with several after the game. They were very

Oct 4, 2015, 10:33 PM

Those I spoke with really enjoyed Clemson despite the weather conditions. The majority loved the campus and I believe came away with a positive perspective even after they lost.

Go Tigers!

Lugubrious

Oct 4, 2015, 10:37 PM

They were lugubrious.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweetness, I was only joking when I said I'd like to smash every tooth in your head.

Oct 4, 2015, 10:37 PM

Lower section UN - Had several around / near us
Right besides us = very quiet, seemed intense, not very socialable
Right in front = appreciative, strongly supported their team, glad he was in a section that stood alot
Down in front to the left = a couple and the guy was way way too drunk but he was your happy silly drunk
Down in front and to the right = quiet for 3 qtrs and then real jack wagons, cussing a lot, dropping F bombs galore, barking at Clemson fans and thought it was going to get ugly. They were about a 7 to 8 on obnoxious scale. Happy to see them leave as losers.
Group near tailgate = very nice and appreciative

Oct 4, 2015, 10:52 PM

there was 2 directly in front of me, one was quiet, the other one a loud mouth redneck from Georgia. He didn't run Clemson down but he bashed ND the whole game. His best moment was in the 3rdQ when he slung his ND hat about 30 rows down to the lower deck. All the people around him had good chuckle over that. After the BJ Goodson pick, he stomped out. I guess he's probably an Alabama, Florida or FSU fan this week. He reminded me alot of most of the FSU fans 2 years ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good fans

Oct 4, 2015, 11:05 PM

Notre Dame is one of those polarizing teams for a lot of people, but there is no denying that they have tradition and huge fanbase. The fans I saw around me at Game Day on Bowman and greeted elsewhere on campus were pretty great. They were having a good time, proud of supporting their team but not obnoxious or trash talking. Really wish they were full members of the ACC and that we could play them more often. Their fans would definitely bring up the football IQ in the conference.

Oct 4, 2015, 11:14 PM

We sit on the edge of the IPTAY seating and have opposing fans near us each week. Surprisingly, we didn't have as many ND fans as I expected based on some online comments. A few were okay, and some sang the fight song after the late TD's. A few of the younger guys, however, were a bit upset and showed their frustration. Nothing happened that made me want to get security involved, but the type of behavior that can give a team's fan a bad rap.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 11:26 PM

They two in front of me were nice and gave complements of the team and Death Valley . They left when Goodson got the int and told us good game and congrats on the win .

Oct 4, 2015, 11:30 PM

Absolutely terrible. I posted this earlier in the Chirish thread, but they were a bunch of arrogant, aggressive, rude a**holes who couldn't hold their liquor. Tried to fight me while I was at a bar booth DT talking to friends - what's up with that? Wasn't just one incident too, it happened several times

Re: might be you boudreax given

Oct 5, 2015, 8:35 AM

The fact that multiple people want to punch you

Oct 5, 2015, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: How were the Notre Dame fans? ]

Oct 5, 2015, 9:24 AM

Nah. They were doing it to several people - just drunk idiots looking to pick fights with people

Oct 5, 2015, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: How were the Notre Dame fans? ]

The few sitting around me.....

Oct 5, 2015, 7:38 AM

were a bunch of obnoxious, foul-mouthed, pompas, a$$hats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The few sitting around me.....

Oct 5, 2015, 7:41 AM

I concur. The drunk, obnoxious idiots around me were a$$hats the entire game. Drinking and smoking the entire game with no regard for people around them. Before you say "all you had to do was get an usher" we were too far up in the upper deck to try and trudge down to the bottom to get one. They were as bad if not worse than coot fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

few about got killed in my section***

Oct 5, 2015, 8:18 AM [ in reply to The few sitting around me..... ]

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My experience was that even though they talked some smack

Oct 5, 2015, 8:29 AM

pregame, that they were still easy to get along with. That changed once the game started and we quickly jumped out on them. They gave our team no respect and blamed the loss on poor coaching and us getting lucky turnovers. The turnovers were not lucky. Our boys went out, worked hard, and FORCED turnovers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had a handful in our Lot tailgating with us- my take--

Oct 5, 2015, 9:21 AM

They started out cordial in the morning.

They cant handle their alcohol.

It went downhill fast around 2:30pm. I hope the young lady who lost her boyfriend checked the pinestraw area to our left. Last we saw her boyfriend, he was bent over making noises, around 4:15. Must have been something he ate!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic